Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Ha ha ha, grrreat job Greece! biggrin_o.gif I was hoping this team would win. And what an irony: only Russia defeated Greece in these Euro games! biggrin_o.gif

Anyway good job, congratulations!

The sad part: no more football for a while. Pity, I really got used to it sad_o.gif

Im looking forward to the English Premiership with all the changes that have gone on with Chelsea and our first gameis against Man Utd biggrin_o.gif

The sad part: no more football for a while. Pity, I really got used to it sad_o.gif

Im looking forward to the English Premiership with all the changes that have gone on with Chelsea and our first gameis against Man Utd biggrin_o.gif

Nah, not me. I'm only interested when it's nation against nation.

What about the olympic games? There should be some football there, right?

Indeed a boring game, as expected. But it's also fun to watch such a well organized defense.

I suspect a big number of greeks won alot of money on betting tonight, x*100 here in Sweden.

Congratulations Greece, you deserved it.

Somebody got a link to webcameras to see what is going on at the streets of Athen wink_o.gif

Well the fact its such a amazing result and Greece have won it, which is just bloody brilliant for them, means it's not boring in the slightest. I don't think iv ever been this happy for another international team for winning a big game. I can't even imagine how I'd of been feeling if it was England sad_o.gif , but that wasn't to be.

Who needs a Beckham, Henry, Zidane, Figo, Raul or Nistelrooy etc.......... not Greece.  

Congratulations Greece!, and an remarkable achievment for Otto.

*applauds*

had a silly bet with a work colleague, winner gets bought a pint by the looser, this was after the first set og group games, 100-1 should of put Å100 on it crazy_o.gif. Not that I believed it possible was more me pratting about really.

Olympic senior football means nothing compared to the European Championship, except for the U-21 teams. Swedish U-21 team didn't qualify for the Olympic Games btw.

Edit: Championship, not cup, stupid me.

That's assuming they finish building it, which after tonight I doubt  tounge_o.gif .

As far as I know football won't be part of the Olympics this year, the same with handball I beleive... Atleast we get to watch people that have been "chemically enhanced" one way or the other run 100 metres really fast wink_o.gif

Sure, although Olympic football seems to be a bit underrated for some reason. Maybe because of the everything else that is going in Olympic games.

Great work Greece, an earned victory. Congrats to Otto and Greece smile_o.gif.

*edit* Well Goob is probably right, but anyway football is usually there.

<span style='color:green'>*</span> Result table update <span style='color:blue'>[</span> <span style='color:green'>ok</span> <span style='color:blue'>]</span>

<span style='color:green'>*</span> Result table complete <span style='color:blue'>[</span> <span style='color:green'>ok</span> <span style='color:blue'>]</span>

<span style='color:green'>*</span> der bastler's EURO 2004 job done <span style='color:blue'>[</span> <span style='color:green'>ok</span> <span style='color:blue'>]</span>

<span style='color:green'>*</span> Thank you for attendance

Congratulations to Greece. Well played. Otto, stay there, don't respond to their-you-know-who-I-mean offer!

Finally.. all this football stuff is over crazy_o.gif

/me slaps FW200 with Tux, the Linux penguin.

Why? What did Tux to you? rock.gif

wink_o.gif

The Portuguese team played a good football, but the Greek team was better and deserved to win.

Their defense system is impressive, as they already showed in the previous matches.

Congratulations Greece, well done Portugal, it was a good match to watch.

Finally.. all this football stuff is over crazy_o.gif

/me slaps FW200 with Tux, the Linux penguin.

Why? What did Tux to you? rock.gif

wink_o.gif

it's an insider from OFPEC IRC channel ;)

I waited until now to vote in this poll. I say Greece! smile_o.gif

great victory for greece

and as a german i like the way they are playing

BTW, Greece was defeated by only one team in Euro2004 wink_o.gif

Portugal too, just twice wink_o.gif

Oh my fucking GOOOOd! Greece did it!!!!!!!!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif And the Portugese went down to HELLAS!  biggrin_o.gif

Congratulationis biggrin_o.gif and maybe also Dankinis to the probably not so unimportant King OTTO  wink_o.gif

I just came home, and at once recieved a phonecall from my brother who arrived today for a 2 week holiday on Crete (that bastard tounge_o.gif ). We tried to call him right after the match, but did not get connected. He told me that just seconds after the final signal they executed massive fireworks in central Rethimnon were he saw the match (well, he did not really see the match - but 'got the picture' from the audiences at the overfilled tavernas  tounge_o.gif ). And the party goes on.........

Since I drove him and his girlfriend to the airport, I got to borrow his BMW while they are away (well, that's something to compensate for the suffering after all wink_o.gif ), and took the way past the Avenue here in Gothenburg on my way home from the match and gave the celebrating Greeks some good honking, and stopped for a cigarette there to share their joy - even though they were not very many left actually as I passed soon after midnight  smile_o.gif

ooohhhh damn...... How nice would it not be to be down there now, the party of centuries i hot Greece, while us left with this shitty Swedish summer (the worst I can remember) that fail to deliver temperatures over 20 degrees celicius, but lots of rain..........  sad_o.gif

smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Congratulations Greece!!

It's nice to see that teamplay do pay of! biggrin_o.gif

I just got back from Munich city centre - it was mad. All the Greek places were overbooked, so I ended up with a bunch of nice Irish lads in the Irish pub (Murphy;'s, if any of you know it smile_o.gif

I am well beyond drunk, this post is taking ages to type legibly, but......WE WON THE CUP biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Atmosphere was amazing, the whole of Leopoldstrasse just turned into a Greek carnival dancing type feast, flags everywhere, car horsn, fireworks, AMAZING! Germans, Irish, English, all joining in, even some Portugeuse. No trouble whatsoever, lovely thing to experience.

I am still drunk and have to go to work in 2 hours....but who cares!!!!!!

congrats Ex-Ronin.

I'm guessing there will be an open poistion for forum mod soon tounge_o.gif