Sign in to follow this  
MattE

Help with realism

I'm trying t construct a cutscene where a major oil refinery in the Soviet Union is destroyed by islamic terrorist in the middle of the night.

1. What does a realistic and large refinery look like? Going by memory I think I'm trying to use the industrial pack to construct it.

2. How could I get a series of explosions to complement such a facility? All that oil and all I can get is a wimpy little pop almost. The explosion must be able to be seen from a long way away, in the night.

After the explosion I want the screen to go black and then open up inside a top-security U.S. Air Force post (inside the Static Radar Blockhouse addon). Two men; one sitting, one standing will see the explosion, destruction and resulting fires from a satellite image. From here the senior will telephone NORAD of the situation.

1. What unit(s) would best suit U.S. Air Force personel?

Now I know this sounds way too big and complicated for the ofp engine but all I want is something simple but effective. Unfortunately there is a lot of dialog and different angles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

cam create some LGB's, grenades and fires...just use timing to set off the different explosions. Hide the fires inside the object (smoke and light will still come through it).

As for USAF personell, id use an officer because of the cap, but webgear might pose a problem. Maybe a BAS crewchief with no NVGs etc...

Theres also a set of of reskinned Gubas for each branch of the military, but the USAF men would have to be officers due to the hat they have.

LGB's will cause alot of slowdown or lag if to many are used.

I say use HEAT125 for explosion and Fire effects and the Drop command for your smoke effects (WARNING: You gonna need to read up on the Drop command).