Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

In the readme X says to make a seperate mod folder for the campaign with ONLY the needed addons, if you have done this then maybe its due to the missions overloading your comp at some points? What spec is your PC? It happened to me at one point in 1 of the later missions.

sim

Hello,

it's me the maker of the campaign. I suggest you try what 23-down and sim are talking about. Make sure you start a blank ofp with only a mod folder containing the needed addons for the campaign. And make sure that your standard addons folder and your standard resistance addon folder do not have any of the addons needed in them. They must be in a seperate mod folder.

Further more, make sure you have the right Meekong island version as not so long ago [HC]Para made a remake of that island and you need the exact version or it might crash as well i think.

Try those options and if you still crash, please tell us.

Greetings,

Warrior X™  smile_o.gif

Hamis' troublshooting thread merged into here, when a mission/addon has its own thread that thread should be used for all issues relating to it.

None of the download links are working.

Where can we find that mission?

Cheers

Can somebody translate from spoken english to written english the coords for downed pilot in Angel Down, due to the highly encrypted "north english" accent used by HQ informing about "the delivery's" probable position?

Sth like "north west tree line" or what, gee is this in german?

rofl.gif

Can somebody translate from spoken english to written english the coords for downed pilot in Angel Down,

Okay when you get that message do and i do mean DO look towards the NW and you will see a parachute with the pilot dropping down to earth(well if the weather is clear enough and he didn't drift of to far to the NW lol). ANd hey your job is to go and get him. Due to the fact he is getting hunted by Charlie as well he ain't gonna wait with a hot cup of coffee and a cookie untill you find him. He is going to move away from his landing spot. Your job to find him. And he is somewhere in that forest.

End of story. Search and bring him back home.

And oh here's a pic of that mission i found on page 3, you can see the chute to the NW wink_o.gif :

click for chute-isfaction!

The JRR stuff.

On this page.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb....objects

I played this campaign. It's very fragmented and the story doesn't seem to flow. Also you don't really feel a part of something. Just you against the world. Voice acting was hit and miss but it's definatley playable.

I love your reviews The-Architect. My most favorite is about mission Seals in Nam Episode 4 on OFPNAM website. You did not encounter enemy (only 3 guys). Then maybe you should check readme and find that this mission was random? Every time you play it it is different. Sometimes it is mayhem, sometimes walk in a park. But why you should bother. Better to say - don't download, i don't care to check it out carefully, I am a big center of universe... Eh... :/

P.S. WarriorX, sorry for OT. I really like your campaign, and going to check its 2nd ver.

Thanks Warrior and sorry for noobish, looks like I was busy looking at those Phantoms roaring overhead they got me totally overwhealmed with :P (I always get this with airships dunno why smile_o.gif )

I must have missed the lone chute falling somewhere NW and relied too much over the spoken and unclear radio coords, that's what got me pwn3d biggrin_o.gif

Anyways it has been some enjoyable hours in the jungle crossing the designated area in every possible direction.

That makes me a perfect trip-guide. Anybody for a stroll in the green? :P

Algrab, we have to spent some time in Vietnam jungle together wink_o.gif :P Hehe. Do anyone knows some nice Vietnam coop server?

Algrab, we have to spent some time in Vietnam jungle together wink_o.gif

It wouldnt do much help. I think we would skip the objective and head for some bushes with a medic and his ethanol for our wounds :P

That way we should miss the pilot guy. Last time I felt like a really blessed since I managed to get to the red smoke poped up by the pilot (not by the VC I guess :P ), but he's a real hard to find pR0.

Only the stupid VC run across the green like ass burning, the pilot is I guess under one of the 400,000 bushes around you, and doesnt respond eaven to a ww2 style clacker. Ohh-noo!! He cant be fooled that easely!...

I belive you have to say 'Chuck Norris' 3 times in a row to have him appear, but I'm always to scared to try this in such a dense jungle.

Sorry man. I should add some more I guess.

I enjoyed playing the missions all the way through. I liked the use of addons and the diversity. There was a nice mix of mission types and the fact that the campaign was more than just a couple of missions was pleasing. I would be happy to suggest that all you nam fans go and play it. It is worth it. Only one other campaign is on this par and that one doesn't have any voice acting. Thumbs up here.

If you want I could write a full un-official ofpec style review, mission by mission.

If you want I could write a full un-official ofpec style review, mission by mission.

Well that would be nice, but only if you have the time next to your projects. I don't wanna overload you ya now wink_o.gif

I was always thinking what peeps thought of the missions, my campaign was put up for inspection by the OFPEC team at some point in time but we all know what happened to the site.

I have been using OFP since day 1.This vietnam "experience" is another facit to ofp i have only just discovered inlove.gif I am enjoying this campaign,thank's! On the downside it look's like i am never going to give up this fantastic game crazy_o.gif Every day after nearly five years their is always something new to discover! EDIT= just played it with ecp,how can it get any better?

Truely no need for them the OFPEC to judge the campain, as we all know it is 9 of 10 mainly due to some "north english".

Oh btw. that pilot stays a mistery for me still :P

yeh a nam campaign would be awesome..... get some nice effects in there..... good cutscenes/intros.... and your set...

Oh btw. that pilot stays a mistery for me still :P

For the love of god...

When the pilot needs pickup head N into the forest to about the highest hill, watch the red smoke, make your way to the center of the dance floor,  grab the pilot by the hand, hop/skip/dance your way back to the boat SE along the shore, jump in, float/drive/bounce away to the E along the shore line. Your home free and ready to take a nap. The end.  mad_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

i don't care if i gave away every detail for this one mission i wan't you to find that pilot! I'll even give the guy a yellow or red fluor jacket and give him two light sticks to wave with in the jungle if need to. banghead.gifwink_o.gif

How long one has to wait in jungle in OP with two other guys? I left computer for some long time, and nothing happened wink_o.gif I rememeber from previous version that night should come and shooting would start. At the end I cheated and moved to the other mission.

And then in mission with villager, when we came to the base, mission wasn't finished sad_o.gif Maybe because I did not come back streight, but I made some circle (and there was not opfor)...

How long one has to wait in jungle in OP with two other guys?

...hmm....strange it should just work as before i never changed that one.....must be a weird bug that i never encountered.

And then in mission with villager, when we came to the base, mission wasn't finished sad_o.gif Maybe because I did not come back streight, but I made some circle (and there was not opfor)...

Yeah i think it's due to the circle you made. The opfor is there, i quess you just didn't run into them as you missed all the patrols  wink_o.gif  And the mission ends when you walk through the main base gate with the villager. Any other opening to the base will not have the mission finish, only the main gate that is marked on the map with a arrow if i remember correct....it was over a year ago that i made that campaign so correct me if i am wrong on this.

Ok pilot was found and delivered but I made it using a little cheat whistle.gif Which was starting the mission over and running at once like hell around the lake (maybe I don't know a shortcut? lake crossing?) to already known position of a gliding chute. Even so I was late a bit and found the pilot crashing at him as he was running to pop a flare up. Dunno if he should have stayed there in a close vicinity to the smoke, well he continued to run in the green where I catched him (joined to group)

Previously, when I continued from a autosave (radio coords) positioned where I started the mission - I was unable to make it on time. Despite I knew the location, saw the chute, got at the site without stopping. Once I even managed to see the smoke but the pilot was nowhere around. Went swimming and drowned maybe wink_o.gif

Ok but I liked the mission and like the campaingn so far smile_o.gif

It kicks ass, well it does tounge2.gif

Now I'am a mission or two ahead and feeling like reverting to this Angel Down just to do it 'by the book'

And for fun.

And just for the hell of it tounge2.gif