Sign in to follow this  
dinger

Coc ua 1.1 progress

Hi folks, just a note to keep you up to date with our work on CoC_UA 1.1. I'll plop screenshots in this thread from time to time.

Before you ask, it is CoC's policy not to announce release dates. And it's my policy not to discuss or to announce features that aren't already there.

(* - new to 1.1)

I. Fire Modes

*Direct Fire mode allows for accurate fire of HE rounds on low trajectories.

Indirect Fire enables long-range shell travel;accuracy is obtained via an Adaptive Neural Network targeting routine.

II. Units in the zip:

SEB M252 81mm Mortar

BAS M101 105mm Howitzer

DKMM M109A6 155mm SP gun

PUKF M270 MLRS

*DKMM M46

*SFP CV90/AMOS

*WGL 82mm Mortar (East)

*WGL 81mm Mortar (West)

III. Shell Types supported:

HE

*WP

*APICM

*DPICM

*SMOKE

*ILLUM (to real parameters, not OFP flares)

*FASCAM (RAAMS)

*Copperhead (Laser-Guided)

*Strix (IR-homing)

*SADARM (Sensor-Fuzed)

IV. Fuzes supported

QUICK (Point-Detonating)

*VT (Proximity)

*TIME

*sensor-guidance

...and if anyone insists on FUZE DELAY, I suppose I could whip that up too.

V. Observer Features:

A. Mission Types

In Effect

In Adjust

B. Target Location

Multiple Aimpoints

Map Click

Laser Plots

C. Volume of Fire (Rounds in Effect)

D. Distributions

BCS

Open

Converged

Parallel

"Ranged"

E. Trajectories

Low Angle

High Angle

*MRSI (Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact)

F. Methods of Control

Fire When Ready

At My Command

*Time on Target

*G. Mission Priorities

High

Normal

Opportunity

Plan

*H. Additional Features

*Target Registration/On call targets

*VI. Forward Entry Device (FED) Dialog

3-D Model by Delta[sTO]

Multiple missions can be stacked up on the same asset by several observers.

High-speed mission entry allows for rapid development of fire missions.

Missions can be given text descriptions visible to all observers

Uses CoC_NS (automatically inits)

All kinds of other cool things.

*VII. Effects: I'm working with the WGL team to develop some realistic and low-impact artillery effects.

First picture: SFP's AMOS system has just completed a 10-round STRIX mission on an enemy armored convoy.

strix4sm.jpg

anyway, if there's anything you'd like to see, or would like us to consider, please post here or something.

A NOTE ON UNIT REQUESTS: At CoC we don't have an extensive modelling department compared to other teams (such as BAS, WGL, DKM etc.). Yes, I really want more cool units, especially Soviet/Russian SP artillery and MLRS. We dont' make our own units, so if there's a unit you'd really like to see use UA, contact the modelmaker and have that person get in contact with me (hit the PM by my name here). We actively support UA integration into existing models. If you have a model, we can make it work.

Have you thought about taking a bulk standard M60 and T55/T72 and convert that into an artillery platform? I remember reading somewhere that this was a favourite tactic, esp. in Iraq and ex-Yugoslavia?

Everything looks great! Only one request: Assuming it's possible right now, ( I can't get it to work... ) easier explanation, or instructions in how to get the AI to use UA.

If the AI isn't using it now, It'd be nice if they could. That's all.

It's cool that you are going to update this pack.

But i think that one mortar and one  M46 gun for east it's just too litle  crazy_o.gif  You could add HWK_2s19 MSTA-S and GRAD-21 from NO Zils pack. Did you  thought about it  rock.gif

It would be great seeing those in the updated COC_UA.

It can be used in MP. (PS your signature is a bit long here)

We always cooperate with anyone who wishes to plug their model into UA. We are not specifically in the habit of making models for UA, at least not yet. However take it from me, the new ammunition and firing modes/fuzing are much more effective than a run of the mill HE or WP mission. smile_o.gif

Lost brothers are goin to get in touch you CoC when we move into making FA peices

you could ask RHS for some russian models...

arty1.jpg

arty3.jpg

arty4.jpg

arty6.jpg

arty7.jpg

arty9.jpg

arty10.jpg

Its based on the mtlb chassis, but the addon here is made from scratch, we only use a few mtlb textures with permission

Btw, these screens are pretty old, atm this baby is put on ice till other stuff is done

Its based on the mtlb chassis, but the addon here is made from scratch, we only use a few mtlb textures with permission

Btw, these screens are pretty old, atm this baby is put on ice till other stuff is done

yeah, i thought it looked as it was biggrin_o.gif

the tracks and drive wheels (correct?) are the same as MT-LB smile_o.gif

You could add HWK_2s19 MSTA-S

I definetely second that. It looks a little silly when the Russians use the M109 for self-propelled artillery. tounge_o.gif

This is good news. The other night I couldn't help but wonder about UA 1.1 while I was desperately wishing for illum rounds. I'm glad to hear that it's underway.

as soon as I get the models of my L118/M119 and D30 done I'll give you guys a call.

It sucks that you guys allways do this befor I go away for months at a time.

Strix...very nice weapon system. wink_o.gif

A Russian MRLS (truck-mounted) would be nice to see.

Will be nice to see this update.

will WGL Team make both Shell FX and all that?, cause that would help alot for the WG missions i make smile_o.gif, cause WG mod has removed the original blasts, looks wierd when shells hit ground and no dirt at all except a crater :\

@Raedor

I really like those pics, very nice indeed. One of the parts I like most, that isn't seen often at all, are the static objects placed around the units. Not sure how it would work using those with mobile arty units, but I'd love to see something like that made for the stationary units. I'll have to talk with a few people, see how they can be used in a realistic manner, maybe through script deployment or something. But either way, those pics look nice.

Strix...very nice weapon system. wink_o.gif

A Russian MRLS (truck-mounted) would be nice to see.

okey, a bit off-topic.. finland use strix too?

I'd have to look into it, or better if someone more familiar with that region could. The STRIX is fired from a 120mm mortar, and mostly Swedish and Swiss units have them, but so do others. Just not sure what mortars the Finnish military uses.

i guess they are since AMOS is a joint swedish/finnish projekt...

so i would be surpriced if they hasn´t bought STRIX ammunition to it....

*edit*

AMOS system

added a link that shows a finish AMV with AMOS turret

OMFG! That things looks nothing like what I saw before, it looks like one of those cheap toys you see at Wal-Mart! tounge_o.gif

Nothing personal against the groups who built it, but I'm hoping for their sake it's just a test bed and not near a concept vehicle. rock.gif

It just...looks....fake.

Well, it probably looks like that for a reason, which is not to attract girls or to win beauty contests. : )

Actually, considering the destructive capabilities of this weapon system, I find it surprisingly pleasing to look at. Elegant, simple, clean, and yet still effective and sturdy.