Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Lsr delta force teaser

This addon is a teaser of LSR Delta Force pack which is currently being made. The main purpose of this teaser addon is to gather as much feedback as possible, all issues considered.

The teaser includes two models: a simple Operator (MICH helmet) and a Silenced weapons operator (Protec plastic helmet, animated goggles). Both wear NATO woodland camo.

A SPECIAL NOTE

The NATO woodland camo pattern is loosely based on that from Hyakushiki's Modern Infantry pack. Colors have been picked to match HYK color pattern, and my pattern is very heavily influenced by HYK one. I've sent a number of e'mails to this guy asking for permission to use his camo pattern as base, but he seems REALLY hard to reach. Either way, all the appropriate credits have been given herein.

las_delta1.jpg

las_delta2.jpg

You can donwload it here.

another "must have" smile_o.gif

Indeed, they look very very nice. smile_o.gif

well, i didnt see anything weird with their glasses in the vehicles. BTW where all the weapons that were on the picture above?

well, i didnt see anything weird with their glasses in the vehicles. BTW where all the weapons that were on the picture above?

They are probably from INQ Weapon pack. Peaple, this is only beta smile_o.gif

Cool! Awesome! Sweet! Tight!

I couldn't find any suit word...

It's AMAZING looking! wow_o.gif

I just hope when these guys are done they are as widely used as the BAS deltas. It was only a matter of time before someone surpassed BAS, impossible as it seemed (my jaw dropped when I saw these). Keep up the good work guys.

These units look excellent. The models seem to be slightly adapted from the VDV 2.0 Recce troops, but still pretty good. I suggest you fix their crotches and the "hood" behind their helmets. The weapons do look good - are these your own or weapons from another pack? If so, which pack?

I also hope that you create more variations of these units, for instance, machinegunner, grenadier, etc, with slightly modified models for each variation.

Overall, it looks fantastic. I've been waiting for an alternative to BAS deltas for quite some time - and these are definately them. Excellent work.

best addons i saw in a while ...i think but these are pretty damn good ones cant wait for these to come out goood job biggrin_o.gif

Could ypu change goggles animation class name to goggles and make sure they are up when animationPhase is 0 and down when animationPhase == 1?

This way they would be compatibile with BAS' chopeer dust.

Apart from that, top quality.

smile_o.gif

Do not hesitate to check real-life onloine military gear catalogs to get a few ideas and some material to texture and rto model from, it's a bit boring to see the same holster/pouches models and layouts on a dozen of soldiers. (not saying that for this addon particularly, i haven't tried it actually since i don't have OFP installed at the moment)

Awright, guys, thanks for the comments. The primary thing i'd like to check is actually the crotch area... since i tried to make this as realistic as possible. I tried to make 'em look like the vest is tucked into pants, and didn't find a better way (yet) to accomplish this.

The unit variations are in order, definitely. I'm not sure how many variations will there be, but there will sure be guys with helmet-mounted M983 NVG (found a good pic for texture). Most gear textures are made from photos and so they are pretty authentic IMO.

The weaps are from Inquisitor's High Res Weaps pack. I'm no good with weapons modelling (least someone would choose to help me with converting GlobalOps models into OFP smile_o.gif ).

And last but not least... I said in the readme that ALL variables in this teaser pack are subject to change, including animation classes, armor values etc. It's a public beta after all.

I kind of fell in love with these when I downloaded them (very RAINBOW 6 LOL).

The weapons are not much of an issue as you can always provide them with appropriate gear at the start of a mission.

There are so many high quality addons coming out that I get a bit spoilt for choice in what unit etc to use LOL.

PH

My GOD!!! those look great.. you might as well call them the BAS-killers you wouldn't wanna do some SEALs and PJs for the community when you get done with these would ya biggrin_o.gif

actually after a quick comparsion..they are WAY too dark to be used with hyk infantry...they need to be much lighter...but this is just a beta hopefully you'll be able to get in touch with the maker of that mod so you can use their textures fully

I don't know if it was mentioned before but it is Delta we are talking about here.

I think they have a big amount of freedom in choosing camo for themselves. They are the very elite of armed forces with certain previliges like camo, weaponry. I think they customize everything.

There should be more suited to environment rather that other military formations like regular army.

http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/MSTN/DeltaSwords.jpg

checkout that photo.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but it is Delta we are talking about here.

I think they have a big amount of freedom in choosing camo for themselves. They are the very elite of armed forces with certain previliges like camo, weaponry. I think they customize everything.

There should be more suited to environment rather that other military formations like regular army.

http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/MSTN/DeltaSwords.jpg

checkout that photo.

well, for one..there's no proof those guys are Delta, they could be or they could be private contractors(more likely) or Dev-Gru or some other unit..just because some guy on a site says their Delta doesn't mean they are and american woodland camo is american woodland camo there AREN'T different types of camo just variations as in make and what not..if the addon maker wants to make these compatiable with Hyks addon they need use the SAME texture format they was used for them..period..