Sign in to follow this  
da_ofp_man

Brdm-1 pack

Brdm-1 pack by Spetsnaz Mod is released you can get it HERE!!

The pack contains one demo mission and few variants of the vehicle.

_smf_brdm_3.jpg

_smf_brdm_1.jpg

_smf_brdm_2.jpg

_smf_brdm_4.jpg

EDIT:here you go smile_o.gif

Hoooray! biggrin_o.gif At least we have normal BRDM, one of the most popular vehicles in Russian army. More screens! smile_o.gif

Finaly  tounge_o.gif

Very nice! Thx a lot guys!

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

They are nice but they wont engage soldiers for some reason. rock.gif

Gunner is not moving, when you move gun sad_o.gif

The readme its in Russian, I wish I knew it uses RHS crew sad_o.gif

@CERO

Just a little note were proud to tell u that in a short while Speznaz MOD will become part of Red Hammer Studios so we can work together for the same cause. Russian Fed. rules smile_o.gif

great job on the release.

They are nice but they wont engage soldiers for some reason. rock.gif

same here, it seems that the targeting box isnt coming out. other than that, beatifully done ! smile_o.gif

edit: found the cause of the problem

under class cfgweapons, scopeweapon should be corrected from 0 to 2

Click Soul Assasins banner or mine, maybe that could help  tounge_o.gif

Is our crew really needed? wonder why since it has normal soldiers as crew

First of all the gunner stands in one pistion when in the real vehicle using the seat as his, the vehicle uses a a rather odd flex mount so the guner can still fire while using the vehicle hull as protection. But like the BTR152 the design fails cause a grenade can be thrown inside the crew compartment fairly easilly tthe hull was changed to the BRDM-2 config, offtering better protection from arty and grenade attacks. due to clipping issues its better to leave the gunner unable to swing with the weapons otherwise you loose weapon traverse up down, side to side cause the gunner would have his movements restriced to not pass through the hull of the vehicle. Due to game engine limitations and making the same vehicle a few times over no easy work around. In other words live with it..

First of all the gunner stands in one pistion when in the real vehicle using the seat as his, the vehicle uses a a rather odd flex mount so the guner can still fire while using the vehicle hull as protection.   But like the BTR152 the design fails cause a grenade can be thrown inside  the crew compartment fairly easilly tthe hull was changed to the BRDM-2 config, offtering better protection from arty and grenade attacks.   due to clipping issues its better to leave the gunner unable to swing with the weapons otherwise you loose weapon traverse up down, side to side cause the gunner would have his movements restriced to not pass through the hull of the vehicle.  Due to game engine limitations and making the same vehicle a few times over no easy work around.  In other words live with it..

The up-down mevement shouldn't be a prob. Simpely don't add the proxy to the up-down movement. The side-to side movement could indeed cause a prob with clipping.

I wasn't able to DL it yet, but I sure will. Looks like a very nice vehicle

Quote[/b] ]They are nice but they wont engage soldiers for some reason
Not nice if this is true, but only a config issue. Can be solved easily.

I like the pack, but vehicles have no shadows.

So much love to detail and no shadows....

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

Is it first release of Spetznaz Mod? If i remember it says version 0.5 in readme. so it is not final smile_o.gif

Then lets wish luck to these guys smile_o.gif

Please add the LOD no-shadow ASAP so i can use these in a serious game. No time to test for u but they look REALLY well made and will deffinatly be residing on my HD upon release of the fixed BETA.

Very sexy looking , in an armoured way biggrin_o.gif

Have you been in touch with the missiles on cars project so you can make an AT version ?

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/brdm-1.htm

The vehicle has LODNOSHADOW 1 property in EVERY lod, but lods are bit.. ehh odd.

Last 2 lods, 12.00 and 22.00 have only few points, not any model. So the vehicle won't show up if it is too far away or your comp has low lodsettings.

And even if those 2 lods wouldn't be there and the last lod wouldn't have lodnoshadow, it wouldn't work cause the lod has more 450 faces. So what the model needs, is a complete redone for the hull (Copypaste and deleting details won't do it) @few last lods and no lodnoshadow 1 at the last lod.

And offcourse those 2 lods deleted.

Well this is the first release of this pack and it says thats it 1.0 BETA so guys hold your horses smile_o.gif

They say that version 2.0 will have:

-new scripts

-new animations

and some modifications\bug fixing

Quote[/b] ]Soul_Assassin

Just a little note were proud to tell u that in a short while Speznaz MOD will become part of Red Hammer Studios so we can work together for the same cause. Russian Fed. rules

hehe another RHS fusion for the good of addon making wink_o.gif

This situation reminds me of a golden rule:

The best way to overcome the opposition is too assimilate them tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The best way to overcome the opposition is too assimilate them

WTF are u talking about? rock.gif

ppl makin addons 4 fun, not for money. u wanna another hot discussion here and then placebo to close the thread? crazy_o.gif And dont hide under smiley.

Quote[/b] ]The best way to overcome the opposition is too assimilate them  

WTF are u talking about?  rock.gif

ppl makin addons 4 fun, not for money. u wanna another hot discussion here and then placebo to close the thread?  crazy_o.gif And dont hide under smiley.

Wich part of my statement was saing anything about money rock.gif

You are some kind of conspiratorial theorys man or what?

I was just saing that when nearly all mods working for east addons will become one we will be waiting long time for any releases because big mod will need lot of time for ther great projects and in the mean time ther wont be any releases of smaller addons that are needed for east side because evrybody are working in the big mod and must go with the mod schema of work.

Main reason for the merger is that both teams had the same goal, so why not work together to reach it.

I wish a few of the 10.000 WW2 teams would consider that tounge_o.gif

different mod have diffirent release politics  rock.gif

yep and its good because when one mod is working on one project the second one is releasing something and the time goes faster but when everybody are working in one mod-looong waiting with no releases till finishing that one project -as i said before

yep and its good because when one mod is working on one project the second one is releasing something and the time goes faster but when everybody are working in one mod-looong waiting with no releases till finishing that one project -as i said before

*WARNING Evil pissed off addon maker about to detonate WARNING*

OOoooooo, all mod teams must submit to Lord Da_ofp_man commands this!

*slautes*

Yes Cobra Commander! CCCCCCCCCOOOBRAAAA!!! We must all stop our real lives, do nothing but make addons till our eyes bleed. and put in a greater effort to release high quality addons with no bugs for Lord Humungus Da_ofp_man has spoken..

Well considering as I recall the spetnaz team hasn't been able to release anything till this, and its still beta. Guy is working with RHS cause manythings he wants to do but lacks the skills to do so. RHS is a bit short handed and carring a fair amount of dad weight so somebody productive is a major plus which will mostlikely speed things up for both teams. Been needing a bloody texture person for a year now Spetznaz team can texture.

I can think of a dozen things now stuck because they have no textures. That could have been released a year ago. So bad player no cookie.. Rather have a trickle effect than nothing or a wave of addons that one could never find the time to use. Or dozens of buggy, unfinished and never completed addons. =P