Sign in to follow this  
denoir

International Politics Thread

Look it up for yourself mate.

They were by no means the only ones.

Again, nice trying

You have refuted 2 people without substanciating your own claims. Trolling me isn't going to get you any links.

As well as Czechs, Ukrainians also joined the SS and fought against the Russians. Transylvanians and Norwegians too.

The Dutch S.S. were noted for their brutality compared to German soldiers.

You have refuted 2 people without substanciating your own claims. Trolling me isn't going to get you any links.

As well as Czechs, Ukrainians also joined the SS and fought against the Russians. Transylvanians too. Norwegians.

The Dutch S.S. were also noted for their brutality compared to German soldiers.

You are just posting things that you cannot make claims to. It has been widely accepted that Czechs were not fond of Nazis, in fact the Nazis had to level a whole village in retaliation to assasination of a SS figure. I guess they were cooperating, right? Perhaps maybe a few wackos joined SS, but that doesn't mean Czech as a whole did.

So Russian soldiers who committed less than honorable actions were actively doing it.

In my opinion the Russian soldiers behaved a lot better than the S.S. and frankly had a lot more reason to behave in this fashion.

Revenge was served.

So Russian soldiers who committed less than honorable actions were actively doing it.

In my opinion the Russian soldiers behaved a lot better than the S.S. and frankly had a lot more reason to behave in this fashion.

Revenge was served.

How about to Chechens? Afghanistans?

As well as Czechs, Ukrainians also joined the SS and fought against the Russians. Transylvanians too. Norwegians.

The Dutch S.S. were also noted for their brutality compared to German soldiers.

You are just posting things that you cannot make claims to. It has been widely accepted that Czechs were not fond of Nazis, in fact the Nazis had to level a whole village in retaliation to assasination of a SS figure. I guess they were cooperating, right? Perhaps maybe a few wackos joined SS, but that doesn't mean Czech as a whole did.

I absolutely wholeheartedly agree.

That not say that there weren't elements of Czech society allied with the Nazi's.

The German Czech community must have been quite substantial judging by the amount who all fled to Germany in advance of the Russian army.

Revenge was served.

Now there's another two societies well known for their humanity to their fellow man.

Quote[/b] ]You are just posting things that you cannot make claims to. It has been widely accepted that Czechs were not fond of Nazis, in fact the Nazis had to level a whole village in retaliation to assasination of a SS figure. I guess they were cooperating, right? Perhaps maybe a few wackos joined SS, but that doesn't mean Czech as a whole did.

That not say that there weren't elements of Czech society allied with the Nazi's.

So one element equal the whole?

Quote[/b] ]The German Czech community must have been quite substantial judging by the amount who all fled to Germany in advance of the Russian army.

Or they knew Soviets were indiscriminantly going to harass them just because they were Germans.

Quote[/b] ]You are just posting things that you cannot make claims to. It has been widely accepted that Czechs were not fond of Nazis, in fact the Nazis had to level a whole village in retaliation to assasination of a SS figure. I guess they were cooperating, right? Perhaps maybe a few wackos joined SS, but that doesn't mean Czech as a whole did.

So one element equal the whole?

Quote[/b] ]The German Czech community must have been quite substantial judging by the amount who all fled to Germany in advance of the Russian army.

Or they knew Soviets were indiscriminantly going to harass them just because they were Germans.

Beats being indiscriminately massacred just for being Russian or Jewish.

Now there's two societies well known for their humanity to their fellow man.

Let's see Afghanistan was finally going ok, until Soviets tried to meddle in during 80s, and made them all jaded, and Chechens wanted to get away from Soviets and were bombed, so they turn jaded. Ha they are jaded! (because Soviets bombed them)

Can we stop putting blame for a war that happened while none of the people on this forum where even born?

I don't see this leading anywhere.

Beats being indiscriminately massacred for being Russian or Jewish.

And Czechs did that?

Afghanistan has never been "going well" ever.

Beats being indiscriminately massacred for being Russian or Jewish.

And Czechs did that?

Some of the German ones did, yes.

And they supported Germany's annexation too.

It would have been if Soviets stayed out of there. Which just shows that Moscow needs to stop poking Georgia like this.

Quote[/b] ]Some of the German ones did, yes.

Notice that the word YOU USED was "SOME" Not "most" or "all". You can't prove that Czechs were supporting Nazis.

It would have been if Soviets stayed out of there. Which just shows that Moscow needs to stop poking Georgia like this.

Er no.

Afghanistan has always been a total nightmare.

For thousands of years.

It was more stable under Russian rule than it had been since the British left.

Georgia is shelling civilian cities. The Russians need to sort them out.

Er no.

For thousands of years.

Keep denying the reality. Under Soviet invasion, things were worse than the times before when there were at least some chance of autonomous Afghanistan, which was crushed by Soviets.

And why do Russians have to stick there nose in Georgian problem? Because Moscow has been poking Georgia, and this is just one of them.

Quote[/b] ]Some of the German ones did, yes.

Notice that the word YOU USED was "SOME" Not "most" or "all". You can't prove that Czechs were supporting Nazis.

I'm not trying to prove that all Czechs were Nazi's.

Why would I be?

And I have no need to prove that Czech's supported Nazi's. It's historical record.

If you are unable to distuingsh between the ethnic German Czechs and the rest, or unable to recognise their natural sympathies with the Nazi regime, attempting to prove anything to you would be a waste of my time.

In the same way Ossetians are natural allies of Russia. Their people share the same passports and families.

Stalin was Ossetian.

Russia must feel an obligation towards them. I know I do about my related countries.

Er no.

For thousands of years.

Keep denying the reality. Under Soviet invasion, things were worse than the times before when there were at least some chance of autonomous Afghanistan, which was crushed by Soviets.

And why do Russians have to stick there nose in Georgian problem? Because Moscow has been poking Georgia, and this is just one of them.

Autonomous Afghanistan?

Whats so great about autonomy?

Don't you mean ruthless fuedal anarchies, run by warring abusive warlords? An endless cycle of violence, oppression and despotism.

Wow. Autonomy. Cool.

Russia has every reason to interefere with wars in neighbouring countries.

Regional stability. Refugee's. Russian citizens in danger. Strategic intrest. Historic alliance. Humanitarianism.

It seems strange that a person who believes in autonomy would be so dead set about preventing the Ossetians from getting theres.

Autonmy< sticking your finger up at the Russians?

I'm not trying to prove that all Czechs were Nazi's.

Why would I be?

Here's what you posted a few pages ago.

Quote[/b] ]A good number of the Czechs were ethnically German.

They joined the SS and commited atrocities and genocides in Russia.

They are fully accountable for their actions.

They volunteered.

This was your support to the argument that Czechs invaded Soviet as aggressors.

Quote[/b] ]

And I have no need to prove that Czech's supported Nazi's. It's historical record.

Actually it was the other way around. Czechs made it difficult for Nazis to the point where Nazis leveled a whole village. So contrary to what you belive history says Czechs don't like Nazis.

Quote[/b] ]If you are unable to distuingsh between the ethnic German Czechs and the rest, or unable to recognise their natural sympathies with the Nazi regime, attempting to prove anything to you would be a waste of my time.

And you were not really realizing that ethnic German Czechs are not the whole Czechoslovakia. Don't waste my time trying to portray Czechs as Nazi symphatizers.

Quote[/b] ]Russia must feel an obligation towards them. I know I do about my related countries.

That obligation was no where to be found when Georgia went for independence and got SO. Now they are just trying to gain back the territory they had little or no interest in.

As I said before a good number of Czechs supported the Nazi's. In particular the ethnic German community.

I'll take a large bet that it wasn't an ethnic German villiage that got massacred.

Again, why is it that you approve of Georgia's independence, but you are unwilling to support Ossetia's?

Why mask this as "righteous search for autonomy and independence" if that's not what you really care about.

If you just want to see the Russians get one in the eye, that's cool with me.

Personally I side with the Russians.

Autonomous Afghanistan?

Whats so great about autonomy?

Don't you mean ruthless fuedal anarchies, run by warring abusive warlords? An endless cycle of violence, oppression and despotism.

Wow. Autonomy. Cool.

You gotta be kidding me. Autonomy is not so great? How about China beats snot out of Russia and make it their subjects. That wouldn't be bad because Russia doesn't need autonomy. The warlord situation was quite recent development. Of course, it's always easier to vilify them then to look at the history itself.

Quote[/b] ]Russia has every reason to interefere with wars in neighbouring countries.

Regional stability. Refugee's. Russian citizens in danger. Strategic intrest. Historic alliance. Humanitarianism.

It seems strange that a person who believes in autonomy would be so dead set about preventing the Ossetians from getting theres.

There weren't much of refugee to begin with so your argument fails on that account. Historica alliance does not mean you start a potential WW3, Humanitarianism is something Soviets gave up when they let Georgia take SO. You are trying to portray SO as the bad guy, then attempting to portray your position as better position.

So since you believe autonomy is over rated, I guess equal concepts like humanitarianism, historical alliance, and regional stability are also over rated. Considering your post, I say this argument actually works as you support conflict that is to stick fingers to Georgians.

Quote[/b] ]Autonmy< sticking your finger up at the Russians?

No, Russians are just pissed that Georgia is doing well and they cannot do much to screw it.

As I said before a good number of Czechs supported the Nazi's. In particular the ethnic German community.

I'll take a large bet that it wasn't an ethnic German villiage that got massacred.

Again, Czechs were not happy about Nazis, and small group of them did not constitute the whole Czechs.

Quote[/b] ]Again, why is it that you approve of Georgia's independence, but you are unwilling to support Ossetia's?

Apples and oranges. How about you actually supporting Georgian independence and their soverignty over SO? Looking at how Russia fretted over other parts breaking of from Soviet Union, Russian don't have much in terms of gaining moral grounds.

Quote[/b] ]Why mask this as "righteous search for autonomy and independence" if that's not what you really care about.

Why do you support autonomy of SO when you don't support it for Afghanistan?

Quote[/b] ]If you just want to see the Russians get one in the eye, that's cool with me.

Personally I side with the Russians.

I side with common sense.

I'm not aware of any time in history when Afghanistan was a peaceful unified nation.

I don't believe Russia started the fighting between South Ossetia and Georgia, neither would it be an issue for me if I did, in fact I believe they deployed there to stop it and successfully negotiated a truce the last time it kicked off.

I do believe however that NATO expansion towards Russian borders is a step closer to WW3 and I would hope that my own country would withdraw from the alliance in this event.

I don't care about sticking anything to the Georgians, I don't care about them at all.

The humanitarian in me would like to see them being prevented from shelling Ossetian cities, but since I have no historical, familial or strategic ties with Ossetia either, I don't especially care about them also.

I don't share your view of Russia as a malevolant society.

Why do you support autonomy of SO when you don't support it for Afghanistan?

I don't.

I support Russia as the regional power and safeguard of stability in theatre.

I'm not aware of any time in history when Afghanistan was a peaceful unified nation.

Then study some history. They had their share of downs but they had some chance of getting it back together, until Soviets decided to meddle in.

Quote[/b] ]I don't believe Russia started the fighting between South Ossetia nd Georgia, in fact I believe they deployed there to stop it and successfully negotiated a truce the last time it kicked off.

Last time, yes, this time, no. They are adding more fuel to fire and is doing it with clear mind.

Quote[/b] ]I do believe however that NATO expansion towards Russian borders is a step closer to WW3 and I would hope that my own country would withdraw from the alliance in this event.

And this is exactly why Russia is starting current conflict. They have misconception and is now taking out like a bully.

Quote[/b] ]

I don't care about sticking anything to the Georgians, I don't care about them at all.

The humanitarian in me would like to see them being prevented from shelling Ossetian cities, but since I have no historical, familial or strategic ties with Ossetia either, I don't especially care about them also.

Exactly how Russians think about Georgians. They don't care, they don't care about Georgia's soverignty.