Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Who hear uses headphones?

Just curious. I get alot more sound out of things I'm listening to with headphones, mostly with OFP Multiplayer.

I did, until they broke sad_o.gif (cat chew throught he cable)

This is better way of experiencing OFP.

When I can, music on speakers.

Otherwise, it's earphones. OFP and games where sound effects are critical are exclsuively on earphones.

My headphones have better positioning of sound, you know if the sound is coming from behind, not have that with speakers. Somehow headphones have much "clearer" sound here.

If noone is home, I use speakers. If someone is home, I use noise-cancelling headphones from Bose wink_o.gif

Hate to have the PC in the livingroom sad_o.gif

Normally I use speakers, but at night or when gaming I use headphones. It just feels better. smile_o.gif

Headphones, always. I have AKG-K66 phones that I use for music and everything in general and a Hama headset that I use when playing MP and speaking on TS.

Here's me wearing the AKG-K66 phones, very good value for just 50 euros.

I use my headphones mostly when I listen to music. Sometimes I use them when I need the true 3D hearing ability in some fps games, because with them I can actually hear better from which direction the sound is coming from in the game, at least with my headphones. Otherwise I'm using my speakers.

I use speakers whenever the house is empty or doing nothing... I have a 5.1 surround system with a 15" bass speaker. It once was at full volume(but i didnt know) and i was playing firearms (mod for halflife) and fired a gun... my friend 2 doors ago phoned me asking what that gunshot sound was and that his father was going to call the police  ghostface.gifcrazy_o.gif tounge_o.gif

So now i use headphones whenever im not alone in the house.

I'm using speakers at the moment. I would like to use my headphones more often though. It sounds as if I'm closer to combat and I don't have to worry not to annoy other people.

The problem is however that I receive a lot of static noise when I connect the headphones to the computer. I sometimes even receive radio broadcasts from around the world (Russian, Arabic, etc.) I guess the headphones ain't made for use on computers.

I take it the title pun was deliberate? rock.gif

Well all have headphones at work, we don't talk to each other wink_o.gif

I take it the title pun was deliberate?  rock.gif

Only person who noticed that biggrin_o.gif

*giggle*

I'd use headphones if I had one. My speakers have a great sound quality, and I also have a subwoofer. (Which annoys my parents because they hear only the bass when my door is closed, not the rest of the music) Also the 4 speakers and 3D sound make it quite easy to determin the direction of the sound. Though I'm going to buy good headphones today. Good quality headphones beat the crap out of speakers, especially in games.

I think headphones have a better ¨effect¨ then speakers have.

But if you got a 5.1 surround you might use that instead  smile_o.gif

For me I use headphones almost half the time and speakers when I lisen to music.

(Why do I have to have speakers on when I hear music  rock.gif  )

I use Speakers anbd Sub Woofer. Fucking hell the room shakes when nones home and the sounds on full.

When I'm alone and want to have fun, I'll use speakers and a sub-woofer, just for making the boom effects more effective. biggrin_o.gif

But when seriously gaming, I rely soley on my headphones.

I hear, so I use headphones from time to time

I played the entire resistance campaign without any sound at all! it is much more difficult when you can't hear the shots immediately

(this is also why I mysteriously died at a specific point in the MOHAA campaign: I couldn't hear the dog that was barking & biting at me ...)

I hear, so I use headphones from time to time

I played the entire resistance campaign without any sound at all! it is much more difficult when you can't hear the shots immediately

(this is also why I mysteriously died at a specific point in the MOHAA campaign: I couldn't hear the dog that was barking & biting at me ...)

as the saying goes.

"If you cant hear the flash, You dont sound"

tounge_o.gif

*I just made that up*

I have a 5.1 speaker system, so I use that. I have quite thick walls so I don't bother using headphones at night or anything - neighbours haven't complained yet. Although I think I make more noise when playing Soul Calibur with my flatmate.

I don't have speakers attached to my computer anymore,I used to have a decent subwoofer setup.

I currently have 2 pairs of headphones attached...wireless and regular