Sign in to follow this  
Gameer

Smoking animations

Maybe I didn't notice but there is no smoke going out of soldier's mouth? If not, is it a problem to make it? smile_o.gif And what about burning cigarette ends, so it would be easy to shoot the smoking soldiers in the night. ghostface.gif

@Schoeler

Thanks, but as i can't think of any decent way to get the cigarette and pack to show in OFP animations, there's not much use for it.  sad_o.gif

@tinitoon

Lol, I forgot to add that disclaimer.  biggrin_o.gif

@void_false

I've really not got time to change the animations and the only reason I've released these anims now is because somebody got me to get off me arse and do it. wink_o.gif

And I think spitting out tobacco-grog is crossing the boundary into digusting IMO.  crazy_o.gif

And you might wanna double-check those warning labels on the packs before you turn it into a healing script. rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

How about using set object texture along with a script to change the model's hand textures to include a pack of cigarettes and another to include the cigarette itself?

does anyone remember this?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "phone"

it is the appropriate code for the telephone animation in many cutscenes.

maybe you guys find a way to "addweapon "smokes"" smile_o.gif

@@cero smile_o.gif

If you were to make a very simple script then you could make him do as many looped ones as you wanted. It'd only be a matter of waiting for the first and second animations to play (8.5+9 seconds if I remember correctly) then playing another looped animation, then again as many times as you like. It will automatically play the "end" animation after this.

@dusand

Yeah, I was hoping somebody could do it because i'm not very good with the drop command. If anyone does it well I'll add it to the zip and give you a pat on the back. tounge_o.gif

@Schoeler

That would probably involve making/editing a whole new soldier class and besides the lack of know-how it'd mean either doing them for both east/west/res/civ aswell as the different classes of units (spetznaz, black ops, medics, snipers, officers, women civvies), plus it'd be huge in file size. crazy_o.gif

Creative suggestion though biggrin_o.gif

@Pang

That brings us back to the soldier loosing the weapon he's carrying which is a pain in the arse. If I ever have any spare time I could maybe have a crack at importing a cigarette into Maya and pretend it's a LAW (less used than a primary weapon, right?) but i've never even made a weapon in OFP so I couldn't be able to handle 02 well. This is all only if I had any free time which I really don't ATM.

crazy_o.gif

Thanks for your suggestions all. smile_o.gif

If you are speaking about secondary weapon, i'd advice to use pistol's slot. it is being used very rarely.

But my idea is to use it on Equipment slot rock.gif

Yeah but as far as I know you can't animate the binos (not in Maya at least, though there looks like there is a proxy but it's part of the model...) and as for the secondary weapon I don't have the models that have the handgun proxy in them and i wouldn't be able to start editing it with Maya like that as Maya is a complicated bugger and I don't think it's as simple as that. sad_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah but as far as I know you can't animate the binos (not in Maya at least, though there looks like there is a proxy but it's part of the model...) and as for the secondary weapon I don't have the models that have the handgun proxy in them and i wouldn't be able to start editing it with Maya like that as Maya is a complicated bugger and I don't think it's as simple as that.

lol, are you speaking chinees? lol, dont answer this. tounge_o.gif

I don't suppose you remember getting an Email from me asking if I could use these as the basis of an Irish army pack do you?

All I have to say is please dont make them spit. I'm a heavy smoker, and I never spit. I dont know why u would smoke if u have to spit. Do you carry spit cups in the house when u smoke? Or do u just do it on the floor. rock.gif

It just seems to me that the majority of smokers dont spit when they smoke, so why design this after the few people who do spit. In the end it will look like they're dipping (chewing tobacco)

cough cough cough

I don't suppose you remember getting an Email from me asking if I could use these as the basis of an Irish army pack do you?

Bugger...my e-mail account appears to be disallowing me from accessing my messages.

Send it to gameer_77@hotmail instead. smile_o.gif

And it appears as though you sent something too dusand, can you send it to my hotmail account too?

Sorry, and thanks. smile_o.gif

And don't worry Skewballzz, I ain't changing it. tounge_o.gif

[EDIT] Bugger, it appears to be working now...typical rock.gif

Yeah dusand that'd be great, i'll make a couple more pics but make sure you mention they're not static anims biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

[EDIT2] Imshi, no I've got no e-mail I'm afraid. Send it to the above address.

Just need a drinking anim and a pint glass now wink_o.gif

@@cero:

There's a typo in the in the readme.

Hava a look at the first page of this thread, Gameer posted about it.

Bugger, I knew about that post you are about, I changed the lot in the read me, so the full script is call the same as the starting loop, I'll re-change that in the readme.

Thanks mate.

@ Munk,

Lol, and a Man.United top skin.

In my case, Barcelona tounge_o.gif

@CERO.

bump bump! Theres this possibility that in the future ill be forced to quit my daily pack of Marlboro lights, so maybe if i could smoke in OPF i wouldnt feel the need to do so in RL, was this interesting project abandoned rock.gif . Werent there smoking soldiers in one of the early OPF demos or something rock.gif .