Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

sorry, edgefiles mirrors fail to load, anyone has got a mirror?

Finaly had the time to finish this. An excellent campaign Warrior! The best ever made for OFP 'Nam. I really hope to see some more missions from you in the near future. smile_o.gif I will most likely play this agan, it was very enjoyable. People, play this and make some 'Nam missions/campaigns for OFP, m'kay? tounge2.gif

Btw,

Liked the "voice acting" part in the outro. Nice. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you biggrin_o.gif

You will see more missions from me in the near future, just hang in there. I'm still in the jungle in some hut it's now just a new hut and a different jungle wink_o.gif

Hmm, somehow I forgot to mention this, but:

I got a CTD after the outro, saying error in campaign structure.

crazy_o.gif

The final outro?

If it was I didn't get this error

huh.gif

hmm now that you mention it i did have that same CTD once. But as it never happened after that and i could not find anything related to it in the campaign file i thought it was some temporary error and i just let it be. Strange...

Well actually who cares about the error right at the end of the campaign right? You have seen the important part and played it right? LOL

Yeah it's a mystery. You are the second guy next to me to report that error Hawkins, no idea what to do about it. Thanx for mentioning it though  wink_o.gif

Hey People,

I just wanted to ask all the people who played my campaign to go and judge over it. I submitted my campaign on OFPEC for review. So you now have the chance to rate my campaign and to leave a comment or two. This is as close as i can get to knowing how much you players liked or disliked my campaign. I would really like it if you took your time to tell me what you think of it. Thanx in advance. thumbs-up.gif

The link to it is:

Last months in Vietnam Review page (clicky)

Greetings,

Warrior Xâ„¢ [Zeus]

)rStrangelove @ Oct. 10 2005,15:56)]Uhm - tbh i lost interest after i was sole survivor in the 1st mission and found i couldn't end the mission. Sorry tounge2.gif

...fair enough...  goodnight.gif

)rStrangelove @ Oct. 10 2005,15:56)]Uhm - tbh i lost interest after i was sole survivor in the 1st mission and found i couldn't end the mission. Sorry tounge2.gif

uuh, could it be youre not the greatest team player on earth?! tounge2.gif

you have binocs, try spotting the enemy for youre team

this campain is not easy but great.

ok, I have to admit I did an ammo script as sebNam dispersion settings are something on it's own

quiet_man

It's alright. I know he's secretely thinking in the back of his mind what he is missing by not playing it.

Awww common give the little tinsy winsy campaign a second try ])rStrangelove biggrin_o.gif

I would, but i'd need to replace all those HD mags with normal ones. I can normally shoot soldiers at 400m in Opf, but with these HD mags it's all pretty random. Just point in general direction, spray & pray. Aiming is useless, sneaking is pointless, hiding is not an option - not my kind of gameplay really. Sorry. tounge2.gif

I thought I'd post an update concerning the HawkNam mirror.

Since the site has moved to a new address, the links need to be changed. The new address is:

http://www.hawknam.net

or

http://hawknam.net

Both should work just fine. You can get the campaign and the addons from the following links:

Campaign - http://hawknam.net/The_last_months%20in_Vietnam_V2.zip

JJR 'Nam objects - http://hawknam.net/jjr_vietnam_objects.rar

Also, the other addons are all available at the site too, but I'll leave it up to WarriorX to decide if he wants to link them. biggrin_o.gif

Heya Hawkins,

Thanks a lot for the update. I see the site is working fine again  smile_o.gif I even found the hotlink image again on the new site.

@ all players

The links have been updated in the first post of this thread. And all links are working again. Have fun and enjoy the campaign if you haven't played it yet  biggrin_o.gif

ok, I'm through with it yay.gif

Basicly it is a good campain, but a bit long. This is because some Intros are just to good. I had to start the mission over and over just to watch the cool intro and of course, skipping the mission after such a cool Intro is no option. Makes for long gameplay whistle.gif

Overall: With 20 to 30 professional actors, some mission builders and programmers, a few millions dollars and one or two years time, I could easily do something similar xmas_o.gif

Summary: notworthy.gif & inlove.gif

quiet_man

Well what else could you expect from a member of the greatest OFP community on the planet tounge2.gif

Overall: With 20 to 30 professional actors, some mission builders and programmers, a few millions dollars and one or two years time, I could easily do something similar xmas_o.gif

Summary:  notworthy.gif &  inlove.gif

quiet_man

Lol! Man you can easily do it by yourself in 1 year. That's how i did it  tounge2.gif  Glad you liked the campaign that much m8.

Soon you will see more of my work in action  wink_o.gif

Well what else could you expect from a member of the greatest OFP community on the planet  tounge2.gif

Right on old chap, right on!  rofl.gif ZEUS ZEUS ZEUS  yay.gif

Hey Wax I thought I could hone my skills with your campaign before I get back to the lunatics theme park Zeus!

Can't find Meekong Island anywhere though, are there any mirrors I might have overlooked skimming through the gazillion pages?

Best regards and big grats for your achievement smile_o.gif

El Presidente wink_o.gif

My God! Shrike! *salutes and bows to El Presidente* Sigar sir??!  notworthy.gif

Well let's see Meekong Island links:

1) Link at OFPNAM

2) Link at HAWKNAM

3) Link at OFPINFO

Is that enough sir?! Will this please you?  crazy_o.gif

*moves backwards out of the room while he bows constantly*

Salami  notworthy.gif  Salami  notworthy.gif  Baloni  notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]My God! Shrike! *salutes and bows to El Presidente* Sigar sir??!

Yeah X , I saw his post too but was afraid to say anything.

I was thinking he's maybe a doubleganger (like the sadams ones) but if not : HE's ALIVE !!!!!!!!!

Welcome back from the world of elves and fairies and other WOW creatures to the one from burning tanks and the smell of cordite !

Hi.What could be wrong with this campaign?I have all needed addons and i am using sebnam mod folder.Every time i try to start campaign,crash to desktop without error messages! banghead.gif

hi.

sounds to me like an addon conflict between 2 addons or an conflict with one and the same addon....

look in your addonfolder that u don't have the same addon in a modfolder and maybe in res addonfolder...

In this case ofp crashs.... 2 pbos with the same name are deadly for ofp.

is that not the case, try to reinstall all addons, or pack the addys in a new modfolder.... keep your res addonfolder empty there should be only the BI addons inside.