Sign in to follow this  
Jmaster33

Reflective water?

Any outlook on the ability to use this addon when released with sub-1 GHz pc's? Like maybe including a settings option similar to ECP that users can adjust level details depending on their specs.

Sorry, but fixing my car has been more priority financially than updating my 900 MHz rock.gif

it currently has a config file which allows to configure everything, and a keyboard hook which allows to toggle settings on/off while playing using certain keystrokes (including a key to turn the OFP GUI on/off for, useful for screenshots :P)

(including a key to turn the OFP GUI on/off for, useful for screenshots :P)

That's perfect! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Kegetys Posted on June 06 2004,01:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it currently has a config file which allows to configure everything, and a keyboard hook which allows to toggle settings on/off while playing using certain keystrokes (including a key to turn the OFP GUI on/off for, useful for screenshots :P)

SWEET! biggrin_o.gif

Where do I sign?

(including a key to turn the OFP GUI on/off for, useful for screenshots :P)

I've been wanting the ability to do that since the first time I played OFP.

This project keeps sounding better and better. Have you been told that you are the man yet today? tounge_o.gif

hmmmm....this brings up an intersesting point.... you are able to have it where the person has a specific key to turn it on and off.....does this mean you could make something similar for being able to link keys to different things in a dialog??

I'd soooo love to be able to gain tons more control through dialog features

oh and great great job! and ummm....mirrors would rock!!

if projecting the view of one obeject onto specified pollies for a tv monitor or laptop of some sort it would be wonderful!

keep going keg!!! smile_o.gif

Would be very cool if it was possible to implement IR vision in the game using this technique.

How about the ability to capture a screenshot automaticly from a camera attached to a UAV or from the view of a forward observer. Possibly this could be done by listening for a variable from the dll and as soon as its state changes the screenshot would be taken.Then maybe the screenshot could be processed and exported to a fileformat (.paa or .pac?) that could be read back into the game to be displayed in a PDA (could look something like the spysatellite camera control vectorboson did a long time ago)that the player can access. This could open up for information sharing over the battlefield in a similar way like the future NCW (network centric warfare) will work.

Do you think this could be done?

I haven't seen the video, but the images will do just fine. Looks really nice, but how does he(if not you) intend to make it into just a mod?

By the way, there aren't any non-divx versions of that movie anywhere, are there? :-/

So it would come in a .pbo ? or would it replace some .dll files?

wink_o.gif Hmmm , Kegety ...after listening to the music to your movie ... i was instantly taken back to Amiga and Commador64 rolling demos of the late 80's.. some of the wipper snappers in these forums wont remember such days....aahh Paradox ... i hear they still crack stuff biggrin_o.gif

Really nice (and clever) work. Kegetys beats us once more ... wow_o.gif

Congratulations. tounge_o.gif

So it would come in a .pbo ? or would it replace some .dll files?

It is a .dll file you put in OFP directory. Replacing ones in Windows' system directory would make you to have to reinstall Windows all over again tounge_o.gif

Congratulations. tounge_o.gif

this is why BIS is so damn good.. they support their game, and they respect the commuinty and so on..

if it was a electronic arts game i guess they would take the person to the court or something..

Congratulations.  tounge_o.gif

this is why BIS is so damn good.. they support their game, and they respect the commuinty and so on..

if it was a electronic arts game i guess they would take the person to the court or something..

Or take them into the back room and kick the crap outta him(her):)

This is really cool! Well done Kegs m8

Na BIS wouldn't do that, they'd rather get the job done just like that so they'd send BIS Troopers out to Kegetys home and just blow the place to hell!!

Anyhow, great work Kegetys.....dude, like...RELEASE IT!! I CAN"T WAIT!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Anyhow, since he can do this does this mean we can do more with OFP? LIke make the graphics look better...**Looks around, makes sure BIS isn't listening**

Na BIS wouldn't do that, they'd rather get the job done just like that so they'd send BIS Troopers out to Kegetys home and just blow the place to hell!!**

I think Co_klink was refering to EA instead of BIS

Anyway great work keg!

Any speculations how Radeon 9600 pro performs with this effect?

Na BIS wouldn't do that, they'd rather get the job done just like that so they'd send BIS Troopers out to Kegetys home and just blow the place to hell!!**

I think Co_klink was refering to EA instead of BIS

Anyway great work keg!

DUde

wtf

are you like with OFP again man?

Gorgeous.

Combined with the EECP-Project this could lead to a fairly new OFP gaming experience.

The community can be proud of such eagerly working people.

Respect.

I always found OFP water unimpressive, and never thought i'd see the day when this "Real Virtuality" would turn into a picture postcard game engine. biggrin_o.gif

I guess from now on we'll see more of them narcissistic machine gunners, gazing at their own reflections in the water. A bit of melancholy is what this game always needed. smile_o.gif

Great hack guys!

Wonder...when will this be release...if he is going to release it.........

blues.gif Glares at code masters blues.gif