Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Ofp 1.5 join in progress "jip"

Community,

Here is a good question:

If for some reason BI studios decided to release an addon-pack at retail price to update OFP 1.0 and add the Join in Progress and possibly sell this from their online store.

How many would consider paying full retail value for this game while we wait for OFP2 to come out?

I know that I would!

I think BI Studios is holding back on the JIP so that they can make OFP2 more of an (awesome enhancement) to the game. But I would be interested in purchasing a interm 1.5 JIP (which will help finance the BI team) and also purchase OFP 2 when it is released with all the extra enhancements that are in the game.

What do you think?

usles topic  crazy_o.gif  

I wouldnt consider buying it for just JIP (unless it was 20p) but if it had some updates t0 he engine (maybe VBS engine) + new campaign and addons aswell then Id get it smile_o.gif

I'm kinda sorta wanting to close this topic down, but I won't just yet. I think BIS already has a plan, and I really don't think that what anyone says here will make them change their plans. Who knows, maybe they'll release a beta test version with JIP someday? I definately think they're too busy to do anything else right now with Xbox and OFP2 in the works.

But I've been wrong before. Just three days ago I said VBS would never be released to the public. crazy_o.gif

I'm kinda sorta wanting to close this topic down, but I won't just yet.

Why? After all, this is a discussion forum and it's a funny idea?

jens

Here is my take on the subject and I think it makes sense.

Programing JIP for Operation Flashpoint is a pain,as BIS already stated it takes alot of time.If they spend the time to do this they will also add multiple gunner positions,posibility to move on moving objects which is alot more simple and people already have an idea of how would be done.If they do this they will also update the graphics to match current standards i.e DirectX9.0 b,so they will also make pixel shading possible.All that with high res textures,streaming terrain,excelent models,new animations and a new campaign and we`ll have Operation Flashpoint2 hence there is no need for 1.5 as it would most likely confuse costumers and would probably be a marketing mistake.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

JIP is difficult to do; the FIRST time. If it's already done: which is is for OFP Xbox - it is not that hard to add at all - especially since an XBox is basically a standardised PC.

In the interim between now and OFP2 releasing an upgrade to OFP - OFP 1.5 - with just the same upgrades as OFP Xbox would be a good money maker and would not, from a programming point of view, be very hard.

Well if they released a updated version including JIP and some other small features thru their online store, take a price of like 30€ then I probebly buy it. (It enough with a pay for download -no box is needed.)

smile_o.gif

---- about XBOX, if I had a xbox then i probelby wouldn't bought xbox version anyway. FPS does not fit at consoles, and the second.. I already have PC version witch can have better graphic then any consoles.. tounge_o.gif

If they released an update, I'd get it only if it had addons or engine improvements. If it only had JIP, I wouldn't get it. Of course, if the update made even the slightest improvements to gameplay, I'd grab it without a question tounge_o.gif .

And to answer the question:

I'd buy an addon for the usual price if it introduced the features of OFP Xbox or more.

I will *not* be buying OFP Xbox. Games like OFP are not as good on a console.

I wouldn't buy it. Then again, I only play organised MP squad games.

BTW Baron, it's nice to see someone who knows Lone Wolf and Cub here wink_o.gif

guys guys guys..... I rather leave bis in peace to finish ofp2.

moreover i dont understand all of our guys hate against fps on consoles. i got an xbox just for Halo and it works great. sure ofp might be funner on the pc, but it will still be fun on the xbox

JIP is already done for OFP engine. Its only a matter of creating an upgrade to install it.. ( of course I am over simplifying the situtation and it may be harder then just a days work) But it may also be profitable.

Xbox ofp will soon be released (no date was giving at E3)

It would be a nice compainion addon for PC gamers to at least get what will be avalaibe on the xbox version.

It appears that the xbox version has other enhancements besides JIP and an interum pc addon pack to at least give us what the console gamers have would be awesome.. I'd buy it.

I would pay full retail price for removing some basic engine limitations like missiles on wheeled vehicles and multi-proxies on aircraft; of course I would take other stuff like updated scripting engine and the terrain streaming.

I would pay ~30Euro if I get this:

-JIP

-Some Engine Limits removed

-Updated graphics engine(which is using newer hardware)

-Maybe some new vehicles, but thats not important.

But! It must be fully compatible with OFP:Res and the user made addons.

MfG Lee

I would pay for all changes that are going into the OFP xbox in the shape of a new addon for OFP pc. This would include model/island updates, engine updates and the mulitplayer changes. Something around 10-30€ to update 1.96 to this new version would be absolutley fine for me, no matter if it would be an online buy or a real package I could pick up from the nearest store.

I would definately pay $50 for it, considering theres no interesting games out there at the moment...(I got Vietcong to kill some time). I would definatly play a lot more MP because I dont have the time to join a "squad". Theres nothin worse than having an urge to play MP, but the only games that are open are CTF.

I'd pay a 100 bucks for the graphics addons in OFP xBox and some new content from vbs1, especially the new islands...

I think JIP would put OFP on the MP charts along with the common played MP games.

Most of you people are European..So I am not sure what kind of dough you were talking.I dunno about 50$ U.S currency but it would be worth like 30$ to me to even just have updates like the JIP and multiple firing points and walking on moving vehicles would be nice

Thats a good price I think considering that I wouldn't care about any new textures or islands or anything.

I think then OFP would be the supreme master of MP and SP games

I would buy it.. I think it would restart OFP. IMO it wasn't as popular as it could have been because of the lack of JIP MP..

Most of you people are European..So I am not sure what kind of dough you were talking.I dunno about 50$ U.S currency but it would be worth like 30$ to me to even just have updates like the JIP and multiple firing points and walking on moving vehicles would be nice

1 Euro is 1.2 U.S Dolar.(more or less) I Will pay 20-30 Euros (24-36 U.S Dolars) for an OFP update if they improve the engine and add JIP, like seems to be in the xbox version.

BIS make more money getting us to buy the new products with JIP in them. Sure they could add it in a patch or addon pack for cheap infact they might even have that already but atm its not in THEIR best interests.

Business is Business afterall.

Ive just gotten to the point where I barely play OFP anymore. I still check the forums here and there to see if theres any monumental events or anything like that, but for the most part, Ive put all ideas of an update or even OFP2 out of my head. I figure I'll just forget about it till it comes out, thus making the wait that much easier.