Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

LMAO! biggrin_o.gif

At least it's not Shadow Warrior, which would be more scary.

Im just wondering how BIS are gonna deal with the amount of 'hacked' addons and code from VBS. I mean im no thief but im sure there is gonna be someone out there that will pinch a thing or too (sorry if this has been mentioned before!)

Alternative - Lower the prices!!

Ok im confused about something, can someone explain this to me. It wont ship to America? Why?

Eh, still remember that VBS is not supposed to replace OFP so don't let the "dissing" get too out of control. wink_o.gif

Ok im confused about something, can someone explain this to me. It wont ship to America? Why?

Because Coalescent handles North American distribution.

Oh ok, so I can order through them instead.

Still no answer on the Spectre.

In what pack is it and does it work like it s supposed to, or is it just a hercules with a canon sticking out that dont work rock.gif

Plz some answer BIS.

Quote[/b] ]If you're in the military or police.

OK, so Coalescent won't ship it to me. But could I pay a UK friend to get a copy for me and then ship it over here wink_o.gif ?

Quote[/b] ]Because Coalescent handles North American distribution.

Does that include Mexico tounge_o.gif ?

Quote[/b] ]If you're in the military or police.

OK, so Coalescent won't ship it to me. But could I pay a UK friend to get a copy for me and then ship it over here wink_o.gif ?

Quote[/b] ]Because Coalescent handles North American distribution.

Does that include Mexico tounge_o.gif ?

Yes & Yes tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This version of VBS1â„¢ is only available to residents outside of the USA and Canada

Wait, the restriction is only for Americans and Canadians... Anyone know someone in Mexico tounge_o.gif ?

Guys

No doubt that they are using addons from the community. And I bet if you really drill them certain people were compensated. I cant believe that CoC, BAS, and other mod groups arent making a dime on this. Even though BIS has rights to the tools etc. you can give them a binarized helo and not give them the code. Im sure the community mods are not 100% compatible with this new system so if the mod teams were smart they would have swung a deal to sell the configs,scripts etc. or they were paid by BIS to produce it for VBS

Quote[/b] ]No doubt that they are using addons from the community.

"No doubt"? Have you actually purchased the game and examined the models?

Well when the boyz in Australia get their copy we will soon find out wont we wink_o.gif

Ok .... IM taking a pool right now....Send me $5 US and choose whether you think these are community mods. Current odds 5-1 affirmative biggrin_o.gif

its not used by sweden but it was bought to check it out nothing more.

Kegetys' home page states that some of his work is being used in VBS. It wasn't totally clear if it was addons or the aforementioned spectating script. wink_o.gif

Why do people here always think VBS is a game ??? Questions like "will there be campaigns", "will BIS reduce the price" just prove that some guys here didn't get the point on what this piece of software is all about...

It's intended to be used by security and military organizations for training purpose. That's all.

And the reason why it's not being sold freely in Northern America is just that it might turn up in the wrong hands. Imagine some terrorists training with VBS...sounds weird....still these guys went to flying schools to learn how to crash a 767 into a skyscraper....

So for all of you who are excited about this piece of software:

Forget it, it's not for you. It's no game. If you checked it out, you would see that it's nothing funny at all. Wait for OFP 2...

Hornile

It is not for us, but we can buy it, and then we can play on internet wink_o.gif

omg omg omg omg, i just saw the video and i like, omg omg omg i need to change my pants...... tounge_o.gif

And the reason why it's not being sold freely in Northern America is just that it might turn up in the wrong hands. Imagine some terrorists training with VBS

ok lets examine that statement for a second, they're worried about it getting into the wrong hands so they will sell it everywhere else besides the U.S. ?  rock.gif  

We all know we have to watch out for all those N American Terrorists.. lol    tounge_o.gif   (no offense to anyone but seriously)

Back on Topic though...

Even though its not a game... I'm still considering buying it anyways...  as people have said.. you never know when you need to train your own private army ;)

Even though its not a game... I'm still considering buying it anyways...  as people have said.. you never know when you need to train your own private army ;)

Good point..... ;-) but this software is still a bit expensive for non-commercial use....but I bet in 2 month you will get it somewhere for free....

I really do believe it's not sold in the US (thats a bit shorter than "Northern America") because of this whole "war against terrorism" stuff going on there....

The US can't force BIS to not sell the software everywhere except in the US...and that's what's going on...

by the way...I doubt that this software is not more of a danger to the world than a .357 in a kid's hands....(which is unfortunately reality...)

Hornile

Good point..... ;-) but this software is still a bit expensive for non-commercial use....but I bet in 2 month you will get it somewhere for free....

I really do believe it's not sold in the US (thats a bit shorter than "Northern America") because of this whole "war against terrorism" stuff going on there....

The US can't force BIS to not sell the software everywhere except in the US...and that's what's going on...

by the way...I doubt that this software is not more of a danger to the world than a .357 in a kid's hands....(which is unfortunately reality...)

Hornile

Do you really think they cant get their hands on one in the EU?

Come on, thats not the reason its not available in North America.