Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Damn! Italy is out .... my girlfriend will have a bad disposition this night  crazy_o.gif

This was NOT a conspiracy. Anyone who actually watched the match would agree. I was down on my knees dreadfully awaiting Denmarks 3-1 goal.

Italy and Spain out, Germany or Holland joining them, hmmm weird tournament, nice suprises tho.

sad for buffon, one of (or only the) the best keepers lately. sad for cassano and some others. but the team as a whole didn't deserve it to move on.

the surprise was denmark. but still no goal of ebbe sand. i'm still waiting. smile_o.gif

Woo, never thought I'd say this. But I love Denmark! Sweden played like a wet paper bag with holes in it for the morepart of the 90 minutes, but the feeling at the end was worth it!

Scandinavian wub to the MAX!  biggrin_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif   smile_o.gif

EDIT: Also, gotta love the Italian goal in the 94th minute, or was it some other minute? Who cares right? biggrin_o.gif

In that situation Edman acctually didn't do anything, unlike the 3 previouse times he obstructed Grönkjear.

Ljungberg looks like he is trying to do some move from Yee Ar Kung-Fu  biggrin_o.gif

I do believe that was Mattias Jonson performing a very spectacular air-kick.

What's so funny inside Zlatan's shoe?

Certain drugs give you hallucinations.... Perhaps he just OD'd on Panodil pills?

Certain drugs give you hallucinations.... Perhaps he just OD'd on Panodil pills?

lmao

Can't see the Danes beating the Czech's in the quater finals tho, but Sweden v Holland/Germany will be an awesome game for sure.

We can only speculate on that for now.. smile_o.gif

Now for the quarter-finals.

Favorite opponent must be Germany. The Dutch player Robben would massacre our flank and I honestly do not think Latvia can pull it off.

Sweden played like a wet paper bag with holes in it for the morepart of the 90 minutes

Well said  tounge_o.gif

I'm actually not happy at all, and indeed not sad either - rather indifferent..

The Swedish guys played so poorly in this match that they did not really deserve to go through. But not worse than the Italians indeed, and those bad losers did derserve a ticket home - could have been nice to have them left in the tournament though, as they could play as good as they did against Sweden against Netherlands/Germany and England/Portugal... But if one don't beat Bulgaria with at least 5-0 (in which case they would have been through).... tounge_o.gif

Can't see the Danes beating the Czech's in the quater finals tho, but Sweden v Holland/Germany will be an awesome game for sure.

I really do hope so (the part about Sweden, Denmark-Czech Republic can be a real nice match too smile_o.gif ). Now Sweden will play Netherlands/Germany in the 1/4 final and England/Portugal in semi - only to have a really hard time agaist France in the final  wink_o.gif

But seriously, I would reather see the Swedish team go home today than to see them playing as embarrasing in the next match - they showed great potential in the first matches, but in this they were shitty to say the least  rock.gif  sad_o.gif

Poteltially the Swedish guys can play the most happy and lively football in the tournament and go for the final - but today Edman got his 2:nd yellow and that means that the Swedish defence continues to be weak. Lets just hope that the Swedish offence once again gives away millions of huge, amazed, smiles all over Europe  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

btw, congratulations Greece for advancing!  smile_o.gif I have often wondered why the Greeks are not joining the big tournaments since I know the football interest there is big and their neighbouring countries have been rather well representated (Turkey maybe only lately? ).. Now go and give those French guys some good spanking  smile_o.gif

Sweden 2-2 Denmark

Italy 2-1 Bulgaria

ROFLMAO....you couldn't write that shit if you tried....i was in hysterics when Cassano scored in the last minute and ran joyfully to the touchline expecting to be the hailed as the savior of Italy only to be greated with the news that it was a 2-2 draw in the Sweden - Denmark match....an absolute classic!! :lol:

The England - Portugal game should be red-hot!!  I reckon Ronaldo is going to rip us apart if we aren't careful.  He and Figo will switch flanks throughout the match and he will skin Scholes, Cole, Beckham and Nevile all day long if they aren't on top of their game.  

I can see Scholes diving in and getting another yellow card which means he will miss the semi's if we get there.

It will be great to see Ronaldo take the piss out of Beckham, ok, maybe just once biggrin_o.gif .

He will run Cole ragged as he did last season and Nevile just hasn't got the pace to keep up with him....he could be a real threat and even our worst nightmare.

Our defence wasn't great against Croatia.  Both of their goals could have been prevented if there was someone actually attempting to jump for headers on set pieces.

That said, we have played some nice football and Rooney is on fire.  He just doesn't get phazed by his opponent....it's amazing.  When he skinned Zidane with that Cruyff turn i was absolutely gob-smacked....how cheeky was that!! biggrin_o.gif

One thing i am not keen on is the way he is being built up.  He is still a kid and i can see the same thing happening to him that has happened to Owen....he was hailed 'The Wonder-kid' by the England and Liverpool faithfull and once defenders knew his game he was reduced to practically nothing.  He would do well to move to Man-U where he will be nurtured properly. biggrin_o.gif

Anyhoo, i think if we can keep possesion, get a first-half goal and then not sit back and try to defend the lead we have a great chance of progressing.

All the single cards will be erased as we go into the quarter finals. Those who received their second card in the third group game will miss the quarter finals.

Ahhh, didn't know that....cheers Llauma wink_o.gif

ROFLMAO....you couldn't write that shit if you tried....i was in hysterics when Cassano scored in the last minute and ran joyfully to the touchline expecting to be the hailed as the savior of Italy only to be greated with the news that it was a 2-2 draw in the Sweden - Denmark match....an absolute classic!! :lol:

Har f*ckin har Bravo rock.gif

I can just imagine the scenes had it been England who would have suffered Italy's fate. Guimaraes would be a pile of smouldering rubble after the match...

Har f*ckin har Bravo  rock.gif

I can just imagine the scenes had it been England who would have suffered Italy's fate. Guimaraes would be a pile of smouldering rubble after the match...

sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

why did italy have to be out! why!!!!! I am so sad. I guess that know I am gonna cheer for england, cuz I cant stand france winning another international trophy....

Go Roo!

*sniff*  sad_o.gif

ok, the Italians played bad and some of them are grease-haired pimps but cmon...

I hope the Russian referee will be hung by his balls and beaten to death with a large salami while being roasted in a good aglio-olio sauce! mad_o.gif

It sure aint fun to be half German half Italian during this championship...everybody hates us. Weak jealousy towards true and old kingdoms of football I guess...

And as for the Scandinavians gloating: Could you please stick with typical sports like icehockey or skiing?