Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Screeching noise when i plug in my headphones!

How can I beable to use my headphones! lol.

In control panel, I have come to find out that my microphone was put on MUTE. I unclicked MUTE and came to find out that now I knew why it was on mute, it screeches this LOUD and annoying feedback! I dont know what todo! TY!

What you are hearing is feedback, where the output of one channel is fed into the input of another channel, and amplified.

Somewhere in the mixer you should be able to turn off all inputs other than the microphone.

I'v had the same problem with sound blaster live...

My Logitech optical mouse causes a buzzing sound in my headphones when I move it sad_o.gif

My Logitech optical mouse causes a buzzing sound in my headphones when I move it sad_o.gif

me too and I hate it. It is because the cables of both the speakers/headphones and the mic are not shielded. funny thing is that my mouse is logitech too. I would pay to get rid of that noise.......

If it annoys me too much I'll go bully Hlavac into giving me a regular mouse biggrin_o.gif

I would pay to get rid of that noise.......

Send me US$100 and I will send you a Microsoft Mouse absolutely free!

Order before midnight tonight! tounge_o.gif

1-800-DUM-BNNY

i can hear my CD when it accellerates and decellerate like a buzzing sound in my earphones..... not very loud though

TIMEOUT: I, as a noob to the microphone industry, am unknowledgable on the fact of where this imput/output thing is. Secondly I better understand Lamins terms  biggrin_o.gif so if someone could spell it out for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Oh, and come to my knowledge, the Microphone is NOT muted. When I go into advanced in control panel (I have Windows XP).

I have 2 boxes selected, now if I UNCHECK the top box (Mic2 Select) the LOUD and Annoying, screeching noise comes on, then after deselecting the first box to stop that horrific noise, I deselect mic boost, nothing happens and my mic dont work.

Then I tried desselecting BOTH of the boxes, the noise went away, just no microphone is working.

So I can have ether the top box checked or botem box checked, just not both.

The Noise cannot be feedback, the microphone dosnt even have the beplugged in to have that noise.

Any LAMINS term idea's lads?

I have 2 boxes selected, now if I UNCHECK the top box (Mic2 Select) the LOUD and Annoying, screeching noise comes on, then after deselecting the first box to stop that horrific noise, I deselect mic boost, nothing happens and my mic dont work.

Then I tried desselecting BOTH of the boxes, the noise went away, just no microphone is working.

So I can have ether the top box checked or botem box checked, just not both.

The Noise cannot be feedback, the microphone dosnt even have the beplugged in to have that noise.

I've had this happen before.

First, what sound card do you have? Is it onboard or a separate card? Do you have updated drivers for it. If you've got both an onboard and separate card, did you uninstall the drivers for the onboard one?

Also it's not clear what all the boxes are that you can check. Can you show us a screen print or list them?

Make sure that all the connectors plugged into your sound card are pushed all the way it -- if your microphone connector is plugged in only partially, it could cause problems.

I dont know how about getting Screenshots other than uploading each one via Image host provider.

And about the Sound Card, I just bought somthing recently that changed the Default Sound Device to the thing I just bought.

(Probably already confused eh?)

I had a problem with my actual Physical Sound card, the ports were stripped so I could not plug my Mic/Headphones into the sound card without taping them. So I bought this

USB Audio Converter That plugged into my USB device that allowed me to plug my Headphones and Microphone into a(n) adaptor to a USB plug.

I know what your thinking, "AHA! I know what this dude did wrong now" but This problem had occured before I even had sound card problems.

So the Screen is like this:

In your Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Multimedia> Audio Tab

Window, the Default device is the "Telex Digital Audio Converter" but I cannot change the Microphone Properties with the adapter, so I changed the Default Device to my Sound card "Advance AC97 Audio".

Went into "Volume" And looked at my microphone. Mute on mic is off at this moment. Under the Advanced tab in the Microphone area Mic2 Select is the only selected box.

I can click Mic Boost without any difference in sound.

If that can get me any farther, I will do this in steps, were if you were to ask me a question I will give you an answer instead of me trying to explain a billion things