Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact nogova released

Another suggestion: maybe you could sort of rewrite the main airport's takeoff waypoints. for some reason, even the smallest plane takes a hard left turn into the ocean... Fortunately, because I have about a billion addons on my PC, this problem might only affect me.

Another suggestion: maybe you could sort of rewrite the main airport's takeoff waypoints. for some reason, even the smallest plane takes a hard left turn into the ocean... Fortunately, because I have about a billion addons on my PC, this problem might only affect me.

Probably to do with it no being the main airport in the map.

Try on the other airport.

OFP only allows one working airport for autolanding in a map, take off its the same, you'll need scripts probabley.

That would be a nice feature in the next update, a script useable by any unit that allows AI to take off from anywere

@CERO.

OFP only allows one working airport for autolanding in a map, take off its the same, you'll need scripts probabley.

That would be a nice feature in the next update, a script useable by any unit that allows AI to take off from anywere

@CERO.

that's a task for coc. cos it's very advanced scripting if you wanna make this in a serious way. tounge_o.gif

Fortunately it’s not too complicated to land and take off from a custom Runway in OFP smile_o.gif

Here are a couple of screen shots showing my first landing tests, I've just used a standard roadway for a runway.

Air00.jpg

Air01.jpg

This one shows the custom Runway along side the main runway on Nogova, just to compare my approach paths with OFP's. Inset is the circuit the Sopwith will follow to land.

Air02.jpg

I'm sure all this will be sorted in OFP2 but in the mean time I will try and add as many features as I can to get a head start:

Runways that can be attacked and damaged.

Working control tower radio chatter and queuing.

Flight scheduling (Civilian and Military).

Multiple Airfields and runways.

AI ground crew (Depends on what addons get finished by the time I'm done)

There will probably be more, but I'm no mission maker and I know squat about airport procedures. So any other suggestions on what my be useful for setting up airbases, so East and West AI can duke it out amongst the clouds, will be more than welcome.

First off, all that technical stuff is over my head...

but anyway, I like the idea of radio chatter. It really adds a cool ambience to the game. I don't remember exactly, but the laser 1993 ranger/delta addon had a radio backpack that played generic radio chatter when you hit the "fire" button on it, and it reall made it cool.

I think the turning of the planes after the take-off is something in the game-engine and has nothing to do with the ILS-points.

I also have tons of plane-addons on my harddisk and tested the ILS and taxiing with a couple of planes and I think it's not possible to "fit" the points for each kind of plane.

For example the Su-25 and the A-10 from the game have diffrent "turning-circles"...the Su-25 can make very short turns on ground while the A-10 needs a bigger radius. I think that depends on the position of the gear (space between each wheel) and also what is set in the config.

Martins aka MTYs DC-3 works nearly perfect in following the taxi-ways for example but performes a strange landing. Other planes land perfectly and aren't following the taxi-way correctly because they can't turn fast enough (as mentioned above).

And some other planes aren't even able to land by their own (AI) because their turning-circle (in air) is set to such a huge radius that they aren't able to find the right landing-path till they ran out of fuel (simply a config "bug"...MTY showed how to do with his DC-3).

And infact you can let the AI land on any surface (except water). There's no runway needed because the AI doesn't looks for a runway...it only uses the ILS-points to manuver.

But that "map" with the two runways (one for take-off, one for landing) looks interesting.

Greetz

Plage

this may seem a dumb question but how do i get a DC-3 to land at Nogova main airport?? to setdown and taxi to the terminal?? scripting or it can be done in waypoints?

is there any way to replace standart nogova with mapfacts for single player ??

Hmmm, I remeber somebody has already made air traffic/airspace control mission/scripts like 2 years ago. I think it can be found on OFPEC. rock.gif

Quote[/b] ] think the turning of the planes after the take-off is something in the game-engine and has nothing to do with the ILS-points.

It just shows the circuit I've calculated based on speed and turning circle for that particular aircraft. If another plane was using the runway it would follow that loop until it's cleared. When taking off it will just fly head on until its given a waypoint.

Quote[/b] ]I think it's not possible to "fit" the points for each kind of plane.

I know, I've had to assign parameters to each aircraft type. This along with simulating the landing gear movement with anims (AI will not respond to the Gear action) means I will have to produce small addons to link in with popular aircraft.

Quote[/b] ]For example the Su-25 and the A-10 from the game have diffrent "turning-circles"...the Su-25 can make very short turns on ground while the A-10 needs a bigger radius. I think that depends on the position of the gear (space between each wheel) and also what is set in the config.

Martins aka MTYs DC-3 works nearly perfect in following the taxi-ways for example but performes a strange landing. Other planes land perfectly and aren't following the taxi-way correctly because they can't turn fast enough (as mentioned above).

And some other planes aren't even able to land by their own (AI) because their turning-circle (in air) is set to such a huge radius that they aren't able to find the right landing-path till they ran out of fuel (simply a config "bug"...MTY showed how to do with his DC-3).

I'm looking to take over taxing completely, hopefully it wont depend to much on the config. But the in-flight turning circles can vary wildly, this appears to depend on the config and the model, but I don’t really understand how. Like I said, at the moment I'm passing in parameters for different types of aircraft, not ideal but it works.

Quote[/b] ]And infact you can let the AI land on any surface (except water). There's no runway needed because the AI doesn't looks for a runway...it only uses the ILS-points to manuver.

Yeah the landing gear in OFP is robust, thank god smile_o.gif The runway is not just eye candy though, as its defined as a roadway it does help aircraft to get there speed up on take off. Plus you can do other stuff when it's an actual object placed in the editor, or an aircraft carrier runway.

I was hoping I could land on water, there are a couple of seaplanes available sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But that "map" with the two runways (one for take-off, one for landing) looks interesting.

Each plane is assigned its own approach path and runway, so in theory you could place as many as you want in the mission editor. You will just have to assign them all to one Airport object.

Quote[/b] ]this may seem a dumb question but how do i get a DC-3 to land at Nogova main airport?? to setdown and taxi to the terminal?? scripting or it can be done in waypoints

Like T.S.C.Plage said, depends on how it's setup by the addon maker.

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm, I remeber somebody has already made air traffic/airspace control mission/scripts like 2 years ago. I think it can be found on OFPEC.

I've seen some by Rastavovich, the runway lights script looks interesting. I've not had chance to see how he handles the air defence.

Cheers

IIRC it didn't handle air defence. It was something like sector control. You was able to request permission to land if you were within the airfield airspace and if the runway was empty you were granted it. Otherwise, you had to wait for your turn circling around the airport. Well, something like this... rock.gif

@CERO.

that's a task for coc. cos it's very advanced scripting if you wanna make this in a serious way.  tounge_o.gif

LOL. Funny you should mention that. I have an old script collecting dust somewhere... ah here it is. It's a demonstration of autonomous plane landings in OFP through the use of a neural network. Basically I landed a plane using a joystick a couple of times while recording flight data. Then I trained a neural net that learned to land the plane all by itself.

It's a simple tech demo, the point is in the neural network rather than with the landing, but it can be fun to watch an empty plane land all by itself. This was an internal CoC demo, so it was never meant for public release. Take it for what it is - an internal demo and not a finished universal solution for all OFP landing problems.

readme:

Quote[/b] ]

2003-02-13

*INTERNAL COC RELEASE*

Neural Network Tech Demo 2

Neural Network Lander

----------------------------------------

The Chain of Command, denoir

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/

-----------------------------------------

Demonstration of using a trained neural network. The network

has been trained to land a plane on a runway.

The network was trained with data from three landings. In this

demonstration the plane starts at a random height to demonstrate

the generalization capabilities of the neural net.

Instructions

------------

Copy the "OFPAnn Lander.Noe" directory to your user mission directory.

When you start the mission the neural network will perform

a landing. Sit back and enjoy. Once it has landed, you can

step out of the plane and let it land again by itself, this

time without you in it. To restart a flight choose "Restart Flight"

from the radio menu.

Revision History:

--------------------------

First version

Download: AnnLander.zip

this may seem a dumb question but how do i get a DC-3 to land at Nogova main airport?? to setdown and taxi to the terminal?? scripting or it can be done in waypoints?

Simply place a waypoint with "Select Type -> GET OUT" on the forefield of the airport. The DC-3 should fly a "round" over the airport and then start to land, taxi in front of the main-building and then the pilot (+group) disembargs from the plane.

Greetz

Plage

is there any way to replace standart nogova with mapfacts for single player ??

Simply no!

But if you want a mission that is playing on the original Nogava to work on "my" island you simply have to "decrypt" the PBO to get the "editor-version". Then you can change the ending of the mission-folder from "xxx.noe" to "xxx.map_noe" or you can load the blank "Mapfact - Nogova" and "Merge" it with the original mission...both ways should work. After all you save/export the misson to SP/MP again.

Greetz

Plage

@CERO.

that's a task for coc. cos it's very advanced scripting if you wanna make this in a serious way. tounge_o.gif

LOL. Funny you should mention that. I have an old script collecting dust somewhere... ah here it is. It's a demonstration of autonomous plane landings in OFP through the use of a neural network. Basically I landed a plane using a joystick a couple of times while recording flight data. Then I trained a neural net that learned to land the plane all by itself.

It's a simple tech demo, the point is in the neural network rather than with the landing, but it can be fun to watch an empty plane land all by itself. This was an internal CoC demo, so it was never meant for public release. Take it for what it is - an internal demo and not a finished universal solution for all OFP landing problems.

readme:

Quote[/b] ]

2003-02-13

*INTERNAL COC RELEASE*

Neural Network Tech Demo 2

Neural Network Lander

----------------------------------------

The Chain of Command, denoir

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/

-----------------------------------------

Demonstration of using a trained neural network. The network

has been trained to land a plane on a runway.

The network was trained with data from three landings. In this

demonstration the plane starts at a random height to demonstrate

the generalization capabilities of the neural net.

Instructions

------------

Copy the "OFPAnn Lander.Noe" directory to your user mission directory.

When you start the mission the neural network will perform

a landing. Sit back and enjoy. Once it has landed, you can

step out of the plane and let it land again by itself, this

time without you in it. To restart a flight choose "Restart Flight"

from the radio menu.

Revision History:

--------------------------

First version

Download: AnnLander.zip

haha, just mention something: coc has it already done. great. thank you.

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's a simple tech demo, the point is in the neural network rather than with the landing, but it can be fun to watch an empty plane land all by itself. This was an internal CoC demo, so it was never meant for public release. Take it for what it is - an internal demo and not a finished universal solution for all OFP landing problems.

It works well, it would slot right in without any modification. But yes, theres alot of code there for just landing a plane smile_o.gif

Do you have to mission you used to train the Nueral Net? If I could apply it across the board, it would be worth looking into.

Nope, unfortunately it was lost in a mishap I had with my OFP mission directory. The whole neural network package is however included in the pack I posted, which includes the training functions.

What would be needed would be to write a simple data capture. What I used in the demo was the very trivial case of recoriding the position (relative starting point) and velocity. Network input was the position and the output the velocity. It's really the most simple case. In a proper implementation you would perhaps want some other parameters included. That would however require more data. The simple case that I used allowed me to get away with showing it only three landings. If the model is more complex then you have to provide more data so that it can capture the essential characteristics.

Shame, I would like to use if for calculating and navigating approach paths, and perhaps taxing planes around? I could get my head around your landing routine, so I though it would be a good place to start experimenting.

I really do need to take some time off to start using these Nueral Net functions.

But back on to the thread topic, the Mapfact Airport looks great. Although It's a pity the missions used for the screen shots were not included, looking forward to seeing it with some traffic.

How about a small privately owned, dilapidated Airstrip in the SE corner. Sort of a combination of Workshop, Runway and Scrap Yard (with surely guard dog). Where the owner spends most of his time asleep in a rocker smile_o.gif

mapfact nogova v1.21

t.s.c. plage released his mapfact nogova v1.21 on mapfact.net. smile_o.gif

grab it here. there's a little base on nogova now and plage fixed some little bugs (i.e. the signs of the petrol station).

base_11_small.jpgbase_05_small.jpg

base_08_small.jpgbase_07_small.jpg

Yeah! Great new! Thx a lot for that update ... and the base tounge_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

sorry, not yet. wait some hours. sad_o.gif

Mirrors here: FTP#1 or FTP#2.

The mirrors are for people not understanding German, I suppose that Mapfact prefers that German speaking people register and download from their site (for stats probably)

smile_o.gif

*Edit: links to fixed version*

Would thinkg Krasenova be a bit larger seening how large the OPFOR is in realife. Democratic Republic of Krasenova.

Hate us as much as they like so long as they fear us. =)