Sign in to follow this  
PsyWarrior

Project mcar public beta release

HaTeR,

When you say the 2A and 2B sights don't work properly, are you referring to the lack of 21X mag? Because apart from this - and the fact that the driver is by default the commander, as with other "car" class vehicles - your addon is the best thing I've seen in a while. It'd be nice if you could fly your TOW past a closer target to get to a high-value asset beyond, but beggars can't be choosers. Superb work; having done trials on countermeasures against Sa9 and 13 many years ago, I can vouch that although they're not perfect they are still pretty scary when things are going their way. One tiny word of note re the readme notes, though; IR missiles are oblivious to Chaff.

Boy, does this system have possibilities... biggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

Yeah, I was referring to the 'zoomlessness'... tounge_o.gif

It was less than 21xmag for the other hummers than the 'Real'...

Quote[/b] ]eh i dont want to bother you guys just for a personal addon.

wanted to mod my already pimped out dodge viper to have a towb or perhaps ffar's if i could figure out the code for it. get rid of them nasty roadblaocks

Actually we are releasing documentation for installing this to your AddOns...

That's going to take a while though...

Quote[/b] ]Could this be used to simulate a realistic Javelin ATGM shoulder fired by the AI?

Probably not, as the weapon would need to be a vehicle that can take cargo aboard...

I'm not trying to explain myself here, you just need to wait for the documents wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And could it simulate multiple tube vertical launch systems, with multiple weapon types from a ship addon like an Arleigh Burke destroyer?

This on the other hand could/should be possible...

As the missiles are created from thin air, you could basically shoot anything out the turret... Just depends on the scripting...

Sa8Gecko actually tested the Gaskin by shooting Cessnas out of it biggrin_o.gif

(a few steps back and continue:)

Quote[/b] ]SA-9 has wrong model. BIS BRDM isn't BRDM-2, it's FUG.

If you need a good model of BRDM-2, our MOD can assist you('cos we're working on it)

Yeas, as stated, these are just 'show cars'...

We were going to release our very own Gaskin on a real BRDM-2, but I think you guys can pull it off way much better, as we don't have any texture-genious-artist in our ranks, so the textures would have sucked.

So encourage you to work on your Gaskin and when our documentation comes out, you can quite easily implement this into the vehicle...

Quote[/b] ]i have only one complaint

the east AA car.

the planes and helos dont detect it as a missle. therefore no ECM's are launched.

Yes, this is a very annoying 'feature' as the missiles are created upon firing, it does not belong to anybody so basically for the AI that missile does not exist...

Until it hits them, of course... tounge_o.gif

Pappy Boyington:

the 'life' of the 9M31, the sa-9 missile, is 15 seconds. You can

make it last as long as you wish, modifying the scripts.

About adding those to your vehicles, you must even modify

a little (very little) the models. If you're interested, Unnamed

is the guy to ask, even if I and Hater_Kint can provide some info.

Just ask us, we'll be glad to help you.

eh i dont want to bother you guys just for a personal addon.

wanted to mod my already pimped out dodge viper to have a towb or perhaps ffar's if i could figure out the code for it. get rid of them nasty roadblaocks  biggrin_o.gif

but im not gonna bother you guys to go thru all the trouble just for something thats for me and a handful of others

thanks anyway. thought it might be as easy as eventhandlers and weapon additions

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]but im not gonna bother you guys to go thru all the trouble just for something thats for me and a handful of others

thanks anyway. thought it might be as easy as eventhandlers and weapon additions

My fault, I should have started on some documentation sooner. Not my favouite task. It is as easy, sounds like you did not add two additonal cargo proxies to hold our game logics?

Take a look at some of the models to see how the two extra cargo proxies are grouped with the turret and gun selections. I will make a start on documenting it all.

Greetings,

Thanks, everyone, for your response so far! biggrin_o.gif

We will be releasing a couple of demo missions showing the test platforms at their best shortly, hopefully along with the first version of the MCAR Manual, and any code updates.

RE: Any HUMMWV Dying problems: HUMMWV Armour is not good, and the vehicles are designed to engage the enemy at long range. You may also want to 'distract' the enemy tanks by sending in some other units with a higher 'cost'.

-PsyWarrior

Quote[/b] ]wanted to mod my already pimped out dodge viper to have a towb or perhaps ffar's if i could figure out the code for it. get rid of them nasty roadblaocks  

Hey Pappy, are you going James Bond on us? I would love to see the Aston Martin Vanquish (my favorite car) complete with missile capabilities (mmmmmmm).

PH

hell yea brother biggrin_o.gif my dodge viper, challenger, and chevy corveet hold the entire INQ weapons onboard, bullet proof, radio script to play music, and a booster script that can get her up to 800+ on or off rroad

she just lacks weapons

and no i didnt it only has one cargo proxy afik. ill see if someone cant add another. as i cand moeld or work o2. i jsut fix everything else biggrin_o.gif

make sure you give us documetns on how to add FFARs cuz i deffently want unguided misels too

Gaskin is very deadly. I'm under impression that it is way too deadly...

Anyway, great job, guys! smile_o.gif

There shoud be an award for this addon smile_o.gif

Here you have some screens:

mcar_1.jpg

mcar_2.jpg

mcar_3.jpg

mcar_4.jpg

Quote[/b] ]There shoud be an award for this addon

lol biggrin_o.gif

Well, money would always be appreciated biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

This is really great!! Been long time waiting for this.Finally biggrin_o.gif

Thx for this a very good job on it smile_o.gif

Could this method also hurdle the limit of not being able to use Laser Designators on tracked and wheeled vehicles?

Rudedog:

what do you mean, exactly ?

with this method you can always have the direction the weapon

is facing. Finding the exact spot on the ground where the weapon

is pointing would be pretty easy. But targeting a house,

for example, on top of an hill silouetting against the background sky would be more difficult. Well, you can always give it a try.

First, but I bet you already did this, depbo the files. Then, if you

need to figure out something, let us know. We'll be glad to help.

wow_o.gif This actually works! You have done one hell of a job! smile_o.gif

Maybe PASI with Crotagle system could be done with this?

Could this method also hurdle the limit of not being able to use Laser Designators on tracked and wheeled vehicles?

and IF this works, could it work on a tracked vehicle? (like a Tank or APC)

if so, i hope someone can make a forward observing vehicle

vould be rally cool to roll up a hill, target the enemy, call firesupport (via COC UA) and then roll back, wait till the arty stopps, roll up again and count enemy bodies from a safe distance biggrin_o.gif

OR support the buddies during their tank assault biggrin_o.gif

Ok cool, so this is finally out. They said the missiles are really deadly for the fact that the AI does not see it. Wouldnt this be kinda good for like say the Avenger system? As it is a pretty damn deadly platform firing the Stinger missle! Anyways great job guys!

Quote[/b] ]This actually works!

lol biggrin_o.gif

We wouldn't have 'come out' if this didn't... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe PASI with Crotagle system could be done with this?

Yes it could...

Well, hope springs eternal... *krhm! FDF Mod.. krhm!* tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and IF this works, could it work on a tracked vehicle? (like a Tank or APC)

Yup.

Anything that can have cargo proxies (that work in-game) can use this...

@ Kuba.......

Awesome screenshots!!!!

I hope this means someone will now make an SA-8 Gecko:

sa-8-1.jpg

Not to mention all the other vehicles: HMMVW AA version, LAV with missiles etc. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

I hope this means someone will now make an SA-8 Gecko:

KILL IMAGELINK.

Not to mention all the other vehicles: HMMVW AA version, LAV with missiles etc. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

The Geko has been laying around for sometime done up as a tank class unit. The Avenger and new tow sitting in the bpack of the woodland and desert humvee pack which contains the heavy weapons and support units. .

Does this also mean that in theory a Stryker Armored Gun System could also be possible???

George

I have had two problems with this addon. I was testing the TOW2A REAL on empty units ranging from a Tonalese T-55 to a fire truck. I fired and tried to manually guide the tow but at one point it just exploded in mid air and said "empty detector." I tried again but locked on and the same thing happened. Also when I try to manually guide the Tows they will vear off course to kill a vehicle closer to the missile than the intended target.

Amazing...

But I can't seem get the AI units to go and destroy empty friendly targets... they don't seem to guide at all.

Ahh yes - the good ole' divide by zero error!

http://www.toadlife.net/stuff/forum_pics/MCAR_b2_error.jpg

The missiles seem extremely weak - it took 3 of them to cause a BMP crew to exit and two more to make the BMP explode. Sometimes 5 missiles would fail to destroy a BMP - attacking anything heavier than a BMP was useless. This was the case for me with every model.

Another thing. The AI will only fire if they are a certain distance away. I know this is by design, but the closest fireing distance for the AI seemed to be a little too far.

Quote[/b] ]The missiles seem extremely weak - it took 3 of them to cause a BMP crew to exit and two more to make the BMP explode. Sometimes 5 missiles would fail to destroy a BMP - attacking anything heavier than a BMP was useless. This was the case for me with every model.

- Strange, I'm getting one-shot kills on BIS T80s every time.

Quote[/b] ]I have had two problems with this addon. I was testing the TOW2A REAL on empty units ranging from a Tonalese T-55 to a fire truck. I fired and tried to manually guide the tow but at one point it just exploded in mid air and said "empty detector." I tried again but locked on and the same thing happened.

Well that sounds weird...

I have no problems destroying empty units (altough my unit 'collection' does not include a fire truck...)

I tried the manual guidance and it worked fine... You just need to remember not to let the sights 'wander' down towards the ground as the missile flies where you point the crosshair...

Quote[/b] ]Also when I try to manually guide the Tows they will vear off course to kill a vehicle closer to the missile than the intended target.

Hmmm... I think it's due to the target finding routine... As it finds a target it goes for it, regardless of where you are pointing the crosshair...

I distantly remember this happening to me as well...

But Sa8Gecko may have something more to add to these...

Quote[/b] ]But I can't seem get the AI units to go and destroy empty friendly targets... they don't seem to guide at all.

Weird again...

I tested this (again) just now, and AI targeted and hit all kinds of empty friendly targets...

Can't really say what caused that... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ahh yes - the good ole' divide by zero error!

rock.gif

How did you manage to get that happening?

With which vehicle? The TOW 2A Real has a bit different scripting from the 'regular' TOW 2A and 2B...

Quote[/b] ]The missiles seem extremely weak - it took 3 of them to cause a BMP crew to exit and two more to make the BMP explode. Sometimes 5 missiles would fail to destroy a BMP - attacking anything heavier than a BMP was useless. This was the case for me with every model.

Another thing. The AI will only fire if they are a certain distance away. I know this is by design, but the closest fireing distance for the AI seemed to be a little too far.

rock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

I also get one shot one kills... Except when shooting at Abrams with TOW 2A, it takes two...

wtf??

I'm speechless crazy_o.gif

NEVER seen anything like this happening in my own tests...

The TOWs 'live' only 21 secs so there's not much sence that AI would engage targets outside of the weapons range.

We were told that one of the advantages of the TOW Humwee is that it can engage targets far before the target becomes aware of the Humwees presence, hence the long firing distance...

Trust me, you don't want a tank noticing you before the missile has almost hit it... tounge_o.gif

Maybe you realeased wrong version ? Evrything is possible...

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you realeased wrong version ? Evrything is possible...

lol biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, everything is possible...

I should know, I'm the walking Murphys Law... wink_o.gif

But it seems weird that some have probs that are humangous and some have no probs at all...