Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

What do you want to respawn as in multiplayer?

Let's try to display a modicum of maturity on the forums please smile_o.gif

the seagull must be the only unit in OFP that hasn't been re-textured or modded yet - not that I would want a seagull addon with JPG textures that make MP games lag

Or keep the bird theme, and use more unique bird models. I'd love to see someone get killed and respawn as a hummingbird or Blue-footed Booby tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .

I want to respawn a penguin! tounge_o.gif

phearSW.gif

Or do we have to have a bird that can fly?

My suggestion -

A spectate script with free look, jump to player sort of stuff.

Animals - chickens, cattle, sheep, dogs, deer, snakes, beetles. The animal should reflect your performance in your previous life, if you get to be a large majestic animal then you will have done well tounge_o.gif

Can you be a animal now? In OFP? (besides seagulls) (I am new to MP but I've had the game for three years)

I'd like to respawn as a llama, and frolic about on the hillsides until everyone else dies.

I think it will be cool if you could choose once you die what to respawn as. And have a choice of many animals then everyone will be happy and there will be varity. Maybe have like 10 animals that you can choose.

I think it will be cool if you could choose once you die what to respawn as. And have a choice of many animals then everyone will be happy and there will be varity. Maybe have like 10 animals that you can choose.

i for one think it should random,someone could spend minutes even hours trying to choose what animal they want crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

::typos

I would like to respawn as something that can do stuffs in the ofp. like a crocodile, snake,

zombie?

i for one think it should random,someone could spend minutes even hours trying to choose what animal they want crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

::typos

then it's his or hers problem

Maybe respawning as a Predator so we would have some sort of Alien vs Predator endings smile_o.gif

I'd like to be a tree, with a branch action, so you could sneak up on someone in a forest, then whack 'em round the head, or catapult a branch into their groin.

I want to respawn a penguin! tounge_o.gif

Or do we have to have a bird that can fly?

Some penguin can.

Anyway... why respawn? rock.gif

Dynamo @ Nov. 12 2004,10:39)]
Quote[/b] ]gandalf the white Posted on Sep. 30 2004,15:28

respawn as in multiplayer...

Eva - 01 .

Eva Unit-01

yup! tounge_o.gif

A seagull at day, and Bat at night?

Point is that seagulls can hover in the air if they like to without making it look unrealistic, Every species of birds has his own type of behavious, just compare a pigeon with an "Ekster" , and you will see that they land, lift, and fly completely diffrent, For example a "ekster" comes in low on the ground,pulls up, stalls, and "falls down" 5 CM to the ground. While a pigeon goes in from a higher altiture (2 / 3 M) and descents more slowly and steady in a 160 degree angle.

So, as we want to have allot of mobility it has to be a bird. Since it has to be able to "hover" in the air you can rule out allot of birds.

A camera script like FDF ,where you can exit the cam view with Escape, and enter it again by going above 140 M would be a good thing to have standard.

An airborne virus so that you could spread through the enemy over time and still cause havoc after death!

Or maybe Syphilis... *Scratches*

1. A mosquito, to suck players blood smile_o.gif

OR

2. This one is more complicated, and not everyone will like it, but I will mention it anyway. All dead players could respawn at a nearby or random town, and occupy it until the remainder of the game. You will have no weapons, nor will you be allowed to carry one. But, you will be able to interact with the town. Things to do:

-A soccer/football will be available to kick around with the other dead players for fun.

-You have no weapons, but that doesn't stop you from fighting, fight another civilian player in hand-to-hand combat(I believe this will be possible in OFP 2).

-You can go into any house turn on the Television (TV) and watch the action from there(Hopefully someone owns a 50 Inch Plasma).  smile_o.gif

-Go to the bar/pub and watch the game while drinking a few(your character slowly becomes drunk and has vision, and movement problems, BEER IS FREE!!!).

Ok, you don't have to tell me, I know the 2nd one is absolutely ridiculous and will never happen, but wouldn't it be funny if BIS actually considered some of this? LOL