Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

Hello peeps,

I am making a Vietnam single player campaign. I was wondering while i am two missions and a intro down the road, are there still any Vietnam likers out there? Do they still want to play with Vietnam stuff?

Well my idea was to give these hard 'Nam vets a campaign to play with, as there hasn't been many campaigns on 'Nam based stuff. I am working hard to create missions that use special forces tasks during mostly early morning or early nights time, to have a nice atmospheric look to the small Ilo Ilo island. Also using music from that era and sounds to add to the 'Nam feeling. I have made a base from where all operations will be made.

Just tell me will you play? Or am i making it for myself...

Any Nam likers out there gimme a shout.

Also if you have any mission idea's for Nam special forces tell me, i probably could use a refreshing idea. Who knows maybe the mission you think of will be in there.  :;):

-----------------------------------------------------------

CAMPAIGN INFO:

The campaign will use the units from SEBNAM 2 and will be done on the small island Ilo Ilo version 2 by Ebud and on Meekong island by Hells Circus's Para and Wolf.

The name of the campaign is this:

lastmonths.jpg

The last months in Vietnam

DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR THE CAMPAIGN:

<s>Mirror 1:

hnminiban.gif

Directly to the file (clicky)</s>

Mirror 2:

ofpnam8833.jpg

Download Version 2 from OFPNAM.com

Mirror 3:

Download Version 2 from Operation Flashpoint Files[/s]

Campaign idea:

Your a normal grunt that is transfered at the beginning of the campaign to a Special Forces base. Here you will spend your last few months in Vietnam doing Special Forces tasks. The mission types will range from your simple recon to blowing up stuff and search and rescue amongst other things. I will also be using music from the 60's and 70's along with some other sounds for the atmosphere. Halfway through the campaign you get a second transfer to the island of Meekong (Meekong Delta). Here the final time of your tour of duty and the heavier missions start. This is war, no time for green stuff. You fight or die big time. Charlie owns this country. The campaign is 22 missions big.

Addons needed:

SebNam Pack 2

Ilo Ilo island final version by Ebud. (Ilo Ilo)

Meekong island first non-alpha release by Hells Circus (Needs Ilo Ilo island to work and sebnam pack2, and those are the above two addons  wink_o.gif  .)

F4E Phantom by Footmunch. (Scroll down)

Editor Update 102

JJR's Vietnam Objects from EdgeFiles site

Additional info for playing the campaign:

This campaign was made with using only the above named addons. I used a seperate mod folder to make the campaign. So i loaded up a clean ofp with only a mod folder containing the addons. If you get crashes at mission 1, 2, 3 during cutscenes, i suggest trying the seperate mod folder thing. It worked for a couple of players who reported this themselfs. Hope this helps.

Some quick pics from the intro:

(pics above 100kb)

First screen that comes up in intro.

View of chopper with you in it landing at your new base.

You reporting at your CO for duty.

Now these pics are not that great and do not completely reflect how it looks and feels with the music behind it. Also yes there is no speech as it is hard as hell to get voice actors.

I'd like to play it!  smile_o.gif

I think it is a good decision to do a campaign about nam, since this topic isn't used very often in OFP Missions.

For inspiration you could look at Vietcong, if you have it.

Some other ideas:

-Seek 'n destroy (VC weapon/food crates)

-Recon

-Defend a hill / Attack an enemy position

-Catch VC Tax collectors

-Rescure a Papa Oscar Whiskey

-Investigate villages/ find Montagnards for the CIDG programm

-Chopper crash -> rescue pilots/ other soldiers

-Chopper crash ->player survived, has to go safe area

-Kill NVA general(s)

-Defend the "home" base

Just a few ideas, i know they aren't the best...

About the music, are you going to include CCR's Fortunate Son? I really like that song. It's sooo cool hearing it when Hueys are flying by.

I will love to play a Vietnam campaign, haven't seen any made from scratch for Resistance sad_o.gif

Some other ideas:

-Seek 'n destroy (VC weapon/food crates)

Also could go the route of removing some villagers then blowing up/burning entire villages too.

I believe one of the quotes about that kind of thing was : "We have to burn this village to save it"

I like the Campaign idea. smile_o.gif Nam is a interisting war that I dont know much about.

Anyway. One of the mission ideas should be a insertion into Cambodia to stop VC weapons and food trails

Music should be 60's-70's music like Jefferson Airplane Marthea and the vandels or the Rolling stones or Jimmy Hindrexs

Sure, I will play!

Please create a nice one.

Cheer up!

Good to hear that there is still 'Nam lovers out there.

I will be using some of your idea's that you pointed out for missions. Also yes 60's and 70's music. I must admit i have heard a couple of songs from Creedence Clearwater Revival but never heard Fortunate Son. (dl it now to see how it sounds) Also Martha, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Marvin Gaye, Santana and Jefferson Airplane are some of the artists that i am considering to use for music.

Now i am going back to make you hardcore 'Nam grunts a campaign. smile_o.gif

Cheers fella's.

The SEB nam pack has been sadly neglected so I'd be delighted to see a new campaign. Best of luck with your work and I look forward to seeing the end results.

The SEB nam pack has been sadly neglected so I'd be delighted to see a new campaign. Best of luck with your work and I look forward to seeing the end results.

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]

WarriorX, take your time. Make it right.

I will. But i want it to be ready as soon as i can so you guys have something to play with again. We needs Nam i noticed that. Wait a minute.... *sips on his morning tea*....what am i doing here now when i should be editing...

Eheh going...going..gone..... wink_o.gif

Just tell me will you play?

Most definitely smile_o.gif

Nice to see some 'Nam campaigns being made. smile_o.gif If you need a host for the final version, PM/e-mail me and I can upload it to my 'Nam site. wink_o.gif

good luck with the campaign, i hope its very immersive and atmospheric.

Ok have in mind the song "Mercy Me" by Marvin Gaye....got it...?

Ok now have a look at two cutscene pictures:

A chopper transporting some troops, in the scene he's under fire and firing back. (couldn't capture the firing)

A Gunship flying over a village he just flattened with his rockets.

Both images are from the cutscene between mission 5 and 6.

Still hard at work, as you see  smile_o.gif

p.s. oh yeah the cutscene is in a bit of a slowmotion, to fit along the music.