Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Help figuring out a war movie

now that we are still looking for films, what was the name of the Film were there was a black US Drill instructor and he was in charge of these kids who are at a Military school, i remember the drill instructor had a very high voice, it was a comedy.

Another one I can't remember the name of:

A WWII film made in the 60s or 70s, a handful of allied soldiers in, I think African desert, guarding a water well. Lots of Axis soldiers show up, a stand off ensues, with the Allied soldiers taunting the thirsty Axis soldiers by taking a bath. Then the thirsty Axis soldiers surrender and are taken prisoner by the Allies.

Quote[/b] ]Filmed during World War II, this film was intended to be a propaganda piece for the U.S. government. Seargant Joe Gunn (Bogart) leads an abandoned tank unit after the fall of Tobruk in North Africa. The tanks picks up British, French, South African, and Sudanese soldiers along the way, becoming a microcosm of the Allied troops. The group works together to defeat a much larger German force that wants the same water well that they have

Ya that's probably it, but I don't rembmer the begining part, but the ending fits what I remember perfectly.

Got any more info to go on?

yea at the end of the film they had some sort of Junior Military Cadets competition and he came back to see if they won or sumin like that, he also does a comedy show about his family err its really bugging me.

now that we are still looking for films, what was the name of the Film were there was a black US Drill instructor and he was in charge of these kids who are at a Military school, i remember the drill instructor had a very high voice, it was a comedy.

I remember this one because it appears on german every two or three months ^^

Damon Wayans plays a Drill instructor with the name Major Payne

I can only tell you the german title which is "Auf Kriegsfuss mit Major Payne" dunno about the original title

I'm looking for a film too... Been quite a while since I saw it but it isn't too old (mid nineties, late nineties).

A group of allied soldiers are sent out to secure a villa somewhere in France during the winter, whilst there they encounter a squad of Germans and they befriend them (they celebrate christmas together, have a snowball fight) and nearing the end they are forced to fight against them for some reason I can't remember. Any clues to what the title might be? I never grasped it as I watched it on video at a friends house (he was 10 minutes into the movie when I came to his place).

Hi,

That sounds like:

A midnight clear

Regards,

Sander

Ah, yes thank you very much smile_o.gif That was indeed the movie I was looking for, off to the video store then smile_o.gif

Wow, two movies with the same scene in it. I never saw that WW3 movie (it looks like a TV movie) and Ice Station Zebra is pretty long winded and dull, i wouldn't recommend it.

I was going to say "The Thing" but there were no pipes in that movie tounge_o.gif

Was it the made-for-TV movie, "WWIII"? rock.gif

There was exactly such a scene in the TV movie WWIII, I can remember it clearly.

I think it was more than 15 years ago that I saw it though.

Meh, and I thought it was "When Trumpets Fade"

Good movie I tell ya.

I was going to say "The Thing" but there were no pipes in that movie  tounge_o.gif

I was going to suggest it, as well.

Hurrah for crazed Norwegians and scientists armed to the teeth! biggrin_o.gif

hello all, just thought as the topic of unkown films is being mentionjed i thought i would just ask if any knew of a war film where a bloke is trapped under a millitary ambulance and there is a grenade near his foot or something , i think he was aganst some sort of orienatal troops , it was in colour

if any one knows, id be very gratful