Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

Quote[/b] ]I'm still considering buying VBS1 to get a little preview of how OFP2 may be

As Marek already told, VBS1 is very close technology-wise to the OFP you already know. If you want to get a preview of OPF2, you will probably be more satisfied with OFP for Xbox then with VBS1.

VBS1 enhancement are very usefull for training purposes, as evidenced by the customers already using it, but they have very little entertainment value. Anyone expecting VBS using DX9 features or anything similiar will be certainly disappointed. On the other hand, I am quite confident anynone using VBS for training purposes will be satisfied by the value offered by this product.

Wow! VBS1 is very very nice! I need VBS1, but I haven't money. OFP2 will be super game, but it must good as VBS1.

VBS1 is very expensive sad_o.gif

VBS is using an improved flashpoint engine, so will ofp2 thats what I meant, and Im not looking for entertainment ni vbs, just for some great combat experience that I can't find in other games, maybe in ofp, and I really dont like consoles but because its ofp i might get it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]VBS1 is very very nice! I need VBS1

Let me repeat: You do not need VBS1 - and telling it is "nice" makes me really proud about the OFP, because from graphics engine point of view, it is exactly the same as the OFP you already have. The point of VBS enhancements is not improving graphics, but providing better training value. If you think VBS is "nice", it only shows is OFP is "nice" - but I suppose seeing a lot of addons already made by the community, you already know this. smile_o.gif

Seeing a lot of speculations and misunderstanding in this thread, I am closing it for now.

We plan to post some more details about VBS soon.  Until then, I would like to ask your patience, and I would like not to discuss VBS like it is a game or entertainment product any more, because it simply is not.

I would also like to ask all OFP gamers who consider buying VBS to really double think about what they are doing - while some OFP users may really like training aspects of VBS, some other may not. VBS is not a game. There is nothing like story or campaing in the game. There are no DirectX 9 graphics effects or similiar eye candy. In anyone buys it thinking it is a game, do not come back to me later telling me it is bad game and you are disappointed - the only thing we will tell you is that we already told you so before. smile_o.gif

I hope the FAQ will answer most of the questions but we're happy to extend it as necessary. However, I think it's better to close this topic again.