Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

lol, wildo.

Are you a 'Nam vet or something burroughs? smile_o.gif

sim

Quote[/b] ]Nope.Nothing of such things, pal.You have to offence them in their collective imagination hard, then you are going to see your update amazingly soon.Try it out; it works.Greetings, placebo.It's this dirty, old bastard, burroughs himself.Cheer up a little.

All the best to Warrior X.I keep up waiting impatiently for my last days in Nam.

Bill Lee,First LRRP TL.,Company H(Ranger), 75th Infantry

What are you on rock.gif I want some biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Personally I'm glad that you're working hard and not rushing to release it. means that once its done we'll get the full 'nam experience and not a half baked one. your work looks great so far, looking forward to the release wink_o.gif

Kool, looks very good smile_o.gif

Just wondering what island that is?

sim

Just wondering what island that is?

sim

That would be Meekong Delta by Para from Hell's Circus. Also in the last two pics i used Namsky by The Unsung Mod and Dxdll by Kegetys to make the Nam experience a bit more like Nam. I strongly suggest using these two things in combination with my campaign when it is finished. They really add to that special feeling. By all means do not use ECP as that ruins some cutscene's. Dunno why btw.

Oh ok, kool. I have all of those and yeah the nam sky is bloody excellent.

I was just wondering what island it was because from those screens it looks like the Unsungs Icorp island...

Anyway, more pics, pretty please: tounge_o.gif

sim

Latest news from the NAM:

Welcome soldiers, today you take part in Operation Snake Surgeon:

The airlift to target.

Landing at the LZ.

Spread out as the chopper takes off.

Make your way to the jungle.

The opposing forces in the jungle.

They are dug in and ready for the fight.

Calling in air support as it's getting to hot.

Napalm hits the enemy positions.

Casualties of war.

These pics are from a mission, however the special forces group was in chopper number 2 and they didn't move much for posing  tounge_o.gif  So the ordinary bunch from chopper 1, 3, 4 (that's right this is a platoon strength assault) had to do the trick  crazy_o.gif   blues.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Finally more amazing pics!!! Keep em coming please...

sim

Updates are:

Me very busy pulling night shifts for work (new job).

Had no time this week to work on the campaign.

Update on campaign  biggrin_o.gif :

Currently i am looking back at the missions made so far and correcting stuff i feel are still not to my satisfaction. Also some missions have gone into beta testing. Further more i am basically setting out the outlines towards the ending of the campaign. This means me daydreaming the entire time about how to end it and how many missions further down the road the ending will be.

So there you go. Those are the updates on the campaign. Sorry no pics in this post as there are no new missions yet made. And if i post pics of old missions i would spoil the fun when it comes out.

unclesam.gif  NVA all the way! LMAO

kool...

Just as long as it isn't dead wink_o.gif

Vietnam grunts wanted for beta testing of campaign missions!!!

Yes i am in serious need of beta testers for my Vietnam campaign missions. I need people who are willing and have the time to spend testing them. These people also need to give good feedback, so that i can change things if needed and make these missions into perfection as much as i can. The testers i have at the moment are not enough. I need more!

Requirements:

1 ) Have a email account that can hold at least 3mb per mail;

2 ) Download all the addons needed for the campaign listed in the first post in this thread;

3 ) Report your volunteer work here or give me a private message;

4 ) Wait for the first mission(s) to drop in your mail account.

p.s. This is serious folks! I need testers!

<span style='color:green'>Now get your green kit and join the special forces in Vietnam NOW!</span> unclesam.gif

Count me in mate, I meet all of your requirements smile_o.gif

10mb Yahoo

I also use MSN bravo_two_zero9@hotmail.com

I have done several BETA tests for missions before for Sengir from ww2ec.

I have all of the addons needed for your campaign.

I would love to help biggrin_o.gif

sim

Your hired for the job SIM! smile_o.gif

Don't be shy people i still would like one more guy for the NVA/VC to use as target practice. Enlist in the army now people and come beta test. biggrin_o.gif

Hey

Been busy testing and you've made quite a fun few missions, a few bugs but nothing to hard to sort, I'll give you more info when you come online again.

smile_o.gif

sim

Glad to hear that smile_o.gif If it's only a few bugs then no problem there.

If you liked those missions on Ilo Ilo, wait till you get those from Meekong Delta. They are more difficult, have enemies that are harder to kill, and the missions are more dangerous. Also they are more varied then the ones on Ilo Ilo. You let me know buddy when your ready for some ruff in the jungle bizz.  wink_o.gif

p.s. thursday is my day off work i'll talk to you then sim.

Hey Warrior, I would love to test. Always on the lookout for Vietnam era missions and have the 250Mb hotmail account now. Mail to lonelyboy54@hotmail.com

PS You can all laugh at the address (really you can). Made it when I was 15 but couldn't be bothered to change.

PPS That was 6 years ago!!

Hi Platformking,

I am sorry m8, but the last testing spot has been filled.  sad_o.gif   I now have 4 testers. I didn't have time to close the recruitement for it. I thank you for your support and hope you will play the campaign when it's finished.

@ The rest of the OFP freaks:

Yes Beta testing recruitment is now done. No more testers needed i got my gang. They are getting shot up by Charlie at the moment. Thank you, and hang around y'all there might be more news coming in.  wink_o.gif

"...Charlie had claymores hung up in the trees, blew a whole fuck!ng platoon to pieces. Bad shit..."

wink_o.gif

This seems to be developing into a great campaign Warrior X! Do you have an estimate of the final filesize of the campaign? A weird question to ask, yes, but I want to know how much filespace I need to clear from my website so I can host it. smile_o.gif

Someone's been watching Platoon tounge_o.gif

Well Hawkins current status is at around 25mb crazy_o.gif

And that's with around 18 missions, and i still got a couple to go till the end. So give or take a couple of mb. I figure it will be somewhere between 30-35mb big.

Yes it's a chunky one. But hey that hippy music is very deep and heavy man biggrin_o.gif