Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

AI - landing a plane

I am sorry, but i must ask this question - even when i know it has been asked MANY times, but i didn't find ANY WORKING solution (and i trashed 2 hours by searching)

It's simple: I have one Cesna (standard - not some broken addon) with AI pilot, and i want it to land on Nogova airport (and i don't mean the north one - i know that won't work).

I have tried everything - "Get Out" waypoints, _aircraft Action "LAND", _aircraft Land "LAND", and in various combinations with FlyInHeight, and so on.

Everytime i get the same result: AI is flying around airfield - sometime align itself with the runway and lowering its alt, but it keeps flying until it runs out of fuel or crashes into nearby 'mountains'

I must be doing something wrong, but what???

hmm, odd thing. I have just tried AI landing on Everon and it WORKS - but even if i load this working Everon mission into Nogova and only move the landing waypoint to Nogova airfield, it doesn't work.

so, there must be something wrong with that island. Does anybody know how is the landing procedure implemented? how it works? what must be set in island's config?

men u scary me! gonna check it right now  ghostface.gif

EDIT:

Just tried it out and it worked fine for me.

void_false: can you post here content of your mission.sqm, or something?

here u go. i placed plane north of airfield. so it flies south then turns around and only then goes for landing. this procedure takes about 3 minutes wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

randomSeed=5884419;

class Intel

{

};

class Groups

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

side="CIV";

class Vehicles

{

items=2;

class Item0

{

position[]={1609.609131,-34.185757,8082.352539};

azimut=180.000000;

special="FLY";

id=0;

side="CIV";

vehicle="Cessna";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

};

class Item1

{

position[]={1672.707031,-33.402184,8121.946289};

azimut=180.000000;

special="CARGO";

id=1;

side="CIV";

vehicle="Civilian";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

skill=0.600000;

};

};

class Waypoints

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1609.609131,-34.185757,8082.352539};

id=0;

type="GETOUT";

class Effects

{

};

showWP="NEVER";

};

};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

randomSeed=7364611;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroWin

{

randomSeed=583683;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

randomSeed=12818435;

class Intel

{

};

};

The getout WP for planes will put the plane into autopilot mode for landing. The AI pilot wont get the command to go into autopilot until it reaches the getout WP. Actually, the AI see a getout WP as a move WP until they reach it. So, putting the WP at the airfield means the AI won't know he's supposed to land until he's already flying over the airfield. This will make him circle around again. Put the getout WP far away from the airfield. For Nogova, I put it over the water south of the town of Vidlakov.

To make a plane land without using a WP, simply give it a unassignvehicle command in a trigger to start autopilot landing. This is all simple logic stuff if you think about it. Use your heads guys!  tounge_o.gif

The getout WP for planes will put the plane into autopilot mode for landing. The AI pilot wont get the command to go into autopilot until it reaches the getout WP. Actually, the AI see a getout WP as a move WP until they reach it. So, putting the WP at the airfield means the AI won't know he's supposed to land until he's already flying over the airfield. This will make him circle around again. Put the getout WP far away from the airfield. For Nogova, I put it over the water south of the town of Vidlakov.

To make a plane land without using a WP, simply give it a unassignvehicle command in a trigger to start autopilot landing. This is all simple logic stuff if you think about it. Use your heads guys!  tounge_o.gif

Ahhhhhhhaaaaaaa biggrin_o.gif I didn't know it automatically puts autopilot on for AI when they reach a "get out" waypoint.

Thank you !! biggrin_o.gif

well, thanks everyone for their ideas. I reinstalled OFP, and now it works. Still, i don't know what caused that strange behaviour - i was using original islands with original vehicles, and even NO SCRIPTS - just waypoints... again, thanks a lot.