Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

"FlashNews" Launched.

Very nice! Looks much better in the BIS "Camo" wink_o.gif

Hope you will find time to continue doing this. smile_o.gif

Wow. Thanks, this is a nice help to 56'kers like me in finding stuff.

Maybe you could integrate this with an rss feed?

Thank you.

I must show my ignorance here, what's an rss feed? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

I must show my ignorance here, what's an rss feed?  rock.gif  smile_o.gif

this  wink_o.gif

I don't follow? You want us to put a search engine on our website? You're crazy crazy_o.gif

Looks very very good now.

If only "FlashNews" was around during OFP's infancy. Documented in the manuals as the official place to go for all the latest news and user-made releases.

I do hope "FlashNews" becomes a permanent fixture. Who knows? Maybe "FlashNews" could have it's own domain in preparation for OFP II. wink_o.gif

If only "FlashNews" was around during OFP's infancy.

What was lacking then? rock.gif

There was OFP Base, OFPN. OFP.com, Axle and more. They never missed a beat!

Nothing.....But the official website used to only have a news update once in a blue moon. smile_o.gif

It's good to see it more 'active'.

I don't think he means google but the hits google gives you  wink_o.gif

Baaah he should have said that wink_o.gif

I looked at a couple of sites that google found, definitely an interesting idea, as FlashNews matures I'll look into ways of improving it smile_o.gif

So how often will FlashNews be updated?

I gotta something special for your next issue. biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

(Belive me its special)

Major natural disasters aside, each new FlashNews will be released on a Monday, last couple have been out at about 8:30pm CET, although this Monday coming England are playing Croatia so I'll be at home well before then biggrin_o.gif

I'm from Bosnia BTW I guess we'll be on different sides :P

You are? Oooh splendid, I'm afraid I can't wish you good luck, it's England's destiny to meet France in the final and beat them 47-0 wow_o.gif

Dream on soldier  biggrin_o.gif

BTW you're not setting a good example since we're waaaaaaaay offtopic wink_o.gif

You are? Oooh splendid, I'm afraid I can't wish you good luck, it's England's destiny to meet France in the final and beat them 47-0 wow_o.gif

*Looks at Mister Placebo with an evil eye* tounge_o.gif

It's England vs Switzerland, not Croatia tounge_o.gif

Go England!

On-topic:

I think it's a great idea, like a ''best of BIS forum coverage'', but an e-mail news-letter would be even better wink_o.gif

No-no-no, well, yes, i am crazy, But an rss feed would simply be your current flashnews blocked out in xml, and posted to a 3rd party aggregator site (distributor).

that could invite changing the structure a bit so that you would only post the blocks when they happen, and then we dynamically build the newsletters client-side based off of the feed.

a bulk mail coming out of cz, as much as it would be appreciated, would likely just be filed away, if it survived the spam filter. An rss feed is pulled, rather than pushed.

A bulk Email version is very unlikely at this stage, an rss feed is much more likely and is something I will investigate in the coming weeks smile_o.gif

FlashNews 3.

Questions/comments/complaints/criticisms to the usual address Placebo@bistudio.com

I'm going home now to bite my nails down to the elbow  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Added an "l" biggrin_o.gif

That's why he's called Placebo - you think he works, but he really doesn't. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

LOL there's a perfectly rational explanation for the missing l but I won't waste it on you biggrin_o.gif

FlashNews No 4.

Haven't had much in the way of feedback, hope people are getting something out of this, other than pleasure because I have to work late doing it wink_o.gif

I like it wink_o.gif

I guess another feature could be getting interviews with mod teams like some of the other news sites...

Or maybe have a small "classics" list at the bottom with the must-haves for OFP?