Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

Quote[/b] ]Why no mention of the oldé site:

That's Coalescent's site tounge_o.gif .

WOOOOWWW this looks really great finally some news about vbs although the price is idiot in my opinion but he its a simulation not a game crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the price is idiot in my opinion

Government prices: $50 for a hammer, $300 for a toilet seat tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif .

2 Questions:

1: is VBS1 gonna be released in Norway ? think it sayd only US and canada or soemthing ?

2: Is it using OFP engine 1.5 ?

Quote[/b] ]1: is VBS1 gonna be released in Norway ? think it sayd only US and canada or soemthing ?

It said that VBS1 will not be sold (By them) in the US or Canada. Anyone else can buy it.

Quote[/b] ]2: Is it using OFP engine 1.5 ?

It uses an improved engine. Whether it's 1.5, I don't know.

Quote[/b] ]1: is VBS1 gonna be released in Norway ? think it sayd only US and canada or soemthing ?

It said that VBS1 will not be sold (By them) in the US or Canada. Anyone else can buy it.

Quote[/b] ]2: Is it using OFP engine 1.5 ?

It uses an improved engine. Whether it's 1.5, I don't know.

ahh cool.. thx...

Wounder what it will cost smile_o.gif

On the other hand.. the animals do look very temping.

[ig]http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/shop/animal_1.jpg[/img]

+ Kangaroos, Goats, dogs and snakes.

*drool*

/bals was faster  blues.gif

If you can shot at them that will be fun. tounge_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I wish we have some screenshots or more info about ofp2 many ask for that rock.gif  rock.gif  sad_o.gif

Remove image tags when quoting images please - Placebo

So what are the new features in VBS1 when compared to OFP 1.96?

Animals, directx 9, aircarft carriers, ..?

How the terrain has been improved?

Does it offer better protection than in normal OFP1? Especially protection against enemy artillery fire.

In military simulation, things like dynamic enviroment which changes when being hit by arty fire, or natural/buildable foxholes, i believe are pretty important for squadbased training.

Can player move more naturally? Like jump over edges, Climb over walls, kick down doors?

Does it have infrared imaging devices? Realistic ballistics for bullets? What about the communication system, can player/commander give orders for squads, platoons, companies?

Does the AI behave more real? Like understanding the enviroment, taking cover. Does it have any strategic or tactical understanding?

50 $ for something = Kegetys' spectating script? Wow, I didn't know it was worth as much as OFP itself, must have taken a lot of work to make that script.

I don't see why a normal consumer should spend hundreds of dollars on a simulation when you can get the same for OFP with addons? Or do you think 2 gun positions and a few other tweaks are worth that much?

Well, as they say, he isn't crazy who sells but he who buys. I would still be interested in trying this, I just wouldn't buy it for a price of anything close to the price it is now.

i dont get it: do i have to buy it over internet or will it come to the shops? rock.gif

So now north americans can't buy it? We can't even buy it through Coalescent's site because it says it's only available for Government purposes.....

i dont get it: do i have to buy it over internet or will it come to the shops? rock.gif

You have to order it.

i dont get it: do i have to buy it over internet or will it come to the shops?  rock.gif

You have to order it.

damn, i dont have a creditcard or whatever mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]VBS1â„¢ product range includes the core VBS1 simulation software, as well as various addons (terrain, units, animals) and system modules (Observer Module, After Action Review Module).

I just wonder, is this AAR module integral part of VBS1 or is it an additional module, but apparently not publicly available?

It also seems to need still a USB key.

Also interesting to know would be, what is part of the core system, with respect to islands, units, weapons, a.s.o.

But anyway, very interesting news.

Oh My GOD... Just look at this... i have heart strike
Quote[/b] ]

Key features:

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training.

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

Fully customizable avatars, vehicles and aircraft.

Application of doctrinal templates.

Development of geo-specific maps.

Supports large mapping areas.

High resolution photo realistic textures.

Dynamic daytime and weather effects.

Life-like smoke effects.

Advanced Level Of Detail (LOD) system renders far away objects in increasing detail as you approach them.

Advanced real-time simulation of wind, rain, fog, clouds, time-of-day, sunrise/sunset, tides, stars and moon.

Night navigation is possible with the real-time star mapping feature.

3D Engine supports large number of high-resolution photo-realistic textures through advanced texture management techniques for highly-detailed environments.

Realistic unit and noncombatant character movement modeled using a new human motion-capture System.

Inbuilt Unit voice communications using the new DirectXâ„¢ 9.0+ Direct Voice feature set.

Support for dedicated LAN servers.

Commandeer and drive over 30 vehicles including cars, tanks, helicopters, aircraft and boats.

Create mixed squads of human and advanced AI-controlled players in any combination.

Command up to 11 other soldiers in a squad.

Dynamic mission templates allowing users to drag around mission elements such as opposing forces and objectives to any location on the map.

Wide variety of environments: operate in desert, snow and subtropical environments based on true satellite imaging.

You "get heart strike" because of that? I highlighted the parts that aren't available in OFP right now, coincidentally the most unimportant parts IMO. smile_o.gif I don't really understand the "doctrinal template" bit, but I suspect it is implementable in OFP whatever it means.

"Life-like" and "photorealistic" are such relative terms, I thinkt they are already available in OFP.

Be careful of taking many of these statements above for true, the same things could be said about OFP1 but they would be exaggerated.

is it legal to make a high-poly addon for ofp1 out of the vbs units?

I find VBS1 very interesting, because BIS took some ideas from the community; if you look at a mission editor screen it looks like FDF mission editor layout.

The observer pack looks like a mix of my Debug Spectator (because of the unit filter) and ECP debug spectator (layout of the three sliders), so it isn't really Kegetys spectator.

I think that's fair enough, as BIS supplied us with patches and content for so long.

More interesting is the fact, that a wide variety of tools to create game content is mentioned (I overlooked this point at first). Is by this O2light and stuff meant?

is it legal to make a high-poly addon for ofp1 out of the vbs units?

Someone tried it, and they were threatened with legal action IIRC.

I would be greatful if someone who decided to buy the game would publish lots of screenies and maybe a movie here. I realy do think about buying it.

But for me 2 factors are important.

A) i dont want to play alone. I would enjoy seeing several people of this community buying the game too. 15 bucks! That IS affordable

B) How is the support for this game. Are they gonna release adequate patches?

I would be greatful if someone who decided to buy the game would publish lots of screenies and maybe a movie here. I realy do think about buying it.

But for me 2 factors are important.

A) i dont want to play alone. I would enjoy seeing several people of this community buying the game too. 15 bucks! That IS affordable

B) How is the support for this game. Are they gonna release adequate patches?

yes, i am thinking about buying it, too. in the summer holidays i have to get some money... wink_o.gif

it'd be interesting to know what system requirements this game has.

And why cant the united states buy it....

Answered before, that's because Coalescent technologies still hold exclusive distribution rights in the U.S and Canada.

Guest major gandhi
Oh My GOD... Just look at this... i have heart strike
Quote[/b] ]

Key features:

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training.

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

Fully customizable avatars, vehicles and aircraft.

Application of doctrinal templates.

Development of geo-specific maps.

Supports large mapping areas.

High resolution photo realistic textures.

Dynamic daytime and weather effects.

Life-like smoke effects.

Advanced Level Of Detail (LOD) system renders far away objects in increasing detail as you approach them.

Advanced real-time simulation of wind, rain, fog, clouds, time-of-day, sunrise/sunset, tides, stars and moon.

Night navigation is possible with the real-time star mapping feature.

3D Engine supports large number of high-resolution photo-realistic textures through advanced texture management techniques for highly-detailed environments.

Realistic unit and noncombatant character movement modeled using a new human motion-capture System.

Inbuilt Unit voice communications using the new DirectXâ„¢ 9.0+ Direct Voice feature set.

Support for dedicated LAN servers.

Commandeer and drive over 30 vehicles including cars, tanks, helicopters, aircraft and boats.

Create mixed squads of human and advanced AI-controlled players in any combination.

Command up to 11 other soldiers in a squad.

Dynamic mission templates allowing users to drag around mission elements such as opposing forces and objectives to any location on the map.

Wide variety of environments: operate in desert, snow and subtropical environments based on true satellite imaging.

You "get heart strike" because of that? I highlighted the parts that aren't available in OFP right now, coincidentally the most unimportant parts IMO. smile_o.gif I don't really understand the "doctrinal template" bit, but I suspect it is implementable in OFP whatever it means.

"Life-like" and "photorealistic" are such relative terms, I thinkt they are already available in OFP.

Be careful of taking many of these statements above for true, the same things could be said about OFP1 but they would be exaggerated.

so than what does vbs1 really offer besides this things. the addons shown on the pics and in the video aren't really better than like for instance BAS-stuff or MMP-addons. And I doubt that this multiweapon-thing got implemented(if it is, please prove). So what else does it have???

animals, yes very essential for a military simulation. new islands, which may only look better on screens or the respective computer-systems (high-quality jungle, desert and winter islands are avaiable for ofp anyway). new anims, hmmm...didn't see very much in the video, the ones on the screens may be static ones.

i really think the mod-community of ofp is creating a product which is as good as vbs1 or even better.

Quote[/b] ]A) i dont want to play alone. I would enjoy seeing several people of this community buying the game too. 15 bucks! That IS affordable

First, it´s not a game but a military simulation for military training. That´s a significant point.

As you already can see by overlooking the VBS 1 page it wont be only 117 Euro for the basic pack. I assume all who want to b uy it will choose some of the additional CD´s. So let´s say at least 300 to 400 Euro for each copy that has not all but some of the additional CD´s. That´s a hell lot of money.

I admit, that I play with the idea to order one but I´m realistic about it. As it is a military product for military purposes every addon CD that will be released will be a 50 - 100 Dollar one. Bugfixes may be dealt with on a free base but they will most likely only fix bugs, nothing else.

I´m looking forward on new screens though.

But all have to keep in mind that this is no game by definition and therefore the pricing will be high, no matter if you use it as a game or not.

What makes me sad is that now that we all see the new units for sale in VBS 1 there will be no free upgrade for OFP 1 with those addons. Could have been different without VBS 1 but then again most of the units wouldn´t even exist.

I agree, I´d like to know more specific details about the netcode and basic features, unitlist, ingame gfx with VBS1 but I see little chances that VBS 1 will be sold much among us regular gamers. Therefore I doubt it will be played much.

Quote[/b] ]i really think the mod-community of ofp is creating a product which is as good as vbs1 or even better.

Impossible. Why ?

Because Mod -team´s access to OFP source code itself is restricted and in VBS 1 you can already see the extended engine. A thing no mod team can do.

I think the main purpose of buying such a product is for a government to get their hands on an all-round realistic combat simulator, not to conquer good ol' OFP.

Though I suppose VBS comes with an improved engine and several updated/fixed features.

But I think our best move would be to wait for OFP2 biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, the anims were a bit lacking, they hold the guns off to their sides instead of like in Dreamy Knight's, Wilco's or Hunter's anims, and hold the guns on their backs when on safe.