Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

"FlashNews" Launched.

FlashNews 2006 Forum Thread

FlashNews: 2004 Archive.

FlashNews: 2005 Archive.

FlashNews: 2006 Archive.

Today sees the launch of the weekly "Flashnews", this is intended to be a brief digest of Flashpoint related news during the past week, also included from time to time will be any relevant technology news.

FlashNews 01.

This will take on a slightly more bistudio.com theme from next week but the primary focus is to keep to a simple, clear digest format.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions/submissions for next week will be appreciated smile_o.gif

Something about OFP2 next week? wink_o.gif

Good stuff. Just a small thing, you should make the links open in a new window. Now I keep clicking back and forth smile_o.gif

you should make the links open in a new window. Now I keep clicking back and forth smile_o.gif

To be honest with you that's simply the default way that Adboe GoLive makes the links work, but personally I do prefer it that way, you can easily control how many windows you have open, and if you want something open seperate you can just do the right click/open in new window thing smile_o.gif

shift+click

I never knew that one, thanks smile_o.gif

Can it be mailed. So you get a Flashnews Mail. Something like the Washington Post has smile_o.gif

Hmm well technically it can of course be done but I personally think it's better posted in the forum and on the website, if people are viewing it in their inbox it may defeat its purpose of increasing awareness, activity and traffic smile_o.gif

shift+click

I never knew that one, thanks smile_o.gif

Didn't know that too, that helps smile_o.gif

Nice idea keep up the good work chaps. Cant wait to see some news on Ofp2 biggrin_o.gif

placeb, why dont you edit yr posts?

Eh?

Hi all!

Its a good Idea your "FlashNews".

Those things are the motor to hold the OPF Community until OPF2 is released.

I am verry happy about this!

Thx. Bohemia! smile_o.gif

cu

,._ZECKE_.,

Good stuff, maybe at some point you could link to a page that has liinks to ALL the OFP sites,it would show newcomers how extra popular OFP is.

Again great work and Thanx Placebo or whoever is responisble for the new news page

you could link to a page that has liinks to ALL the OFP sites

That's something I'm working on hence the pinned thread in squads/fanpages, there are a lot of sites, there are also a lot of dead or "stagnant" sites as well, my current policy is to exclude any that haven't been updated this year.

Issue no. 2 is now up.

Flashnews_110604.html

I'll look at padding the content tomorrow as well as giving it more of a bistudio styling.

Thanks to Ofp.info for their help with the content.

Great idea Placebo I love it,

BTW is there going to be non FTP download link cuz for some reason I cant download from ftp's or maybe its ofp.infos problem... wink_o.gifsad_o.gifrock.gif

Any chance it can be an option to have it mailed to your email?

I was going to say that too. Any chance of "subscribing"? smile_o.gif

BTW is there going to be non FTP download link cuz for some reason I cant download from ftp's or maybe its ofp.infos problem... wink_o.gif  sad_o.gif  rock.gif

Well I just generally grabbed the 2nd url from Ofp.info which is the ftp one, no real reason for doing that, I can change it to the http mirror for them smile_o.gif

eisa01 & Leone asked and answered over the page a little wink_o.gif

Sorry to mention this so late, but the download link to my Memorial Object Pack is wrong (Flashnews #1). It is instead linked to what seems to be a Weapons pack

Wrong Link

Right Link

wink_o.gif

Sorry about that, the curse of copy and paste  wink_o.gif

It's fixed now smile_o.gif

Edit: This new issue of FlashNews is now integrated into the BIStudio "style", I think it looks much better like that smile_o.gif

Tomorrow I'll do the same with the first one as well as change all the ftp URL's smile_o.gif

BTW Placebo I think all download URL's on ofp.info are ftp...not sure tough.