Sign in to follow this  
Veovis

Oxygen eats textures

Is there any other model or texture format that OFP accepts besides p3d, paa, and pac? I'm really tired of how terribly oxygen ruins my models. For example, I have a soldier now that I made in 3ds max, and with a 3ds render and tga textures, I can read the words on the soldier's arm patch. Once I put it in oxygen and convert the textures to paa, it turns into absolute crap. I can hardly make out the russian flag on the patch, let alone the letters. Help?

I try to make mine in Photoshop and there is still crap.

I'm telling you man, they know sth we don't. biggrin_o.gif

How do the textures look in OFP?

If they look ok there try copying the flashpoint.cfg file over the one O2 uses. This worked good for me.

kill the little crap computers and use JPEGs. If only they fit in with the rest of the game...

For an arm patch etc then yep just use jpeg's, but the only lose in quality that I've noticed is mainly a change in the shade of colours. The clarity shouldn't alter much.

What resolution are you running OFP at?

What else can be done?

I create a nice texture in photoshop but when it goes through to O2 it gets nasty grain. It looks like texture with worms. It should be smooth as glass.

Well, I haven't loaded it into flashpoint yet. I'm looking at it with buldozer - does that make things look worse than they do in game? I don't think that's the problem. I think it may because I mapped the textures onto the model with 3ds max. I've done reskins of suchey's models, for example, and they look great. But when its mapped in max it looks awful.

it may be Buldozer configured in a low resolution. I made models in 3d studio, I map them in 3d studio and i don't have problems when importing in O2, try to copy the flashpoint.cfg file from your flashpoint directory to the buldozer's one. And try to use the Paatool to convert your textures

Well...it´s maybe because your flashpoint.cfg doesn´t have good parameters...

Are your values in your flashpoint.cfg file something like this?

Quote[/b] ]

Total_Memory="512 MB";

Landscape_Textures=1024;

Animated_Textures=1024;

Cockpit_Textures=1024;

Object_Textures=1024;

HW_Type="Direct3D";

JPEG?Why? for bigger lagz?Don´t know why some people still wants to use JPEGs... :-/

Use PAA or PAC ;)

look at this sample:

paa.jpg

Do you still think PAA and PAC are craps?it´s not about format´s,but about TEXTURE!

-For better pac textures save the texture into gif for web color than convert it to pac

-If you have BLACK/WHITE texture,desaturate it in photoshop (ctrl+shift+u) and save as TGA,then convert to paa

-Or for colors PAA use PAA tool

Hope,I helps

Enjoy

Wow... it was most definately my cfg file. For the game my textures are 2048 quality, but for o2, it was 256!! No wonder it looked so terrible. Thanks for the advice.

o2 and texview is fast but textures gets grain effect and stuff, so it is a good idea to use paatool to convert your textures to get it look more like the orginal.

One more question.

How can I make a text and simple grafics be visible on a detail level (readable)?

What fonts or Paatool options?