Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

"FlashNews" Launched.

Quote[/b] ]Haven't had much in the way of feedback, hope people are getting something out of this, other than pleasure because I have to work late doing it

I like it. I will check this every week now I think smile_o.gif

I've set up an archive page as well, obviously there isn't much of an archive just yet but in 20 years it'll mean something wink_o.gif

The archive can be found here, I just need to sort out some nice arrows for each one smile_o.gif

I guess another feature could be getting interviews with mod teams like some of the other news sites...

While a good idea that's not the point of FlashNews, FlashNews is there solely to report news, not make it. Doing community interviews and such is best left in the more than capable hands of the sites out there that currently do such things smile_o.gif

I like it and the idea of condensing the important details of the week into a bitsize chunk without having to check each of the sites overly often (and getting in trouble at work etc...)

And if nothing else, at least it ensures that the main page (i.e. flashpoint 1985) is being updated regularly.

I echo the thoughts of a weekly mailout, but hey ho!

Keep up the good work!

I should add before I forget that next Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here so I won't be at work, as I don't have internet access in my apartment there will be no FlashNews next week until Wednesday at the earliest, unless I decide to come into work over the 4 day weekend (possible but no promises) smile_o.gif

I should add before I forget that next Monday and Tuesday are public holidays here so I won't be at work, as I don't have internet access in my apartment there will be no FlashNews next week until Wednesday at the earliest, unless I decide to come into work over the 4 day weekend (possible but no promises) smile_o.gif

Now, that's optimistic - they haven't even qualified for the final yet, but have already scheduled two day celebrations afterwards tounge_o.gif

And nobody would stop you to release the next news ahead of the time, let's say friday night smile_o.gif

FlashNews 5.

Questions/comments/complaints/criticisms to the usual address Placebo@bistudio.com

As mentioned previously it was delayed this week due to bank holidays smile_o.gif

What Ofp addon site?

I wasn't aware of them, but anyways as they were posted after 16th they will be in next weeks FlashNews smile_o.gif

Is there some page I can bookmark which would always take me to the latest issue or at least some page which link to latest issue? It's bit inconvenient trying to always find a link from forums...

Hmm well probably bookmarking the archive index would be the best thing? It gets updated each time there's a new release smile_o.gif

Looking good biggrin_o.gif

Tnx for adding my page there .... smile_o.gif

Good luck with the rest of it

But of course wink_o.gif

FlashNews No. 9

Apologies for the delay caused by the website downtime smile_o.gif

Please also note a slight change to FlashNews No6. For the sake of simplicity I omitted Medicus' name as being responsible for the original FDF CTI conversion when posting about the Karjala version, this confusion led to a little unnecessary unpleasantness aimed at Medicus, apologies to him for that.

It was grat idea to add more languages, but, why you didn't add our language (Czech)? I know, that you have much work with another things, but It won't be so hard for you if you're Czech. I know, that there is Slowak too, which is similiar to Czech, so why shouldn't Czech be there?

Sorry in advance if I said something wrong.

Firstly you said nothing wrong smile_o.gif Secondly I'm English, thirdly one of my Czech colleagues also asked me the same question, fourthly and most importantly, no Czech person volunteered to do the translation, so that's why I'm afraid smile_o.gif

Eh, uh ehm, so, the next thing I don't understand is why do you have the little guy with shirt made of Czech flag in your signature.

Thanks for answer.

Because I moved to the Czech Republic in May and she's waving hello to me smile_o.gif