Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

I'm telling you guys, you have a problem with US and Canada not having VBS1 distributed/sold to the public, write Coalescent, not here.  biggrin_o.gif

Why they dont give 2 shits about are needs and wants.But I do see that this VBS1 product sale is going very well.If that request number is orders.

Hehehe, well, even if BIS gives a shit they can't force CT to sell it publically in North America, if you know what I mean. I'm sure BIS or BIA didn't get up and say, let's sell it to the public but not in NA. biggrin_o.gif

Well when the boyz in Australia get their copy we will soon find out wont we  wink_o.gif

Not this one.

No doubt it looks awesome. But half a grand for a complete package is way too much to be appealing. I don't even know which currency the prices are listed as. If it's in AUD. I'll consider saving for some of the packages, but not all.

Still. I'll congratulate BIS on releasing VBS worldwide, and pity those in the US who want it but can't get it. I'll also congratulate them on the prices. Should create quite a handsome nestegg for the boys to sit on.

But, I think I'd rather upgrade my system in preparation for OFP2 than buy this.

Edit: Found the currency button. $204 AU for just VBS1. I'll definantly sit this one out.

Folks, we don't know what the contract agreements were. Coalescent may have exclusive rights to sell VBS1 in North America, but some other party (e.g., Codemasters) might have exclusive rights to sell anything based off the OFP engine to non-military entities.

One rule you can set your watch by is that nobody ignores a certain source of cash. If VBS offered a gaming experience far beyond OFP 1.96, you can be sure it'd be released publicly and at a reasonable price. There are simply far more gamers than military computer labs.

On the right side you can select different currencies. biggrin_o.gif

What IS strange is that you can't publically purchase this VBS1 in the States but US Dollar is one of the main currencies. tounge_o.gif

I'm telling you guys, you have a problem with US and Canada not having VBS1 distributed/sold to the public, write Coalescent, not here.  biggrin_o.gif

Why they dont give 2 shits about are needs and wants.But I do see that this VBS1 product sale is going very well.If that request number is orders.

That request is not the orders because I ordered it and I know my order number wink_o.gif

I can tell you it is not above 15 orders.

I can't believe how some of the people are bad-mouthing BIS. I'll simply state what numerous people have already stated it's not a game Look how much the military wastes on training projects around the world and then tell me not it's not affordable -- its a steal.

That request is not the orders because I ordered it and I know my order number wink_o.gif

I can tell you it is not above 15 orders.

It is kind of expected at this point isn't it, no big publicity hype before the release, and look at the price for an average gamer. (it will take people some time to come up with the funds and make up their minds for entertainment purposes..., and some gamers just won't be able to afford it)

Why should they care about your wants and needs? How old are you? How much money are you willing to spend on a military trainer? How many copies do you want? They just got a contract with the National Guard - you (and any other American gamer) mean very little to them. They're obviously dealing with a customer base that does not include you and me. And it shouldn't. Let BIS worry about pleasing us, not CTC just because we want something that they have.

But don't let me discourage any of you from trying to get it. If you spend that kind of money, you have a very real possibility that you're going to be very dissappointed. Like Dinger said, if there were worthy enough game enhancements, BIS would release it publicly.

Quote[/b] ]no big publicity hype before the release

Except for me running through a bunch of forums, yelling "OMG OMG VBS1 IS HERE!" tounge_o.gif .

Personally, I'm going to wait. If OFP2 doesn't make December 2006, then I'm going out and buying VBS. I'd rather wait and save myself half a grand, but if OFP2 takes too long then I'll just lose control and get VBS1 tounge_o.gif .

(in reply to Hellfish)

How can BIS please some peeps in N.A. when their contract with Coalescent probably does not allow it, or am I speculating too far here? smile_o.gif

EDIT: Anyway, this has been an interesting day for sure, good night. biggrin_o.gif

I can't believe how some of the people are bad-mouthing BIS. I'll simply state what numerous people have already stated it's not a game Look how much the military wastes on training projects around the world and then tell me not it's not affordable -- its a steal.

yeah its a steal,Just think you can make your own content for VBS1.

I meant an upgrade for OFP. AFAIK, Coalescent doesn't have any rights to OFP. That's still Codemasters' realm.

Oh yeah, I agree about that, good night for real this time.

GOOOOOOOD MOOORNING V...BS1

biggrin_o.gif

sounds good .. I was thinking it was a freak lol

They are kill the price for gov. WOW

Good luck!

The OGN review will be up later tonite, should be interesting.

I will no doubt get this sometime sooner or later, more info is needed to know exactly what it features, I don't mind it being a training sim and such, im into that stuff.

What interests me most is the updates and modification tools, I wonder how it is kept upto date, perhaps some automatic update tool?

Guess we will find out sooner or later, PS I have a radeon9800XT so when I take some screenshots she be full glory smile_o.gif

Guess we will find out sooner or later, PS I have a radeon9800XT so when I take some screenshots she be full glory smile_o.gif

Make sure you  take some up close shots of lots of things. Especially the baby on the left.

vbs1_5.jpg

And for the warez kiddies.

CBU_metal_fish.jpg

So for the kids.

Just for the record Codemasters is a game intertainment publisher and AFAIK has nothing to do with VBS1. Its pretty amaizing considering this thing doesnt have an official publisher which probably explains the lack of marketing, prehype and this prob means that VBS will never make it to the shops.

well is it just me that thinks lots of people here didnt read the post from start to end?

the idea is that simple: VBS1 is not for gamers!

its aim to military use for a crap low price(it is indeed CHEAP for those fatass government)

and most of the time, governments are stupid............ wow_o.gif

Wish it was available in U.S. sad_o.gif.  Guess I can't get it.  

Whats with the animals pack being $50?  I mean, it only has 7 animals!  Thats outrageous crazy_o.gif

this is for anyone who doesn't understand why the game is so expensive:

"- VBS1 is a low cost simulation system based on Operation Flashpoint engine.

- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment."

this game is being marketed to military/police forces with huge budgets (i.e. lots of money to spend on "simulators")

if you think one of these 500$ systems is expensive, read this quote and article:

"The military is so convinced that technology will enhance its training methods that more than $45 million may be spent on the ICT project between 2000 and 2005."

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/11/22/war.games/

that's 45 MILLION dollars on ONE game that isn't even done yet.  another $7.5 million was spent on the development of America's Army, and that was when they weren't even sure if it was going to be a success or not.  the military has such a large budget that it can spend millions of dollars on "experiments" like AA or VBS1 and not have to worry about whether they will be successful or not

anyway, it seems to me at least that bis is just tryin to get in on the action...

I understand why the game itself is expensive & all. I don;t understand the outrageous price for 7 animal addons tounge_o.gif

Wish it was available in U.S. sad_o.gif.  Guess I can't get it.  

Whats with the animals pack being $50?  I mean, it only has 7 animals!  Thats outrageous crazy_o.gif

this is for anyone who doesn't understand why the game is so expensive:

"- VBS1 is a low cost simulation system based on Operation Flashpoint engine.

- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment."

this game is being marketed to military/police forces with huge budgets (i.e. lots of money to spend on "simulators")

if you think one of these 500$ systems is expensive, read this quote and article:

"The military is so convinced that technology will enhance its training methods that more than $45 million may be spent on the ICT project between 2000 and 2005."

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/11/22/war.games/

that's 45 MILLION dollars on ONE game that isn't even done yet.  another $7.5 million was spent on the development of America's Army, and that was when they weren't even sure if it was going to be a success or not.  the military has such a large budget that it can spend millions of dollars on "experiments" like AA or VBS1 and not have to worry about whether they will be successful or not

anyway, it seems to me at least that bis is just tryin to get in on the action...

I understand why the game itself is expensive & all.  I don;t understand the outrageous price for 7 animal addons tounge_o.gif

like i said, governments are stupid...... biggrin_o.gif

and because of that you could make a shitloads of porfit by pricing is high above the sky while the governments still thinks its cheap and can keep those smart civilians away from it at the same time

who knows perhaps the 7 animals were REALLY REALLY hard to make ya never know LOL.

Also that USB PenKey is nothing special allot of software has been using that for years, and yes they get cracked in the end,.

However since this is a not a GAMING product I don't see how anyone should be caring what warez kiddies do or not, if BIS wanted to make money off this from the public it be released as a game in a cheap package,.

The customers BIS cares about for this product is those like the ARMY and such, now if one of those big boys pirates this then they get concerned as its their main product to the military.

Who gives a toss what little jimmy does to VBS1 in his bedroom, no doubt jimmy will just go back to Battlefield 1942 like the child he is, and leave us major VBS1 Fans alone smile_o.gif

Let's hope VBS sales go through the roof and further so BIS can fund ofp2 development for more features smile_o.gif

Why would bis make features for one product and keep it out of the next product, like OFP2, I'm sure it will include every feature that VBS has and some more. I'm still considering buying VBS1 to get a little preview of how OFP2 may be smile_o.gif