Sign in to follow this  
-ZG-BUZZARD

Trains in ofp??

Well, if you're able to choose the composition of a train, why not be able to put more than one engine in a composition?

@Lenin

If everything is rdy ;)

@Para

We are not working on a Steam.

The idea was there but not enough time, maybe as an Add-On if the whole Mod is relaeased (No promiss !)

@Supergbil Its the same Engine ;)

@Buzzard You can put 30 Engines in a line but theres not more power :P

These trains can be made as long as one wants, right?

Yes and no. You can put 100 wagons after another, put I don't think, that your computer will manage it, to run the script for each one, but as I said before, this engine isn't for 100 wagons, but 20 or a bit more a ok smile_o.gif

@Odin

Ah, here the Links of the screens are working, the ICQ ones didn't.

Very nice work(you and lester)

biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 14 2004,20:01)]
Me three....

only problem mates...it looks like a european train....*cough*uGly*cough*

We need to create like GP35's and other things that you see in america!

Lemme guess... you also complained that the Skoda, Trabant and Mini aren't american cars?!?  rock.gif  blues.gif

Really, bmgarcangel... I don't think OFP depicts America as battlefield scenario... so why the heck should the trains be american?!?  mad_o.gif

because american trains look more industrialised like the Dash 13 or Dash 30 dont remembger the number

Nogova today stopped ordering trains from Europe and Russia and has decided to buy the better Dash - 9's from Santa Fe & Burlington Northern, they will be buying 9......and they will be buying 6 GP-35's from Rio Grande

Dash-9

http://www.railbuss.com/ferrovi....209.JPG

GP-35

http://ghostdepot.com/rg....bdb.jpg

Way to powerfully IMO, something like a "SW-1500" would be suitable for heavy loads.

From the screens its look great! biggrin_o.gif

Isnt the gauge of the track a problem when using different engines from around the world ? I think the standard U.S gauge is a lot wider than European gauge .

Isnt the gauge of the track a problem when using different engines from around the world ? I think the standard U.S gauge is a lot wider than European gauge .

Yes, that's another problem, but I don't know, if people should concentrate on that, because it has no real sence. It's just a bit more realistic wink_o.gif

Wow.

This would be a nice addition to expand OFP world.

I want it now! hope to release will be soon.

Keep up your good work! biggrin_o.gif

Yes, that's another problem, but I don't know, if people should concentrate on that, because it has no real sence. It's just a bit more realistic wink_o.gif

Yeah i spose yer right ... i mean ... look at the post after ours..by shadow.. " will we be able to blow up the railway?"

This is going to be a typical view of OFP gamers , who are not going to be that bothered by incorrect gauge. biggrin_o.gif

But it looks like MicroSoft have shelved the game "Train Simulator" so if AEF get in quick enough they have a whole new market to aim at  biggrin_o.gif

@ July 16 2004,05:38)]We are not working on a Steam.

The idea was there but not enough time, maybe as an Add-On if the whole Mod is relaeased (No promiss !)

Well If we at I44 will get promission to use this addon

Then you will see steam engines ;) but like i said.... if we get promission from you guys smile_o.gif

i got one question... Will you be able to blow up the railroad?

That would be cool if the damage model was like DKM mi28 when its destroyed.

It's a pitty, but the tracks can't be destroyed at the moment. There's a limitation of the OFP engine, so you have to chose:

Make tracks,

-which you can build on hills

-on which objects can drive without any problems

OR

make 3D tracks, which you can destroy, but then you got several problems:

-Tracks have to be build on flat land

-No other vehicles can pass this tracks without problems, like jumping around, we all know that problem from >=1.46

-I don't know, if the AI would like to drive on 3d tracks...:crazy:

The only thing I could imagine, to destroy the tracks, would be to check the status of each one, and if it's blown up, you replace it with a other destroyed one, but I don't know if that's possible...

@Mars911

We're really proud to here that from I44 mod smile_o.gif

But you don't need to ask for permission, when the tracks are released, no one has to ask for permission to use them ;)

But it would be great, if other teams would start building new engines and wagons on the base of our tracks biggrin_o.gif

k@voven

BUZZARD @ July 14 2004,20:01)]
Me three....

only problem mates...it looks like a european train....*cough*uGly*cough*

We need to create like GP35's and other things that you see in america!

Lemme guess... you also complained that the Skoda, Trabant and Mini aren't american cars?!?  rock.gif  blues.gif

Really, bmgarcangel... I don't think OFP depicts America as battlefield scenario... so why the heck should the trains be american?!?  mad_o.gif

because american trains look more industrialised like the Dash 13 or Dash 30 dont remembger the number

Nogova today stopped ordering trains from Europe and Russia and has decided to buy the better Dash - 9's from Santa Fe & Burlington Northern, they will be buying 9......and they will be buying 6 GP-35's from Rio Grande

Dash-9

[ig]http://www.railbuss.com/ferroviaglobal/fotos/Train%20Sim%20Dash%209.JPG[/img]

GP-35

[ig]http://ghostdepot.com/rg/images/rolling/locomotive/3049%20GP35%20denver%201973%20bdb.jpg[/img]

this trains look.... *cough* UGLY *cough*

When we can download island and trains! it's looking good smile_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>placebo slaps USSRsniper, remove image tags when quoting images please smile_o.gif</center></span>

would it be possible to "destory" the rail by script?

like: adding destoryed rail model to cover the actural rail by trigger?

The only thing I could imagine, to destroy the tracks, would be to check the status of each one, and if it's blown up, you replace it with a other destroyed one, but I don't know if that's possible...

I think it's nearly the same, but something like the trigger which checks on or two tracks would be good, we have to discuss that in team wink_o.gif

@ k@voven

Okidokie... Well then where really happy to say we will use it in our mod ;) where working on the tracks atm... small picture

As you see there cables... but nevertheless there WILL be steam engines!

Tracks.jpg

These trains can be made as long as one wants, right?

Yes and no. You can put 100 wagons after another, put I don't think, that your computer will manage it, to run the script for each one, but as I said before, this engine isn't for 100 wagons, but 20 or a bit more a ok smile_o.gif

@Odin

Ah, here the Links of the screens are working, the ICQ ones didn't.

Very nice work(you and lester)

biggrin_o.gif

O.k. So the engines can be attached together.

Very nice. That is very good to hear.

This marks the end of my inquiry.

Those INV44 shots are making me go nuts...

Must... Have... Invasion... Aghh!!

Yeah i spose yer right ... i mean ... look at the post after ours..by shadow.. " will we be able to blow up the railway?"

This is going to be a typical view of OFP gamers , who are not going to be that bothered by incorrect gauge. biggrin_o.gif

But it looks like MicroSoft have shelved the game "Train Simulator" so if AEF get in quick enough they have a whole new market to aim at  biggrin_o.gif

dude standard guage is standard gauge, so if u shipped a US dash 8 to the uk it will run on uk tracks, most of world use standard guage which is 4ft 8 and a half inchs, spain, russian portugal and ireland use wider guages of track. but most locomotives and wagons can be rerailed with ease if sent to a proper engineering plant.

plus AEF would not have the whole market as M/Soft realeased train simulater ages ago, they did cancel train sim 2 tho, and one of the developers are making there own train sim with multiplayer!

am i sad or what  smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

PS Marss911 i love u and i want to have your babies biggrin_o.gif

@ k@voven

Okidokie... Well then where really happy to say we will use it in our mod ;) where working on the tracks atm... small picture

As you see there cables... but nevertheless there WILL be steam engines!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/marcel/Invasion1944/Misc/Tracks.jpg

Lmao... thought that picture was of a real life location... tounge_o.gif

Very nice.

biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh looking really great guys!!!! I can't wait to see this, nor any other applications that will stem from this! Very innovative and wonderful guys....

Hehe I can't wait to see some large cannons placed on top of carts.....small rail systems to deliver ammunition .... on and on....

Hmmm... it makes me wonder... in WW2 there were lots of military wagons like AA, Arty, even V-2 launchers... I wonder, are there any modern-day military wagons? Like, with Vulcan/Phalanx and Stinger for air defence? Missile-launcher-carrying trains?

I don't think so, because they are not needed. Today you got your ICMB's ( biggrin_o.gif ) and other rockets, you got your laser designated bombs, you got jets. The only thing I could imagine would be troop and amunition transport rock.gif

mhhmmmhmmm tounge_o.gif can't wait