Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Who hear uses headphones?

I always use speakers (Logitech Z-560) unless I'm playing online with comms, then I use a headset w/mic.

Maybe I should'nt say that I have a Sennheiser HD-600 which collects dust tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Which annoys my parents because they hear only the bass when my door is closed, not the rest of the music

hahaha. same here. they tell me that i listen to crap and not music. and i love hard music not awful hiphop. mad_o.gif

"If you cant hear the flash, You dont sound"

No-one can hear flashes. crazy_o.gif

230_dj1001.jpg

I use these, bit overkill for games, but awesome for music biggrin_o.gif

Gaming = Headphones. Simple as that! smile_o.gif

Nice ones Gadger!

I just bought a pair of Grado SR80 yesterday! Love them! Not for gaming though but for my ipod on their way just now from applestore.

ACF23F.jpg

headphones(read headset) for teamspeak and (5.1) speakers for ofp.Great solution when flying in a chopper, riding an abrams etc and still being able to communicate with your team.

I'd like to use headphones, but I find them either too uncomfortable or I have some kind of reaction to them (my ears turn bright red and sometimes itch). crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my ears turn bright red and sometimes itch

if i play more that 8 hours a day - i have the same effect.

I use headset only for TS, and speakers for OFP sounds. I also have the baseball game on the radio or TV most of the time.

Gaming = Headphones. Simple as that!  smile_o.gif

That's understandable if you've never experienced surround-sound in games smile_o.gif

Nice ones Gadger!

I just bought a pair of Grado SR80 yesterday! Love them! Not for gaming though but for my ipod on their way just now from applestore.

http://www.hi-fi-center.no/upload/ACF23F.jpg

I've tried them, but they have a too short cable, are too fragile, don't have all that deep bass and don't fit on my head/ears.

I guess that's just me, because they have a good reputation otherwise...

i've got a pair of Plantronics Audio .70 headphones, and i'm happy with it! smile_o.gif

you only have two ears, if you hear something you just know where it comes from (don't ask me how :P )

it's ideal! nobody listening to what you're doing on the PC, not having to be afraid to piss some neightbor off, etc.

and it removes allot of noise from your PC , those flying things "autside" etc biggrin_o.gif

I've tried them, but they have a too short cable, are too fragile, don't have all that deep bass and don't fit on my head/ears.

I guess that's just me, because they have a good reputation otherwise...

That pretty much summed up the general criticism of the Grados - except the bass! I find the bass very good indeed, if only a tiny tiny bit dominating. However, that might be because I'm more orientated towards neutrality than adding impressive bass. As of now I lack a stereosystem but it's definately a future large investment. Meanwhile the Grados and an ipod have to do the job!

Ps! they are infamous for being uncomfortable. That is understandable but my head is so small it's not an issue. They fit very well indeed on my tiny head.

I always use speakers (Logitech Z-560) unless I'm playing online with comms, then I use a headset w/mic.

Maybe I should'nt say that I have a Sennheiser HD-600 which collects dust  tounge_o.gif

You can send those headphones my way if u wish ^^

I use speakers when no1 is sleeping, and headphones the rest of the time and on mp as well

I'd like to use headphones, but I find them either too uncomfortable or I have some kind of reaction to them (my ears turn bright red and sometimes itch).  crazy_o.gif

same ere. U wil need softer padding on the ear which is what im going to do. After bout 5 hours of wearing headphones, if i take them off my ears hurt and feel they going to fall off.

I'd like to use headphones, but I find them either too uncomfortable or I have some kind of reaction to them (my ears turn bright red and sometimes itch). crazy_o.gif

Headphones won't irritate your ears if they have been designed properly, my old 20e philips headphones could be worn for more than 8hrs with no problems at all. Too bad the same can't be said about my current headset, ouch. sad_o.gif

I'd like to use headphones, but I find them either too uncomfortable or I have some kind of reaction to them (my ears turn bright red and sometimes itch).  crazy_o.gif

Headphones won't irritate your ears if they have been designed properly, my old 20e philips headphones could be worn for more than 8hrs with no problems at all. Too bad the same can't be said about my current headset, ouch. sad_o.gif

The problem is usually not the (though in some cases) design but the multitude of earshapes out there wink_o.gif

I wear headphones.

Its mostly to keep my families sanity, and to sneak in a match of OFP at midnight. The walls to my room are quite sound proof.

KOSS Ur/29.

Good phones. They've even survived a couple pretty good pulls/drops/hits/smacks.

For OFP, headphones. You can hear footsteps much better that way smile_o.gif

<span style='font-family:georgia'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>I was able to acquire these headphones for half of the store price biggrin_o.gif some years ago</span>:

img101489353.jpeg

<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>Sony MDR F1</span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Quality is good, and they are very comfortable to wear (you hardly notice that you wear headphones at all).</span></span>

My headphones used to hurt my ears bad, my ears rubbed against the hard walls of the phones and became red and sore,

now 2 years later my ears have been squashed so much that the headphones fit perfectly. biggrin_o.gif

Oh and these are also well ventilated. I love 'em.

Maybe I should'nt say that I have a Sennheiser HD-600 which collects dust  tounge_o.gif

You can send those headphones my way if u wish ^^

I use speakers when no1 is sleeping, and headphones the rest of the time and on mp as well

naah. I'm looking for a mic that I can clip on my shirt. They're a bit too expensive to be just lying around (using a Logitech-shite with a mic-boom at the moment).

But thanks for the offer though biggrin_o.gif

I use headphones with a built in mic for Americas Army. Lets you hear footsteps around you much better biggrin_o.gif

Other than that, I just use speakers most of the time.

I have crappy headphones...

The little soft ear muffs fell off, and now it's like I'm wearing a stapler on my head...

(I have to wear a beanie to soften up the ear speakers)