Sign in to follow this  
acidcrash

Invisible objects

well, this is most strange.

this evening while flying, objects started turning invisible (2 , 3 , 4 , 5)

this included anything in first person (including rifle which you can see from 3rd person), any vehicles (tanks, cars, planes, people) and some objects on the island and even the island itself started disapearing in places!  crazy_o.gif

rebooted and it was fine for a few minutes, then after about 5 minutes, it all started happening again sad_o.gif

Specs as follows:

CPU: XP2000

RAM: 1GB (DDR)

GFX: GF4 Ti4200 5.6.7.2

DX: 9.1b

first time this has ever happened and its been running fine as it is for months rock.gif

anyone have any ideas?

I take it you searched for "invisible" and none of those threads helped?

Has anything in your system changed? Changed any Opf/GFX card settings? Installed any new addons?

all the ones ive checked so far are related to ATI cards or older versions of OFP

and no, nthing changed...that is no programs or drivers etc installed

all the ones ive checked so far are related to ATI cards or older versions of OFP

and no, nthing changed...that is no programs or drivers etc installed

No BIOS settings modified?

No OFP preferences or options altered?

nope, not touched em, in response to a PM i got on this, no didnt alt-tab either, though that has never caused any problems before

Installed any new addons?

??

i hope you arent suggesting i have a warezed copy of OFP void_false

anyway, just started OFP and objects are now visible once more... hope they stay that way, oh, and only addon added was St David island but that had been running fine for just under a week... ill see if it continues to behave itself

edit: thanks nathanz, but i already have all non-BIS addons in mod folders

Quote[/b] ] hope you arent suggesting i have a warezed copy of OFP void_false

picture dousnt show sad_o.gif

I mean you might have to many addons in one mod foldier wink_o.gif

I mean you might have to many addons in one mod foldier  wink_o.gif

ahh, well just for the record most likely not as i have them split up between 7 mod folders

I have had this problem on occasion on my system, when maxing out the resolution and using AA.

When I run at 1600x1200 (the highest resolution supported by my monitor / graphics card combination) and turn on higher levels of AA, occasionally objects or parts of objects will disappear. For example, the fuselage and rotor of an Apache might disappear, while the missiles it is carrying remain.

I've seen this only under those conditions, and the problem appears to be made worse when I have FRAPS loaded to capture video. I'm going to try to reproduce the problem this evening and post some video of it.

Update: Well, I tried and failed. I spent about an hour last night trying to reproduce this problem at different resolutions, AA settings etc., and wasn't able to make it happen. If I manage to capture it "on tape", I'll post the movie.