Sign in to follow this  
mick78

Tv news helo's

Hello.

Just wondering, would anyone else be interested in using/making TV news helicopters?

If anyone would be interested, I have a few pic's of two different ones from Sydney - Channel 7 and 9. Ones of the 7 one with the door closed, and then open with a camera man leaning out with his feet on the skid..

I'm not sure what kind of helicopters they are.

If anyone is keen on making one, and want the pic's i took, let me know.

MICK.

I also have pictures of a little greek man running along with the olympic torch. That would be a good addon as well  crazy_o.gif

Well there are two made already one by VIt of thats yellow TV 4 News chopper, and the other is in the Airwolf Mod's Huges 500 pack. Actualy it its a Movie film chopper but actually has a camara mane that hangs out of the door to film sceans. Neat is made a few videos using it and Fraps a few times.

even though I already told you on MSN ill put the link for anyone else who wants it: Vit News Chopper

hell, (no offence vit) that things the pits but oh well, it's the only one. my request is that somebody needs to make a REAL AMERICAN CHOPPER!!!!! I'll get you some pics of the 3 news choppers we have here, i think all news channels have the same models, just different colors and different Cams.....

For those of you who have or have seen SWAT, what would be cool would be to make the helicopter with the huge camera mounted on an axis. that would be pretty nice. but i would also take just the normal model news chopper with the little mount-on camera, with "News 9" on it and it's colored red tounge_o.gif

chopper_inside.jpg

something like this?  its a bell. Martin's model anyone?

do it with a gunner's positon. replace the "gun" with the camera. make the "gun" view into a camera view. take pictures of explosions and sh*t, people getting shot....car chases

Well had later plans to overhaul the VIt chopper later with better skins and in different colors, fairly easy to make that work. Mostly was screwing with it to make a black ops FBI type bird out of her. The news chopper is usual a flir bubble like law enforcement and military uses, no need to have the doors open to high winds noise and weather.

The news choppers we have here don't have those little cameras stuck on the outside. The only ones I've seen with that are the Police helicopters.

The ones I took photos of today show the camera man sitting in the doorway with what looks like a shoulder mounted camera..

I'd personally be more interested in that than a chopper with a small one mounted on the bottom etc.

but I guess ill take what i can get!

mick.

Well, it will be a while working on a bunch of east choppers that should have seen release a year ago. And one of the too many humvee packs. as copycat types show up. Of course got draged into making wheeled vehicle packs for a number of mods as well.

the Airwolf mod 500 D movie chopper can be retextured I recall the permission was granted in the read me and had a camara view for the camara man. The Bell Ranger is still more commly used but it require getitng permission from Marfty to alter his bird and AWM to get the camara man proxzy and animations.

how do i post a pic?

do i need to put it on a website or something first??

I can post a pic of the channel 7 helo... (if i knew how).