Sign in to follow this  
skynet

Multiple weapons

Im not sure if this has been covered previously...

Is there a way in which a soldier can carry 2 different rifles, and a pistol at the same time?

Thanks

skynet crazy_o.gif

I dont know the answer but if it were possible im sure we would have seen it in a mod by now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way in which a soldier can carry 2 different rifles, and a pistol at the same time?

OFP uses weapon and ammoslots. This prevents the simultaniouse usage of two rifles at a time. But you can have have rifle, a sidearm weapon and an AT weapon at the same time. That´s it.

Realism first wink_o.gif

MMMM, i was thinking more along the lines of special forces having multiple weapons, as in the movie "Tears of the Sun", where some of the troops have 2 rifles/shotguns...and a sidearm....., but u only use one at a time...

maybe i'll just wait and see... sad_o.gif

I would love to see this possibility, I hope seomone figures it out - I don't think it would be unrealistic for a sniper to carry, say, an M24 SWS and also an M4 carbine.

film_3.jpg

I have asked thirtyg (he has vbs1) and he said its done via scripts...

crazy_o.gif Makes me want VBS even more! tounge_o.gif

I really hope the scripting gurus can figure out how to do this for oFP. Like I've said a million times, not for some HalfLife type crap wher you carry 37 rifles and 12 laaunchers, but for purposes like I outlined above. wink_o.gif

just make a actionbutton script that can change ur weapon.

Trouble is how to make the script keep tabs on the ammo for that weapon if ya decide to change back again, Otherwise u will have unlimited ammo smile_o.gif

I used to have a script that allowed the player to carry two rifles. But it was really just a trick script. You would not carry two weapons, but what it did is change the weapon back and forth. You used the radio to switch them out, and it DID remember the ammo for each weapon. But it did not actually allow a rifle to be carried in Secondary slot like a shoulder-fired weapon. Not sure if that would require editting the config or what.

Problem is that I lost that script, been looking for it for days and can't find it anywhere. I thought I got it at OFPEC, but I don't see it on their site now. I'm also sure it was for 1.46, but I'm sure someone might have it or might know how to write a new one.

I have seen how WGL allows placing items in pistol mag slots, so maybe there is a way to convert the config of rifles to be carried in secondary slot. When one is used, other is on back just like the shoulder-fired weapon is. You can then switch them out as needed. Only thing I would like to see changed though, maybe make the weapons lie flat against the back and not straight out like they do now.

One possibility would be backpacks - like the one in FDF1.3. Basically a portable ammo/weapon crate. Of course something like that would have to be severly limited to prevent players from carrying 20 rifles, 10 launchers and ammo for the whole company.

Yes, WGL also uses the backpack idea. But I think what Skynet is talking about is having two rifles carried at once, one in hand and one on the back. In essence, replacing the AT Launcher/etc with a second rifle. The backpack idea would require you to switch to backpack, drop new weapon, put old weapon in backpack, pick up new weapon, and then you are done. But it sounds like he is talking about just switching between both weapons the same as you switch between using a M16 and LAW. Is this correct?

you wouldnt get a model of the spare weapon on the back of the unit anyways................

Ooohoo that's very nice.

Finally, we can carry miniguns AND M82 sniper rifles! The uber soldier!  wow_o.gif

lol  tounge_o.gif

Seriously, two rifles is not beyond the realms of reality - if I had some spare time, I could dig up a LOT of photos of soldiers carying two weapons in real life combat situations...

...but I can see your point, I wouldn't like to see this abused ingame, either wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]...but I can see your point, I wouldn't like to see this abused ingame, either wink_o.gif

What!? crazy_o.gif

I was serious, seriously!

I really was! lol, I was serious! I want my minigun and m82 damnit! I do!!!

Could anyone assist me in getting a copy of the "multiple weapons" script that was available at the World War II Engineering Corps? According to the note, the site's down, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Kyle,

I'm not sure what WWIIEC had, but this is all I know of for sure, not a script so much as an addon.:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/8/270675/OFP%20AddOns/BD_2ndrifle_CORE_v1.0.rar

plus this RHS addition

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10/8/270675/OFP%20AddOns/BD_RHS_2ndrifle.rar

I may have one older true script some where which I'll have to look for.

When we have AT launcher and we fired it than why we can't take AT magazine of another soldier.for it we have to take law,rpg or pk than we can change weapon or drop that.anyone have idea

Actually, you CAN take AT ammo from fallen soldiers/ammo crates. The thing is, to simulate their weight, bulkiness and single-use nature, the ammo takes a whole bunch of magazine slots (something in the lines of 6-8)

You may have to select your AT weapon from the action menu though for the option to pick up the ammo to show up.

Actually, you CAN take AT ammo from fallen soldiers/ammo crates. The thing is, to simulate their weight, bulkiness and single-use nature, the ammo takes a whole bunch of magazine slots (something in the lines of 6-8)

You may have to select your AT weapon from the action menu though for the option to pick up the ammo to show up.

we can take AT,Gustov carlos launcher magazine from a ammo crates.if we want to take it from any dead shoulder than we have to drop our weapon launcher such as rpg,law,AT,carl gustov launcher.than we have to take dead shoulder launcher AT or carl Gustov launcher only.iam talking about Anti Tank weapon remember this.

Whoa....Lets not change the topic of this thread. It started to discuss the ability to carry 2 different rifles. It is not about picking up AT's from dead soldiers or from ammo crates.

Now back on topic...

Kyle, I found the other Multiple Rifle script I thought I had. Here's the link:

http://www.filefront.com/14335535/multiplerifles_v2.zip

Zulu1,

Thank you for locating the other file for me. I already have it, but what's unfortunate about it is that the extra weapon isn't displayed as being carried while it's not in use. That said, it is MUCH easier to use than the other two files that were supplied to me. So...

Easier it is! Or, I might just go through the trouble of setting up a 2nd carriable rifle as included in the other files.

Thank you again for your time and effort. I owe you!