Sign in to follow this  
Bobcatt666

Ka50 pack by hawk

That are definitly nice choppers!

Finaly some good choppers for east! (together with DKMM's Mi28 of course  tounge_o.gif )

Pictures and Info (found on Gamezone.cz):

Quote[/b] ]These birds have been originally made by Eviscerator, and Hawk filled them with modern OFP scripts and features: retractable gears, suspension, etc. He had also tweaked the config to make the values more realistic - as an example, check the gun rotation :]

Hawk's Ka-50 have been also enhanced with a brilliant and innovative Custom Armament Setup Script. This script gives player an ability to freely configure the weapon loadout selecting from a variety of weapons:

- GSh-32-2 32mm gunpods

- 80mm unguided missile pods

- AS-16 8x pods

- AA-11 Archer missiles

Beta version of pack contains 3 camo variants of the helicopter (black, jungle and desert), each without arnament. Once you set the chopper near an ammo truck, a menu appears. That menu ables you to select the exact loadout.

For the final release, Hawk informs he will include more arnament to choose (like freefall bombs), better script interface and predesigned loadouts for the editor.

hwk_ka50_001s.jpg  hwk_ka50_002s.jpg  hwk_ka50_003s.jpg

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

This is great!  biggrin_o.gif

Try out the sample missions.. you can choose your own loadout! I'm loving this addon..  smile_o.gif

You can now go on a mission and if you have picked the wrong weapons.. return to your Ural Ammo truck and load up another loadout which you need biggrin_o.gif

is there a mirro up uable to get it still as the ftp isn't allowing downloads

Das ist Fantastish! biggrin_o.gif

At last some cool birds for east. Now i'm in doubt who ganna win: DKM commanche or KA-50 tounge_o.gif

If the link at ofp.gamezone.cz doesn't work , you should try the link at http://of.fpp.pl  smile_o.gif

Is that the same version? It was released 2 weeks ago, and the file is half the size...

If the link at ofp.gamezone.cz doesn't work , you should try the link at http://of.fpp.pl  smile_o.gif

Is that the same version? It was released 2 weeks ago, and the file is half the size...

It's the same size only the website says it's 2MB but it is 4MB when you download it wink_o.gif

Just shame, they didn't  changed original BIS V-80 model. Ka-50 don't have this round camera on nose. It was only on V-80 prototype sad_o.gif

This is how V-80 looked:

v80-03.jpg

And here is Ka-50:

ka50-6.jpg

great choppers, smile_o.gif but i think i have a problem, in the editor i have 3 variants: desert, normal, and jungle, but in game i only can use the canon and the flares, the rest of weapons dont apear in the choppers...

any help?

wink_o.gif

is this only me or are shadows missing ?

still, great addition, even if it's a v80 more than a ka50 ;) always glad to have new helicopters with retractable gears when they should smile_o.gif

Now, I 'D need a ka-52...

reinhard , Yes , land near an Ural Ammo and then you can give your chopper any loadout you want smile_o.gif

anyway to pre-define what weapons they have? so AI can use it..

also, the AA-11's are somwhat useless, a stationary target, 2 reloads (8 AA-11s overall) only 2 hit and then the target was still able to fly crazy_o.gif (all the other just flew right past the target)

Take the polish link, it works alright, ofp.info seems to have a lot of server probs lately... sad_o.gif

reinhard , Yes , land near an Ural Ammo and then you can give your chopper any loadout you want smile_o.gif

Thanks mate smile_o.gif

I love these choppers, I can demolish anything with them! smile_o.gif

how come that choper is so hard to turn in air???I dont like that even Hind turns faster. smile_o.gif

rudder is alot more effective on this than the normal helos, but it does have a tendency to start flying backwards if you flick it round too quickly

Well after a few dozen sorties in these birds think they are cool. Wish they start off with a default combat load out so your not caught on the ground while arming by AH64Ds and eat a hellfire while on the ground chasing the ammotruck. =)

I believe if you start a mission with the truck next to your helo,you have the option to do your loadout while in the cockpit smile_o.gif

Yeah but you know AI drivers, they gun the engine and move as your doing it, usually start the mission off and with a ammo truck parked between choppers without fuel and order the drivers to get out before they can shoot off. Usually keep a tweaked Mi24N guarding us. Incase the Apachees cross the map faster then the loadouts can be added.

This KA-50 version is great! I do agree with 'hide' though that this choper is really hard to turn but it makes sense if you think about what 'Acidcrash' said in terms of the rudder use.

However a potential problem with this, that I am finding whilst trying to make my CAS script, is that the AI don't use the rudder.

In other words, AI will normally engage from a chopper in strafing lines across the target. When the AI fly this KA-50 version, the circle around the target as if their trying to do strafing-lines but never quite achieve it.

I think this can be fixed ex-addon by limiting the chopper speed but it would be nice to see this KA-50 AI friendly.

Excellent work thoug Hawk this KA-50 is very nice. I especially like the range of weapons, compatibility with Ural Reammo and the fold-up gear. But please make this AI friendly (i.e. fix the turning circle problem) as I realy want to use the KA-50 version to it's full deadly agile capability.