Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

Quote[/b] ]Just tell me will you play? Or am i making it for myself...

count me in blues.gif

Little quote by WarriorX from the Zeus forums...

Quote[/b] ]No other addons will be added, no matter how beautifull they look

Your lucky I've already downloaded it tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Little quote by WarriorX from the Zeus forums...

Quote[/b] ]  

No other addons will be added, no matter how beautifull they look

BUGGER!  mad_o.gif

LMAO i couldn't resist i am sooo sorry. But it looks so good and fits in there so damn well  tounge_o.gif

A little anouncement:

I am going on a holiday, so the work on the Vietnam campaign will be on hold for the upcoming 3-4 weeks.

And when i am back from R&R, i will return to my work in the jungle once again.

Your leaving us....I demand you get back in that chair and finish the campaign, then you can go on vacation tounge_o.gif. Have a good R&R wink_o.gif

hey

Any updates on this campaign or are you still being lazy on holiday tounge_o.gif

sim

Quote[/b] ]He's been back a few days wink_o.gif

Well maybe he'll begin to start editing again... smile_o.gif

I hope...

sim

Quote[/b] ]I am slowly going to pick up my work on the campaign, as i got some other stuff to do, and i also have to get me a new internet connection, as now i am typing from my dad's PC. And it is highly forbidden for me to use OFP on this machine. DARN!

Stay tuned gents, i will be needing testers and advice again in the near future.

oh and HELL YEAH! This campaign is still on the go, it's just on a slow burning fire at the moment. Stay tuned for news from the 'NAM.

wink_o.gif

Alrighty then!

First of all: Yes the campaign is still on! I had no working internet connection anymore on my pc where i have ofp installed. Also as you all were aware i was on a holiday also. BUT! Here i am giving you a few new pics (sorry because they are not that good), stored on a little disk and transfered by a other pc directly to your living room (or wherever your pc is, maybe on the toilet?).

I would like to thank all the guys that showed interest in this campaign while i was gone, also i would like to thank Munk for giving people in this thread some news about my current status. Now let's skip all the jada jada and show some pics  tounge_o.gif

Your about to get dropped on a lone soldier mission. This is just before you jump of the chopper.

<span style='color:green'>This is why you have those combat boots soldier! For bloody walking! Even if that means through water! Now MARCH!</span>

A little preview of the combat area in this lonesome soldier mission.

It ain't all grass your stepping on. Mines are a common sight in Vietnam.

A pic of a chopper insertion on top of a hill. Your stepping in the middle of the jungle. No LZ here.

As you can see i am still working on the campaign. Although it is going slow at the moment with RL hanging around. But we will make it to the end one day.

p.s. Sorry for the bad pictures. Next time i'll have better ones. Going back to my jungle hut away from the world of internet to do some work again.  blues.gif

Alright, Mr Warrior X, do not get me wrong, but it seems that I have finally run out of patience.I've been chasing the news on your forthcoming campaign since I had found the first news from you about the project and it's still not available.How do you think, what the hell is Charlie doing out there in the jungle when you still keep me, persistently & stubbornly, out of any goddamn action?!Well, I can assure you that one thing is goddamn obvious: certainly they don't waste their time and I'll bet that even right now the Cho Chi Minh trail is alive with gooks.You better knuckle down to work on the spot and get me this campaign ready at last or I'll introduce you to my CAR 15.

Your sincerely,

Bill Lee, sgt 1st class, 3rd tour in Nam, the junior adviser to 2nd VNMC batallion

what about helping the guy out with scripts, cutscenes, time-consuming unit placement, ... instead of threatening him with a gun like that? rock.gif

Yeah, right, I feel moved with your care.You must be one of this goddamn clever, pacifist student-like brainheads who stab our backs back there in the States while we get watsed, being pretty busy here, in Nam.I don't do scripting or deal with the cutscenes; I only take care of my business which is war, stopping the red disease here in Indochina so you could have your freedom of speech to tell me off like that.Don't even start with my toys; it's the truth old as hell - the army should be kept busy all the time or you are going to have a nice uprising soon.

Nothing personal; check out OFPNAM and then you'll see what is my contribition to the OFP wellbeing.

Best regards

Bill Lee, sgt 1st class, 3rd tour in Nam, the junior adviser to 2nd VNMC battalion

Burroughs seeing as you're new here I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, however you need to check that bad attitude at the door on your next visit, and then I would strongly suggest reading the forum rules. Attitudes and comments like yours are not tolerated on these forums, if you wish to stay around which I hope you do then please learn to speak to people in a more civil manner.

Well, seems like I know my place in line now; must have been badly mistaken thinking that sense of humour is a virtue of an intelligent human being - or I mess around with a bunch of wrong guys.That's why I never turn to chat sites anymore, even though I used to: I am fed up with the sheriffs with that smartass attitude. One thing, placebo, before I disappear; did you, by any chance, happen to spot the humorous deliberation of my posts?... Or you just get well paid for sticking stiff to such irrationally sophisticated moral standards and behaviour code which allow you to condemn my humble person this firmly?

One thing, placebo, before I disappear; did you, by any chance, happen to spot the humorous deliberation of my posts?...

I felt there was perhaps an attempt at humour/satire but it failed, perhaps it would help to use an emoticon or two, or perhaps it's better to "faux flame" when you're more familiar with your surroundings and those surroundings are more familiar with you. Certainly someone who does not have English as a first language may well miss the "humour" subtext to your post.

MKay...

I do get where your coming from burroughs, but if you do not follow rules placebo will have your #$@  tounge_o.gif

Now quickly on to the campaign. I am working hard, mission making is hard, getting every unit to do what you want is hard, to get things working properly in the mission is hard, making cutscenes and intro's is hard! So be patiant as i work on the campaign, as real life outside is hard as well.

Better news:

I have my own connection to the net again, and quess what....i have this connection for the last 20 minutes. Yeah that's right i came here to post that i am back and ready for some action again.

Even better news:

Tomorrow i'll post some screens of the latest work in progress. May i remind you that all pictures in this thread are from actual campaign missions.

Now excuse me if i go to my home ofp server and try to battle some once again

blues.gif

Tomorrow has come, and here are the pics of the latest developements:

Close encounters with enemy forces pic 1.

Close encounters with enemy forces pic 2.

Hot LZ, I repeat hot LZ!

Again, damn it! Move it out of my chopper!

All seems ok down town.

Big brother(s) watching ya.

Damn civy's do never follow rules.

Status on campaign developement: mission 16 done. campaign will be about 20-25 missions big.

Smile  biggrin_o.gif , BIIIG SMILE  tounge_o.gif

Hi!

Im making a nam campaing too, but for that kind of missions i wanna make there is no good island, so i am making another one (the basic problem in il trang and ashau... is the forest visibility->u dont see 10meter infront u). The terrian is taken from Nam 2->il trang valley with mostly BAS vegetation and a little NAM. Textures also from BAS, NAM or too bright if u ask me.

There will be some ruined temples (ruins are basic BIS ruined castle), some rice fields (as in Cashau island), a city and lots of villages.

Oh, this island of mine is having 1 big mistake->forest is like on BAS island->mostly palms (that is very not like in vietnam)-> i cant find better one.

the island will be done in 14days (its mostly done), but it will not be released in public till i make a campaign. but if ur interested i can send it to you if u will need it.

I know somebody who might be interested in using your island but how many bases are there going to be and would you use MapFact Barracken/Military Objects packs to make them?

Great to see you working again Warrior X!! biggrin_o.gif

I really can't wait for this campaign, from those screens it looks brilliant wink_o.gif

Can't wait for more pics and remember if you need a BETA tester, look no further smile_o.gif

keep up the good work

sim

Nope.Nothing of such things, pal.You have to offence them in their collective imagination hard, then you are going to see your update amazingly soon.Try it out; it works.Greetings, placebo.It's this dirty, old bastard, burroughs himself.Cheer up a little.

All the best to Warrior X.I keep up waiting impatiently for my last days in Nam.

Bill Lee,First LRRP TL.,Company H(Ranger), 75th Infantry