Sign in to follow this  
Denorc-ORCS-

Ukrainian Flashpoint Modification - T72A

Guys from UkrMod released for public tests addon of russian MBT T72A. They wanted to know a community opinion about it, and asked for help in bugfixin' etc. etc.

There are some pics:

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/ukrmod/ut1.jpg

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/ukrmod/ut2.jpg

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/ukrmod/ut3.jpg

You can d\l beta 0.5 there:

http://www.milledi.nm.ru/ukrmod/ukr_t72.rar

Known bugs:

- No "at ease" mode

- turret rotates too fast

- some sounds missed

- Some incorrect texture mapping

It only wants to download 19 kb of the file on my computer...

EDIT: NM it's a redirect thingy. Normal click the link then it'll give you a link to download...

Results from testing:

Overall, a very nice model.

t72.jpg

On the right side of the tank, the wheel part itself is somewhat larger than the texture, leaving a bit of gap.

wheels.jpg

Some of the textures have a transparency problem on their edges.

transparency.jpg

The speedometer is broked (this is with engine off, not moving)

speed2.jpg

Also Turn Out doesn't work on any of the crew positions.

And IMHO the textures need a bit more work, they're rather grainy. It won't kill anyone if they stay like the current, but yet if some more work could be put in to sharpen them it'd go a long way. And maybe some dirt splotches, tanks get dirty fast.

(click for bigger)

texturessmall.jpg

Like I said, overall it's a good, the model especially. Looking forward for the final release.

Well Denorc[ORCS], this tank isnt as good as soldiers you are making  tounge_o.gif

but my sugestion would be same like those from SCFan42.

Dirt is on textures but even dird is green.

and as for a model,

they should remake few parts making them little more detailed in first lod (like those wheels)

also as for a polish soldier who knows like T72 should look tounge_o.gif , there is few details missing  wink_o.gif maybe looking at Sigma's tanks could give them few tips  smile_o.gif

about bugs - only one important is texture mapping, rest is just matter of cpp. smile_o.gif

about sounds - they could take them from Ghost Recon like Sigma did (probably)  wink_o.gif

Other than the suggestions made here, nothing further. The tank is fundamentally good. I was told UKRMOD is dead, it's nice to see otherwise. biggrin_o.gif

Dead is such a strong word! tounge_o.gif

Nice tank, it will interesting to see what else comes from Ukranian mod.

Very nice work!

The turrent looks good.

But the Textures could be better. They look very rusty. It should be green. Like RHS-Tanks.

And Im not shure, but the Tank looks like the wide dont compare to the hight. It looks like the Tank is not wide enough so it should be some more wide. But maybe Im not right.

And the lights should maybe have more Details.

Good Work.

Very nice work!

The turrent looks good.

But the Textures could be better. They look very rusty. It should be green. Like RHS-Tanks.

And Im not shure, but the Tank looks like the wide dont compare to the hight. It looks like the Tank is not wide enough so it should be some more wide. But maybe Im not right.

And the lights should maybe have more Details.

Good Work.

You mean the dimensions on are wrong? rock.gif

The only bug I have seen that has no been reported is the turret wont make a full 360 degree rotation in third person view.

That's not our work, so i can't say, what will be fixed or something. I posted this topic 'cause guys from Ukrainian mod cannot speak english well enough)) But they want to know your opinion.

Thank to you all...