Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Ghosts

Bit of a weird topic, but I'm doing some research for something I can't divulge.

Just wondering if you had any interesting stories or pictures that you'd like to share.

Myself personally I've seen 1 ghost ( a 70's kid who I passed in an entry and asked why he wasn't at home.. It was 12.15am and he never replied apart from looking at me.. I turned my back and he and his old chopper were gone wow_o.gif )

Anyway I'd appreciate your co-operation...

That was me you saw in the entry way. I didn't answer you cause I was scared, so I put on this magical ring that made me disappear. Boo. Since that is cleared up why can't you divulge what you are researching? Why did you bother telling us that you had something that you weren't going to tell us about? If you did divulge your research, what would happen? Have you ever thought that maybe YOU are a ghost and you don't know it, like in that movie 'Spaceballs'? Or are you just being silly, like in that movie, 'The Sixth Sense'? please elaborate...

There is a ghost story in San Antonio.

Not sure exactly where, but a school bus was hit by a train at a school crossing (which is true). The train track crossing became quite a "spook tourist" destination. Apparently, if you stop your car on the tracks, and shut off your engine, after a couple seconds, your car will start rolling foward slowly until it is clear of the tracks. Some have even said to have small child palm prints on the trunk of their car.

My grandparents live on what is now a historical Civil War battlefield (Battle Of The Shenandoah) in Virginia, complete with a group of graves in a group of trees in the pasture. Well, my room when visiting my grandparents just happen to have a window that overlooked the pasture and that group of trees. One night when I was little, I awoke in the middle of the night and looked out the window, I swear there were groups of "gaseous" beings wondering the pasture around that group of trees. I watched them go about the pasture terrorfied for a bit until I finally fell back asleep utterly scared. Never told anyone in the family that tounge_o.gif

Not sure exactly where, but a school bus was hit by a train at a school crossing (which is true). The train track crossing became quite a "spook tourist" destination. Apparently, if you stop your car on the tracks, and shut off your engine, after a couple seconds, your car will start rolling foward slowly until it is clear of the tracks. Some have even said to have small child palm prints on the trunk of their car.

same story exists here in So Cal too.

Quote[/b] ]Never told anyone in the family that tounge_o.gif

good move. property values would have gone down. tounge_o.gif

There is alot of myth, legend and other stories of ghosts here in the US.

Personally I don't believe you are really conducting a study of any kind. I don't see why you would say that you cannot divulge any information about your study and then turn around and tell us a story about an experience of yours.

As a good researcher you must be impersonal and objective.

There is alot of information on the paranormal and existence of spirits and ghosts out there in libraries, and even on science shows on television that I am sure you could find with some effort. Some of it supporting the existence of "spirits" and other disproving them.

I have my own experience with the paranormal since as a child I went to a boarding school where there was alot of legend of ghosts. Notably the ghost of the founder of the boarding school(who died, and body remains on the school grounds). The legend ran so deep in the lore of the school, the school library had it's own section on it devoted to the school and other topics of the paranormal and occult.

To this day I am still undecided on the idea of the existence of ghosts, spirits, and the paranormal.

I will not go into detail of my personal perceptions of encounters with any "spirits" at my old boarding school unless I am absolutely convinced of the seriousness of your study.

My grandparents live on what is now a historical Civil War battlefield (Battle Of The Shenandoah) in Virginia, complete with a group of graves in a group of trees in the pasture. Well, my room when visiting my grandparents just happen to have a window that overlooked the pasture and that group of trees. One night when I was little, I awoke in the middle of the night and looked out the window,  I swear there were groups of "gaseous" beings wondering the pasture around that group of trees. I watched them go about the pasture terrorfied for a bit until I finally fell back asleep utterly scared. Never told anyone in the family that tounge_o.gif

I think a lot of people that believe in ghosts were struck by trains.

Heh

I think the majority or even all of the claims of encounters with spirits or the supernatural are caused by other scientific explanations.

There have been people who swear that they saw a ghost walk right past them, or even speak to them, as clear as reality.  They sometimes even recognise the "spirit" as some person or even a relative who died many years ago.  Not just some faint figure made from smoke or fog.    So some scientists decided to conduct tests of the locations where these ghosts where sighted.

What they found in most of these cases was there was some extremely low(or high, I forget) frequency sound waves coming from some source nearby(like in certain rooms with certain acoustic qualities, or like near a large church bell).  The sound waves at that particular frequency could trigger vivid hallucinations and bring about powerful emotive responses in some people.

They then took a random test group, and devised a test.  They took these people and put them in a sound lab and hooked them up with electrodes measuring their brain waves.  

They then started exposing the volunteers to the sound waves.  After about 15 minutes the test would finish.  

Every volunteer came out in various states of emotions describing vivid encounters with spirits of loved ones(such as miscarriaged babies, grandparents, spouses,), angels, evil spirits, etc.  They almost all claimed that it was a life changing event, and some felt they had contact with some divine force, even god.  Some claimed it was a soothing and loving experience and would love to do it again, other said it was the most terrifying experience they ever had.

These sound wave test results were consistent with a wide variety of volunteers.

Just another explanation for alot of these ghost encouters.

@Akira:

"Mom, I saw a ghost last night"

"What did I tell you about sniffing glue?"

Well, my city Winchester switched sides in the Civil War over 100 times, so you will definitely hear some stories. On my eighth birthday, about 5 of my friends and I were watching T.V. at night when I started to hear small *pops* in the background near some woods. I took nothing of it, and left it alone. One night, I awoke to the sounds of horse steps, didn't look out the window but hear a few, possibly two horses, and then some men talking, after that it was silent. That is the biggest memory I have of ghosts.

Alright seriously, if I ever saw a ghost, or anything similar to that I would probably freak out REAL bad. This stuff spooks the hell out of me but goodness do I love it.

The unexplained makes eveything that much more interesting.

A friend of mine claims to be able to sense "ghosts". He has several interesting stories but I have never experienced anything super natural myself, as far as I can recall. My friend also claims to be able to see peoples "guardians" at times. In his words a guardian can take the form of anything (animal, lost relative etc) and it follows certain people around. The funny thing is that if he is BSing, he is damn good at it because he has several times been able to point out guardians that he shouldnt really have known about, like peoples lost family members and such.

Anyway, I dont know if its true, but I'll give it the benefit of doubt.

@ June 26 2004,01:09)]a 70's kid who I passed in an entry and asked why he wasn't at home.. It was 12.15am and he never replied apart from looking at me.. I turned my back and he and his old chopper were gone

And you're sure you weren't stoned, high or drunk  wink_o.gif

I was in Salem, MA at one of the old cemetaries near a wax museum. It was about midnight and i saw these feint "things" moving amongst the graves. Needless to say I almost pissed my pants ghostface.gif

I had a bad feeling outside and went out to look. It was like someone was guiding me to a certain place. The energy was really off, as if someone was raped in the area i was. Then I had the feeling like someone died a few feet from there.

The next day I went and looked at my deed and found a family that lived in my house in 1867. They moved after one year for some reason. I went up to the historical society and found an article about a man who shot one of his farmhands because he raped his 12 year old daughter. It turned out that that man was the one from my house.

At certain times I still get the feeling like something bad is happening, and it always comes back from that area.

@ June 26 2004,01:09)]a 70's kid who I passed in an entry and asked why he wasn't at home.. It was 12.15am and he never replied apart from looking at me.. I turned my back and he and his old chopper were gone

And you're sure you weren't stoned, high or drunk  wink_o.gif

What about all three of them!

I was in Salem, MA at one of the old cemetaries near a wax museum. It was about midnight and i saw these feint "things" moving amongst the graves. Needless to say I almost pissed my pants  ghostface.gif

Salem MA is where I live smile_o.gif

And the graves you saw are the graves of the witches that were burried. They did'nt look like normal tombstones correct?

I had a bad feeling outside and went out to look.  It was like someone was guiding me to a certain place.  The energy was really off, as if someone was raped in the area i was.  Then I had the feeling like someone died a few feet from there.

The next day I went and looked at my deed and found a family that lived in my house in 1867.  They moved after one year for some reason.  I went up to the historical society and found an article about a man who shot one of his farmhands because he raped his 12 year old daughter.  It turned out that that man was the one from my house.

At certain times I still get the feeling like something bad is happening, and it always comes back from that area.

You better watch out. He'll come and rape you. tounge_o.gif

Ghost storys..................I dont know any. I thought I saw a shost once but it was just the headlights of some car singing on my white curtains smile_o.gif

All the ghosts I've seen:

Laying on the couch one night I saw from the feet to the waist of what looked like a woman in a dress.  Then I opened my eyes all the way and it was gone.  wow_o.gif

Oh wait, that was the glare from a small plug-in light that was right next to the doorway.

Then there were the times I swear I saw small figures running around my hallway.  (Cats, goblins, the works)

Then I realized it was just me being a kid with a vivid imagination combine with being tired that made me see things.

But then there were many occasions that while listening to the radio the volume would go up and down rapidly as if a ghost ( ghostface.gif ) was playing with it!

Yet it was more an of a problem with the radio than anything... never happened with any of the other radios we had previously to those events or after them either.

Once I heard the rumor about "Bloody Mary" and all the stores the other kids had of conjuring her, I was extremely curious.  So I looked in a mirror (Did it twice, once with the ghost face in the steam on the mirror, once without) and said her name three times, and.... and.... the most shocking thing happened!  wow_o.gif  NOTHING!   wink_o.gif

Same goes for candyman, baby blue, and all those other great childhood myths me and my friends tried as kids to prove to others nothing would happen.

There are so many stories of ghosts, but they are just that, stories.  Most of them all derive from each other and are so similar all across the world, you just have to replace a few names and places, and wallaa, you've got yourself a standard ghost story!

With a lot of the new "evidence" and recordings/photos in the past decades, they become increasingly less credible.  Mostly because people can open up something like Photoshop or Adobe Premier and put in a few ghostly effects, and people are gullible enough to believe them.

The same thing goes for psychics.  Someone who can act (or in some cases cannot), or can use deductions to play on people emotions of fear (Such as ghosts running all around you) or emotion (Like loved ones back from the grave).

I could go on rambling much longer, but I'll just stop here for now.

I once saw a UFO and a giant pissing moose on a field training exercise in ROTC.

I saw a UFO too once in December.  It shot out these huge yellow letters, it said I was going to have a good year.

But that year sucked.

Stupid Alieans...

Anyway I want more Ghost pics and videos! post them up!

And none of that dumb Sabotage stuff, I would like to keep my underwear dry for the time being

I saw a UFO too once in December.  It shot out these huge yellow letters, it said I was going to have a good year.

But that year sucked.

Stupid Alieans...

LOL!

c_eagle_blimp2.jpg