bigger pic

screenshot13_thumb.jpg

bigger pic

screenshot09_thumb.jpg

bigger pic

videos/trailer

blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]

No life was untouched by the Great War of the 20th century. Young men from lands across the globe were thrust into deadly battle against one another. For some, it was a mission of global domination. For others, it was in defense of their homeland. For all, it was a struggle that would define the course of modern civilization.

Choose your allegiance and prepare for the most intense PC multiplayer combat experience. Red Orchestra puts you on the front lines of the Eastern conflict of World War II. Take up arms with your Soviet comrades, or fall in line with the German army and battle over the precious lands of the European theatre.

Fight your way through crumbling cities, resonating with the deafening sounds of battle. Immerse yourself in breathtaking recreations of real-world inspired locales. Communicate strategies with your team members.

Game Features as of version 2.0:

* Realistically recreated World War II European environments

* Historically-inspired battle scenes and conditions

* Huge arsenal of weapons including rifles, sub-machine guns, MGs, and explosives

* Multiple weapon features including iron sights, bayonet attaching, bashing, stabbing or deploying an MG

* 3D locational sound

* Voice bindings in English, German, and Russian

* Rag doll physics for chillingly realistic death animations

* Unique multiplayer game types

* Ambient war effects, rain, and fog

* All new Unit and Character types

* High-detail player models with authentic uniforms

* All new player animations with facial animation, secondary animation, and 3rd person weapon animation

Coming Soon:

* Vehicle support

* Improved AI for bot support

As Red Orchestra continues to evolve, expect new features to be added. Got an idea? Share it in our forums. Thanks for stopping by.

You want realism .... this is the mod for you.... beware COD junkies!!!

Hangs self for getting BF: V and not Unreal 2004 to play RO.....at least it was free..... crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Hangs self for getting BF: V and not Unreal 2004 to play RO.....at least it was free..... crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

rock.gif

This game looks really fun. It looks like the perfect game for when you just want some action smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] rock.gif

Best Buy "reward" thingy. I never played the any of the battlefield games and the curiosity got to me. Man, I should of picked up the last copy of Unreal tournament 2004.... crazy_o.gif

I just got done playing on MTCO with Suchey and gang (Desantnik - were you there too? Someone with that nickname was playing just now). It's actually pretty cool. It can be frustratingly difficult at times, but once you get in a grrove and you tune your battlefield awareness in, you do alright. smile_o.gif

I have no desire to play UT2004, so I just figure I spent $40 to buy Red Orchestra. smile_o.gif

Yeah Hellfish, I that was me... I got you a couple of times on Porychi... or howeever you spell it. I tried saying hello but no one responded.... sad_o.gif

meh.... I hope to see more OFPers on the MTCO server soon.... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yeah but bot support hasnt been added yet so its practically worthless. It is meant to be an online game....

I think it will be added in future patches though... wink_o.gif

Hmm, this would be interesting but I don't like spending 50 € on UT2k4 and I don't know if my comp could take it, it runs UT2k4 ok from the demo anyway...

My computer could run this on low settings but ironically im missing a DVD drive. sad_o.gif

Finally some competition for Enemy Territory in Linux!

Seems I can buy UT2k4 now (was waiting for Strike Force to be updated... wow_o.gif)

My computer could run this on low settings but ironically im missing a DVD drive. sad_o.gif

I'm missing the irony. wow_o.gif

BTW there was also a version with 6 CD's or rather, I think that is the standard version.

I bought my DVD drive three damn years ago, anticipating that games were going to be on DVD soon, and only now do I need it, it's just that the games that need it are too much for my computer three years later mad_o.gif Goddamn it.

I remember playing this (on ut2003) and most players were rambos sad_o.gif

Nathanz.... well the one feature that is introduced in this version is free aim.... so you cant tape, or hipshot from hundreds of yards away. I think that for the most part the players in RO are pretty sincere and nice people. Eventually all the noobs will either leave or become knowledgable that this isnt COD.

Go try it! biggrin_o.gif

I didn't see any Rambos last night.

I've seen Rambos.

But they usually dont last for the first few shots.

Especially like when I watch several of my team mates try and storm the Russians from our trenches in Porcheye. Usually you hear the machine gun going and the run right into the gun fire at the trenche stairs.

Of course, usually they listen up after awhile. Keeping your head down is what trench is for.

What about bunny hopping?

If it doesnt allow it, it sounds like something worth getting UT2004 for smile_o.gif

I know jumping is possible, but I have yet to see anyone bunny hop. Note, however, that I've only been playing for about six hours. In UT2004 I know you can bunny hop like a madman if you want, but they may have restrained this for RO.

You have stamina.

For example: You can do a sprint, but you cant shoot. After I beleive five or ten seconds of sprinting, your guy starts panting and you stop.

You cannot jump if your guy just ran 50 yards.

However, if you wait a second or two you can jump once. After that initial jump, you can't jump for a nother few seconds.

As for diving, you can't dive either. Going prone requires that you are still and not moving(think this is UT2004 limitation, wasnt designed for prone), and you can't jump and go prone at the same time.

the K98 makes for hours of hiding-under-a-tree-holding-off-the-rambos fun biggrin_o.gif