Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

wow thanks for the leason... biggrin_o.gif lol j.k i like ur work do u know when the next release is going to be?

Alright alright...remember enough politics... that's for another thread.

Suicide bombers are simply a fact of modern warfare in the Middle East so I do think it is appropriate to simulate this.

Our next release will be soon and will be an armor pack. Right now Calm Terror is busy adding more armor to the packs and also updating the infantry packs with King Homer's SR-25 and M-82 sniper rifles (with his permission) as well as a few other weapons. Also the IDF troops are getting units wearing "Clown Hats" and there will be an Egyptian frontier Corp with the arab headdresses.

But when it will be ready I do not know, but it won't be too long.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've got an A4 Skyhawk "Ayit" Vs. Egyptian AA mission uploading to the Lost Brothers @uto-@ddon server. It is called "Splitting the Red Sky". It may end rather abruptly. I guess cutscenes and effects don't play in MP?

I'll see what I can do about extending the viewdistance so that you have a lot more time to line up on your targets. It plays and hosts with a nice long viewdistance on my own machine, but not when I connect to the LoBo server.

You can play either side.

Auto-Addon Server Listing

ohh cool but aww crap i have all new betas i can't play on the server..

lol

oh well i will go blow up some Egyptian BMP's and M1a1's with my IAF AH-1..

well define terrorist?

there are plenty of US troops out there to download..

lol

evne our IDF troops could be called terrorists..

but yes we will have HAMAS and jihads guys in here soem day..

i just want an alqeda terrorist to kill or a hezbola with the headdress or the vbs1 type of middleeast terrorist

or like from remos taliban pack

I don't think we'll be doing any Al-Qaeda however once we release the Egyptian units wearing that headdress other addon makers are welcome to use it (as long as they give me and Calm Terror credit in their readme) to modify into a Al-Qaeda terrorist unit.

However eventually we will make some Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah units. Hezbollah are probably the nastiest opponents to the IDF as they are well trained and well equipped...probably the most capable Arab light infantry force in the Middle East.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm not an "expert" on the mid east or anything but I was under the impression that the Syrians were towards the top in training...or maybe it's just the snipers.

Anyways, the more mid east stuff to shoot at the better!

biggrin_o.gif

no syrians not that great. they sent alot fo their troops into iraq to fights the americans and they did not do a good job..

the best trained arab army is proly jordan and egypt (now).

ohh cool but aww crap i have all new betas i can't play on the server..

lol

oh well i will go blow up some Egyptian BMP's and M1a1's with my IAF AH-1..

You can create a new mod folder and an AddOns folder within it, then download the old files to the new mod folder using OFPWatch's @uto-@ddon implementation.

That'd be "Allah'u Ackbar" not "allah ackbar"

Allah'u Ackbar = God Is Great

Allah Ackbar = God Great

and when did the Syrian army send soldiers into Iraq? During Gulf War I they fought alongside Americans.

I've heard that the Syrians are kind of a joke too. My uncle fought in Gulf War I and said that the Syrian tank regiments that were encamped near him lacked boots and often went into combat sporting Nikes. He also said that their artillery was a joke because they'd fire around and then scramble around the cannon looking through a pile of shit in their truck for another shell the fire.

I've heard that the Syrians are kind of a joke too. My uncle fought in Gulf War I and said that the Syrian tank regiments that were encamped near him lacked boots and often went into combat sporting Nikes.

Nikes are no joke! mad_o.gif

Ah thanks for the correction, although there really is no standard "English" spelling of Arabic as I've seen Arabic words spelled many many different ways in translations of the Arabic words to English pronounciations and letters.

But yeah not only did Syria fight alongside the US in the 1st Gulf War but also Saudi Arabia, Kuwait (of coarse) and even Egypt.

(There may have also been a few other Arab countries that contributed wth token forces).

So anyone doing a realistic Gulf War mission with a wide variety of nations could very well do a Egypt/Syrian mission against Iraqi forces.  Sadly however very little is written (in English at any rate) about the combat that Arab coalition forces experienced against Iraqi's military during the 1st Gulf War.  

In this latest invasion of Iraqi however, many Syrians did volunteer to fight against US forces.  However it is unknown if any were actual active members of the Syrian military.  Most seem to have just been Islamic militants along with perhaps some who were fighting because of tribal allegiances.  

As for the Syrian forces being crap because they were pulling a shell out of a truck, there may have been a reason for this.

Artillery forces, even towed artillery, often are trained to move out quickly after a fire a mission. It is possible the recieved the fire mission when they were in the process of moving or setting up a new fire position.

Also boots are not really superior to running shoes except that they provide better ankle support. But otherwise they are heavier and hotter. With that said however, I would agree that likely the only reason why those Syrians were wearing nikes was because that was their personal shoes and their army couldn't afford to give them boots. Either that or they don't have proper standards in their uniforms and their troops are just wearing whatever they find most comfortable.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ June 29 2004,02:29)]I answered for your request, guys. Check emails.

Thanks Denorc! We greatly appreciate the help!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

it has actual been documented that some syrian forces fought for iraq.

also syria had the problem of having to few literant troops. they even have over half their armour forces in storage due to them puttign most of their well trained troops on their air defence system wich they spent millions of dollars on only to have the IAF completely desamate it.. they are a well funded force. but just in the wrong areas. they are kinda like iraq was but only a few levels higher. since they have not suffered from arms bans. and use to atleast have very updated systems. but i am not sure if they have armour updated to T-80's yet. since most of their money was wasted in their air defence systems, ie sa-6, sa-2 and simular systems. mostly imobile hardernd structures..

as for arabic in english.. as miles said there is no actual proper way to spell anything arabic.. like koran=Qu'ran etc..

it is terrible..

Thats cool looking, it would be cool if you make a script that makes him expolode and blow up into pieces like the Y2k3 mod and the EFFECTSPACK.

hey while your at it can you make a fat ass micheal moore so we can blow him up to into tiny pieces?

hey while your at it can you make a fat ass micheal moore so we can blow him up to into tiny pieces?

lmao yeah that would kick ass

umm no. he has nothing to do with the middle east.

and I am not even goin to get into the politics of that issue.