Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

These are mine questions too, and what payment method does the site accepts beside creditcard  rock.gif

EDIT

Quote[/b] ]Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

I think this feature makes it quite a cool game smile_o.gif

Some more quick notes to VBS1:

- it's really not a game. If you're into gaming, it's quite possilbe Flashpoint 1 is better solution for you and I can ensure we're working very hard on sequel to it (which VBS1 is definitelly not at all as it's not even intended to be game).

- if you're in the army or need such type of simulation and training, I think you should give VBS1 serious evaluation as there's real training value in our technology and it's really very affordable solution for this type of task. If you don't know Flashpoint yet (probably hypotethical on this forum, I hope), it's definitelly good point to start before you commit to VBS1.

- there's no campaign mode in VBS1

- basic VBS1 comes with 1 terrain and limited set of vehicles and weapons

- VBS1 was constantly after development in recent years (as was Operation Flashpoint) to provide higher training value than Operation Flashpoint. Recent version and all available addons and system modules provide some really new funcionality for training and simulation purposes

I am happy to see all the excitement around VBS1 in Flashpoint community but it's good to stay calm and understand that VBS1 goal and purpose is to help with some real training needs.

Some clarifications:

a) someone on page 1 said that the cruise on the trailer was the CoC tomahawk. I can state categorically that that is not the case. Ours is much better-looking ;)

b) Software sales prices are in determined by, among other things, market size and support. The market for vbs users is much smaller than the market for OFP; moreover, they need a product with professional training features (= stuff that you and I would consider boring). So the price reflects this.

- VBS1 was constantly patched/updated after development in recent years (as was Operation Flashpoint) to provide higher training value than Operation Flashpoint. Recent version and all available addons and system modules provide some really new funcionality for training and simulation purposes

I presume you missed the patched or updated smile_o.gif

yes but if you like hard core simulation VBS1 can be really great expecially if u can build your own vehicles, it's like OFP but more realistic right?

Some more quick notes to VBS1:

- it's really not a game. If you're into gaming, it's quite possilbe Flashpoint 1 is better solution for you and I can ensure we're working very hard on sequel to it (which VBS1 is definitelly not at all as it's not even intended to be game).

- if you're in the army or need such type of simulation and training, I think you should give VBS1 serious evaluation as there's real training value in our technology and it's really very affordable solution for this type of task. If you don't know Flashpoint yet (probably hypotethical on this forum, I hope), it's definitelly good point to start before you commit to VBS1.

- there's no campaign mode in VBS1

- basic VBS1 comes with 1 terrain and limited set of vehicles and weapons

- VBS1 was constantly after development in recent years (as was Operation Flashpoint) to provide higher training value than Operation Flashpoint. Recent version and all available addons and system modules provide some really new funcionality for training and simulation purposes

I am happy to see all the excitement around VBS1 in Flashpoint community but it's good to stay calm and understand that VBS1 goal and purpose is to help with some real training needs.

Maruk there is a editor like in OFP where you can make missions right?

And is it possible to import or play OFP missions in VBS1 rock.gif

Is it coming to stores??? If yes Netherlands too?

I have no credit card can I order it over the net without credit card rock.gif

Is there a possibilaty that BIS editthe engine and makes a campaign for VBS1 in the feature rock.gif

Is there not a DVD disk version avaible where VBS1 and all other expansion packs are avaible rock.gif

Or is there a OFP1.5 coming in near feature that use VBS1 engine + addons pack rock.gif

Thanks Maruk for your honest response.That`s what I love aobut you guys you don`t try to cheat your fans as 99% other companies are.

Nice to know you are still working on OF2 and even after hearing this,everyime I`ll have 500 bucks in my wallet(year right) I will be tempted to buy it tounge_o.gif

This exactly my situation, but I contacted the store owner so let's see if it's possible wink_o.gif

1) Does it still support -twomon and -window?

2) Does it support maps larger than 12.8km, like all the way up to 102km?

3) - edit, nm. -

4) Coalescent has no pr posts since Dec. 17, 03. Will they be opening sales in the US, and when can we be blessed with a statement of solidarity from them?

5) Is Earl getting a nice tan in Miami?

6) If I have to reinstall windows, are there any complications, or as long as the dongle is plugged in its okay?

7) Can missions still be played depbo'd?

8) Can addons be loaded in depbo'd form?

Thanks.

So which one of you EU guys wants to act as a "broker" for me?

lmao tounge_o.gif

Well, I can't bold things, but I think you understand what I meant..

(-it's really not a game.)

(and I can ensure we're working very hard on sequel to it (which VBS1 is definitelly not at all as it's not even intended to be game).

oi oi oi! I marked some points of Maruks post..

Well, VBS isn't proper for entertainment,(BUt I wish I had it anyways) that's maybe not wierd 'cos it is a military training sim..

But as Maruk said! THEY are WORKING on a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for now OFP2 ain't dead, well isn't that good news?

And I can understand why this "game" is so bloody expensive for us! You guys wanna knowe why`? It's intended for military and police organizations!

500Bucks is cheap as hell for them..

Like bush just says go buy a hornet for 500million bucks, well maybe not as i dunno the price of a hornet, but you'll get my point.

500bucks is nothing for the military or police shit...

BUt one of my wishes Maruk, are can't you convert the animal pack to ofp1? Please we ofp 1 gamers have been loyal all the time, and just want something to play with until ofp2 arrives! (or realese some ofp2 details lol)

Well, anyways it's good to hear something official that ofp2 is really under developement.

Thanks, Maruk and BIS workers, BTW I'm coming to the Czech Republic this year, for summer holiday! biggrin_o.gif Can't you guys invite me? No, just joking, but it is a fact that I'm coming to the Czech Republic this year though..

tounge_o.gif

This exactly my situation, but I contacted the store owner so let's see if it's possible wink_o.gif

Guys, just find anyone with a credit card... I'm sure you can pull it off.

I think I start to see how VSB1 and OFP are being marketed differently.

Example:

Flight simulator for commercial pilots and a flight sim (MS FSPro) for the home aviation enthusiast.

The million dollar flight simulator is a tool to help pilots do their job, the home version is a fun relaxing game.  Difference is who uses it and why.

A question about terrain pack 1. Is there any difference between the islands in VBS and Flashpoint? I spotted some trees near Montignac I think (at least I think it is in the middle picture) wich aren't there in Flashpoint

t_1.jpg

Are there more differences than just these small things?

Well this is what the site says about terrain pack 1smile_o.gif :

Quote[/b] ]This pack contains all the maps from Flashpoint 1, updated with a lot more detail. The maps are four large European-based islands with an impressive 144 square kilometers of area each.

VBS1 is looks already correctly good. The possibilities which one thereby has are unbelievably and already the thought used this software the US army and now --- is accessible for the end-user unbelievably. It is only a little expensive.

A question about terrain pack 1. Is there any difference between the islands in VBS and Flashpoint? I spotted some trees near Montignac I think (at least I think it is in the middle picture) wich aren't there in Flashpoint

[imghttp://www.virtualbattlespace.com/shop/t_1.jpg[/img]

Are there more differences than just these small things?

seems to me those maps are close to the Xbox version of OFP. I guess some of the stuff is the same.

VBS looks really good. The SF pack and Marine pac sound promising. But so much money for a game is nuts. But than it's not a game, of course.

Hell, I wish BIS could compile an update for OFP containing the SF and Marine pack and add those islands (the desert one looks AWESOME). I mean; a lot of people would pay for such an addon. I would.

I just hope this somewhat resmbles the quality of OFP2. The BIS team has become much, MUCH better. The entire thing look much more complete. OFP2 won't be a the 'small' game that OFP1 was (with all due repsect, but OFP was never meant to be as big and popular as it's now)

Ive seen the Trailer for it and it ROCKS biggrin_o.gif but is tehr a trailer of the same kind or soemthig in HIGH quality ? I think it was pretty bad quality on the video rock.gif

pretty bad quality? which vid have you been watching??

the vid make sme wonder: were BAS addons used in VBS1? The blackhawks look just like the BAS one (now that's no so strange since a MH-60 will always look like an MH-60, but these really look like the BAS ones)

I also wonder how much ideas were actually "borrowed" from the community. Some of the stuff like fastroping was started by the fans. I think a lot of pioneer work of the community was used by BIS. I hope the guys like BAS and DKM were given credit... smile_o.gif

if I buy it over the net how do I know it will ship to me rock.gif

And if they say that I must pay the price first and than that it will be shiped to me how long does it take how I know that it will be secure to order over the net.

Is there a option to order it and when it comes to your home you pay the money to the post bringer???

You know because you input the shipping address and get reciepts when an account is charged. The security side is handled by Paypal or Paymate, nobody will accept COD (Cash on Delivery) as too many people would come out of their house with empty pockets, and then who pays the shipping two ways.

If you check, Paypal also lets you register a bank account, it takes a bit of time but it does work. Another thing is you should checkout paymate, they may offer bank account payments as well.

Maybe cause of the Pionering the comunity did for BIS we can get a bonus ( hint hint hint ;) ) fom bis wink_o.gif

pretty bad quality? which vid have you been watching??

the vid make sme wonder: were BAS addons used in VBS1? The blackhawks look just like the BAS one (now that's no so strange since a MH-60 will always look like an MH-60, but these really look like the BAS ones)

I also wonder how much ideas were actually "borrowed" from the community. Some of the stuff like fastroping was started by the fans. I think a lot of pioneer work of the community was used by BIS. I hope the guys like BAS and DKM were given credit... smile_o.gif

I watched the 19 mb trailer... but I want it in HIGH quality like 100 Mb that would be ace tounge_o.gif

Bis should make another ExpansionPAck for OFP which includes

the VBS 1 features, Marines and Special forces pack.

50€ would be OK.

But I don't pay 140$ only for VBS1. And then 50$ for Marine Pack and 50$ for Special FOrces. crazy_o.gif

But VBS is very nice.