Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

The good side (without counting the Greek point of view) of the Czech defeat is that the Bohemia Interactive dev team can continue the work on OFP 2 now instead of watching their football team.

biggrin_o.gif

The good side (without counting the Greek point of view) of the Czech defeat is that the Bohemia Interactive dev team can continue the work on OFP 2 now instead of watching their football team.

biggrin_o.gif

And add new campaign by name "Payback" about Chezh invasion to Greece wink_o.gif

this is the most embarrassing part of the tournament. You loose, but well it wasn't your fault at all...

True. Some people cannot admit defeat...

Instead of analysing own weaknesses or faults they "blame it on the weatherman". That means next match they will lose again because they are damned to repeat faults...

We can be happy that Germany is set for world cup 2006 (what a surprise)...

We can be happy that Germany is set for world cup 2006 (what a surprise)..

What a luck for the germans...but still they have 2 men in the Euro2004 finals...not all too bad....

We can be happy that Germany is set for world cup 2006 (what a surprise)..

What a luck for the germans...but still they have 2 men in the Euro2004 finals...not all too bad....

The old unwritten rule must be observed...

The Germans play crappy but still reach the finals --more or less...

wink_o.gif

Instead of analysing own weaknesses or faults they "blame it on the weatherman".

I blame Denoir and his 'predictions' mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Quote from other thread:

I should add before I forget that next Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here so I won't be at work, as I don't have internet access in my apartment there will be no FlashNews next week until Wednesday at the earliest, unless I decide to come into work over the 4 day weekend (possible but no promises) smile_o.gif

I guess the holidays are scrapped and Flashnews are available on monday? tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I still can not believe we are in the final!!!!!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

*bounces around the room*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

*bounce*

biggrin_o.gif

I can't believe it.. Greece lost 5-1 against Finland just a couple of years ago.

Very Sad that the Czechs lost to a silver goal as I really fancied them to win it given their exceptional playing and victories.. Very much deserved it on paper in my opinion......

But I hope the Greeks beat the Portuguese..

Just hope you don't have that ref from the England Portugal game or you've already lost  biggrin_o.gif

Portugal are lucky to be in the final but well deserved. The refereeing has been abysmal. We need video refs as football is becoming a joke. And i hope portugal win as its easier for us english fans. And as for beckham  he should give up his captancy and give it to someone with balls not golden marbles. His wife for instance. My final words R O O N E Y!!!!!

biggrin_o.gif

Oh and i'm writing to the FA asking if my kids who are 2 and 3 to take all future England penalties. It looks promising for England.

Yep beckham has surely lost the plot. Not once did i see him lift the team against Portugal. The twat!

sad_o.gif

Beckam is more a merchandising phenonema than a real football player.Teams are preppared to pay heavily for such a man because they know that the merchandizing income is high on such popular players.

Congrats Greece.

Ex-RoNiN man I can't believe Greek has made it to the finals a big suprise to me crazy_o.gif

I am really suprised wow_o.gif

I start to believe that the Greek Gods helped them wow_o.gif

I wouldn't be suprised if Greece win the Euro 2004 now wow_o.gif

congrats greece, well done. kalo paidia. biggrin_o.gif

and for the czechs + their statistics: when the team with the most shots on the goal would win a game czech would have lost i.e. against germany. rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

it's quite interesting to see that the germans now all think that the coach of a team is such important... biggrin_o.gif

in german tv nobody speaks about "the national team of greece" it's just "otto's team" or something like that which is in the half finals. crazy_o.gif

Wait up buddy. First of all it is the coach who picks the team. As you might have seen those decisions are crucial to the outcome of a game.

Secondly, the german coach of the greek team did one good step. Greece is a huge football nation and it was therefore always surprising why it performed so embarassingly bad. The reason was the governance.

football in greece is also somewhat a Mafia thing, lots of people with power, some even with underground connections to criminal organisations... and so was the way those teams are managed. Each greek Capone and Don who had money or influence in any of the clubs tried to interfer with the national coach in the past. The national team was a platform for each and every man to show that HE too was powerful enough to interfer with the coach and to give advises and orders.

The german coach isolated the national team from such influences and had a tough time doing so, he was actually often involved in quite heated discussion but succeeded. Noone else than he himself was training and organising the team. And yes he succeeded. Dont downplay this! The players have been there for many years already and we know how they performed during the worldcup.

Also, anyone who knows football noticed that the team structure was well adapted to the opponents style of playing.

Well done coach!

sure, otto has done something great. but it sounds the last days like "oh, without us germans the greek would never have made it..." you know what i mean? wink_o.gif

when the team with the most shots on the goal would win a game czech would have lost i.e. against germany.  rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

That was only our B-team.If germanz can´t beat czech B-team,that´s something saying...

when the team with the most shots on the goal would win a game czech would have lost i.e. against germany. rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

That was only our B-team.If germanz can´t beat czech B-team,that´s something saying...

so when your b-team plays you don't care about statistics, but when your a-team plays you do? rock.gif

i'm not talking about the fact that our national team is not the best, i'm talking about statistics and their "influence" on the results of a football match. smile_o.gif

Funny, Euro 2004 ends with the same match it started with.

I can only hope for a diferent outcome.

Greece ressembles that Italian team from Spain '82. They won the World Cup by playing a tough defense, eliminating one of the best Brazilian teams ever, in the process...

Everybody believes Portugal improved a lot since that first match, lets hope they (we) improved enough.

Greece ressembles that Italian team from Spain '82. They won the World Cup by playing a tough defense, eliminating one of the best Brazilian teams ever, in the  process...

Ah, Spain 1982 , that bring memories

The best world cup i ever saw, especially because it was the most enjoyable french team i ever saw (even if they were really not the best team of 1982)

That semi-final between France and the West Germany , my heart finally exploded several times because of the never ending tension and the greatness of this wonderfull match.

The 2 teams were so great this particular day, they both fought from the beginning to the end.

The F.R.G. won , but that was really football !

There are names from this semi final i will never forget "Michel Platini, Alain Giresse , Horst Hrubesch , Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ... ah, i think i remember most of the players of the 2 great teams"

How to forget the "friendly" ninja-karate attack  by Harald Schumacher on Patrick Battiston without having a yellow card biggrin_o.gif : i was near to throw the TV by a window.

And that penalties session at the end : the drama Oscar of the year !

Nothing to do with the boring sleeping football i watch on TV since some years.

Bring back real football !

I hope to see some real football in the Euro final.

Bring it on Portugal and Greece !

Overall the Euro 2004 was very nice.

I go with portugal, our brothers from across the atlantic.

(We cannot forget we have some little brazilian contribuition to the team... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif ). Congrats to the Greeks... They showed how a team is not made by names, neither favoritism.

And finally, I would be glad you all could join us in Copa America - Peru, and maybe support Brazil... I think it will be as great as the UEFA was...

Portugal are lucky to be in the final but well deserved. The refereeing has been abysmal. We need video refs as football is becoming a joke. And i hope portugal win as its easier for us english fans. And as for beckham  he should give up his captancy and give it to someone with balls not golden marbles. His wife for instance. My final words R O O N E Y!!!!!

biggrin_o.gif

Oh and i'm writing to the FA asking if my kids who are 2 and 3 to take all future England penalties. It looks promising for England.

Dont start with it. Typically the english press blames the swiss ref instead of the team's shitty performance. The poor swiss is under constant protection from several guards because of life threats.... One thing is for sure .. never again I want to hear a complaint from the english about the italian whining-.  mad_o.gif

Well done greece. You did the only right thing: DONT shoot a goal against the Czech cause that is what usually motivates them to attack. And then in the last second... well anyhow you did it. And I am glad you reached the finals. DESERVED. Your defense is world-class

yeah the 1982 World Cup was legendary, who can forget Naranjito  biggrin_o.gif

t050702naranjito_1.jpg

As for this years final, may the best team win, im only glad that greek striker with the funny name that scored against us in the first match got a second yellow card, and wont be playing in the final