Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

Yep. Other humvees are being developed  but if he could do it faster and better than others...he is welcome.

Anyway i think there are more M-4s released (and people are still making them at same time) than Humvees and no one say nothing  biggrin_o.gif

Variety makes the choice  wink_o.gif

So welcome all good humvees!!! we´ve been waiting them for too too long.

I just dowloaded these and tried them. Not bad at all they look really good. The only two bugs I see is the previously mentioned no shadow. That and the windows are invisible from the inside. When your inside it looks like their is no glass in the windows. Other wise they are exellent.

Looking forward to the next release.

I just dowloaded these and tried them. Not bad at all they look really good. The only two bugs I see is the previously mentioned no shadow. That and the windows are invisible from the inside. When your inside it looks like their is no glass in the windows. Other wise they are exellent.

Looking forward to the next release.

yea its a real shame being able to see out the window for a change tounge_o.gif

i actualy was really happy with that. now i can see where im goin instead of starying at a colored blur that i hope is a road.

Can't use them in MP on dedicated server. It sais something like hhp_hummwv addon missing. Addon present on server and clients. Maybe a conflict with other addon? Anyone?

A clearer windshield would be fine but that's now what I'm talking about. I mean there is no windshield when your inside looking out.

Also I found when the Hummer is destroyed it explodes like a tank killing and injuring all around it.

Hereis a little Update. Look at the pics

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/Screen04.jpg[/img]>100kb

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/Screen05.jpg[/img]>100kb

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/Screen06.jpg[/img]>100kb

This what you see is only a not usable Object, but I hope I will complete a beta till the weekend

Looking very good smile_o.gif Although the textures look a little clean its detailed.

Looks good.

We have the psy-MCAR engine now. Are you considering making TOW or Avenger versions? rock.gif

Bah. High poly.

Sticking with the old ones.

They don't look any higher than the default hummwvs. The textures do give the illusion that their more detailed.

Nathanz you are right. The hmmwv have about 1.700 Poly ... 300 more than the org.

Poly count is ok, just remember to make enough lower resolution LODs.

That's not really a huge difference, is it, have a look at some addons around and you'll be shock.

@CERO.

Well the wheels in this picture doesnt look as detailed as the rest of the body.

FischKopp you´re making it very well. Don´t forget to remake the windshield! it´s the same of BI humvee with 4 cleaners instead 2.

One more thing; the humvee in pictures got a snorkel like marines variants so the question is...will you relese army and marines variants?

I would prefer another camo pattern (one without black color) but anyway...good job  biggrin_o.gif

Well the wheels in this picture doesnt look as detailed as the rest of the body.

Sorry Nathanz, I wasn't refering at your post, I was about the poly count biggrin_o.gif

That's if what I quoted was directed to me biggrin_o.gif

LOL.

@CERO.

I forget to make you a question! have you decided to make any version equipped with IFF Panels?

Fischkopp and hmmwv, why don't you guys team up and make one kick-ass addon together? rock.gifwink_o.gif

Well Mr Smith if FischKopp wants i would help him to make the best humvee pack around biggrin_o.gif

It would be an honor to me and i would feel very proud cause i love humvees (but not as much as to my girlfriend  tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]They don't look any higher than the default hummwvs. The textures do give the illusion that their more detailed.

Regardless. I didn't find anything wrong with the detail of the first release. Save the minor glitches (steering wheel, et-al). Either way higher detail means the more I put in. The more I'm going to feel the crunch cpu wise.

What's the point of playing OFP these days unless missions are copiously stuffed with entities? My PC isn't the fastest out there so I still enjoy new addons. They just don't have to look fancy. Not shitty either.

The first release was a decent balance.

Addons like that are a rarity these days. Partly with the advent of newer computers, but I think it's also an ego thing. Addonmakers have become... attention mongers to an extent and just add copious amounts of detail to attract attention I think.

Just look at a lot of the redundant addons out there for weapons/vehicles/etc. They just keep outdoing one another detail wise.

Functionality often gets kicked aside with a steel toed boot in favor of aesthetics.

Addons like that are a rarity these days. Partly with the advent of newer computers, but I think it's also an ego thing. Addonmakers have become... attention mongers to an extent and just add copious amounts of detail to attract attention I think.

Just look at a lot of the redundant addons out there for weapons/vehicles/etc. They just keep outdoing one another detail wise.

I totally agree with you.... lol the addon makers try to get as many pages in their a&m complete threads as they can.. with praises of look at this and i like this.. but in the end only the original addons stay on hard drives. (Bas, Suchey & Marfy) anything else looses its "Cuteness" quick. i personally value a equal balance of alot of things. so in a newer version of these humvees id like to see

- more detailed interior

- new sounds (engine & Browning)

- Wheel detail (make em look dirty!)

sounds are a NEED im sick of the bis sound.. it doesnt even sound like a gun it sounds like someone knocking on a door.