Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

if you take a look at "terrainpack 1" you´ll se that Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova are there smile_o.gif

but they look MUCH more realistic biggrin_o.gif

hell, i want this as a upgrade beyond OFP:R

The Coalescent website still says that it's only available for Government purposes sad_o.gif .

It's good to see this.

I'm a bit curious what motivates it though....

Need for money? Trouble with Codemasters?

Or perhaps they think it'll lead to large sales to other .mil around the world...

The Coalescent website still says that it's only available for Government purposes sad_o.gif .

That's the Coalescent website, which deals with sales within the United States and Canada. Bohemia Interactive Australia will however ship it anywhere other than there. wink_o.gif

Standard VBS 1 without additional disks would be 117 Euro.

Hmm...I´m tempted biggrin_o.gif

130 to 500 bucks for a game? - In my pants! If I want to move inside a vehicle or see live animals that badly I might as well do it in real life. tounge_o.gif

I’ll wait until we have a product intended for regular customers.

smile_o.gif

me to.... biggrin_o.gif:D:D:D, but, what about internet multiplayer game, can we will play on inet with this??, and what about single game, this game has campaigns, single mission or what??

Maruk, plz, answer us smile_o.gif

Hehe...so much money for some upgrades and ADDONS?I think we have addons for free :]

Quote[/b] ]and what about single game, this game has campaigns, single mission or what??

Maybe you just want to read what they posted on the webpage ? rock.gif

Too lazy ?

Quote[/b] ]Bohemia Interactive Australia will  however ship it anywhere other than there.

Then I'll have to ask a European if he can ship me a copy if I send him the money wink_o.gif .

130 to 500 bucks for a game? - In my pants! If I want to move inside a vehicle or see live animals that badly I might as well do it in real life. tounge_o.gif

I’ll wait until we have a product intended for regular customers.

smile_o.gif

Well,

If you divide the cost of VBS and the time you ll be playing with it ... ( it s been 2 years + for OFP for me now) you ll be amazed how cheap it is a day ;-)

I m gonna buy it ! .... if i can use existing addon with it !

Can i rock.gif?

Currently VBS1 ( what units are in there btw ? ) + USMC pack.

Lateron Animal pack, terrain 2 pack.

I cant seem to find in what pack the Spectre is ... anyone ?

Good news good news smile_o.gif

Cheers

I don't think that it will get cheaper, as it's a simulation not a game.

And I don't think it makes big sense to buy VBS1 for us, since you most probably are not able to make custom addons for it. I don't know really anything about it, but it would make sense not being able to modify it in a way like we can with OFP1.

I really hope, that BIS removes the engine limitations from OFP 1, I'll pay for it, too, rather than waiting 2-x years for OFP 2.

Btw. nice fighter pilot...

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios

read it here http://virtualbattlespace.com/

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This add-on pack adds a whole new dimension to 3D simulation and training. Having real world animals in scenarios creates the feeling of an even more synthetic combat environment. Watch the animals feed and move about in freedom, plus react to every possible situation especially in combat situations.

Animals:

Camels

Kangaroos

Goats

Dog

Fox

Rabbit

Snake

50 bucks for the animal pack! Oh i'm so getting this.

And check this out:

Quote[/b] ]The observer module allows observers to keep track of all playable units in a VBS1â„¢ session. You are able to not only toggle between viewing any of these units, but also between various different camera modes (such as a chase camera, a camera from the first-person perspective and more). Next to this an observer can display a variety of statistics for individual users and for the whole session.

Is "seagull" mode included in this? biggrin_o.gif

Cool

I was just thinking watching back the trailer, that the bald specops dude looked incredible ... and lookie here lol

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And check this out:

The observer module allows observers to keep track of all playable units in a VBS1â„¢ session. You are able to not only toggle between viewing any of these units, but also between various different camera modes (such as a chase camera, a camera from the first-person perspective and more). Next to this an observer can display a variety of statistics for individual users and for the whole session.

Is "seagull" mode included in this?

I bet it´s Kegetys spectating mode. Is he staff member now ?

I like the animals, their ai sounds pretty interesting.

Who want to be run over by a frantic camel ? biggrin_o.gif

animal_1.jpg

Imagine you lying in cover for sniping and a fox comes around and searches for his food biggrin_o.gif

On the other hand.. the animals do look very temping.

animal_1.jpg

+ Kangaroos, Goats, dogs and snakes.

*drool*

/bals was faster blues.gif

i will be interested to know what is included in the VBS1 pack without addons, in the video there are only units included in the addons pack... Maybe if you buy only VBS1 you have only the "engine"?

Well it looks like Half Life 2 may take a back seat to this. At least in the OFP community anyway.

Man I'm tempted to break out the plastic (Visa) for this one.

On another note...As a dedicated hard core OFP enthusiast it would not do this simulator justice to see it warezed on Torrent or Kazza.

Holy crap! I'm buying, as soon as I raise enough cash. A bit pricey though. But no matter.

Some important notes you should understand concerning VBS1:

- VBS1 is a low cost simulation system based on Operation Flashpoint engine. So far, it was succesfuly adopted by various US military organization and we extend its usage to other users worldwide. One of the important new customers for VBS1 is now Australian Defence Forces.

- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment.

- VBS1 uses modified Operation Flashpoint 1 engine.

- using our new online store, it will be now very easy to start using or evaluting VBS1 by various military and other customers around the world which will help VBS1 to be more recognized in the simulation industry

- in North America, VBS1 is still exclusively distributed and supported by our partner Coalescent Technologies.

We're going to release more detailed information about VBS1 new release later today at www.bistudio.com

Well, Atleast Maruk isn't dead! That is good news, isn't it?? biggrin_o.gif

So maybe they do realese OFP2 so unexpected like this!?

Well, thank you Maruk! We love you! Nope just joking.. Codemasters are atleast doing a kickass job it seems. Well. this is friggin fun! Maybe we get a new memeber on the forums, the real president.. Maybe Bush buys it. unclesam.gif Seeya later.

Why no mention of the oldé site:

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com

Or does the public VBS1 stand for something else now ?

(Virtual Battle Space)

Just curious, the engine looks identical to Flashpoint 1.96

Although I have seen ADFA running VESL servers with 1.97 VBS1 and ADFA1 and ADFA2 addons

Is this the real deal ?

(don't make me march over to ADFA to ask - thats 15 km for me - it is too late)

ADFAs' VESL Servers *appear* offline which means they are upgrading or replacing them with something better (hint hint)

I suggest they email Mike Melvin-256

http://mfcti.sourceforge.net

Must have MFCTI: for VBS1 !!!

And I hope that servers can benefit from HyperThreading and 4 (real / 8 logical) CPUs......damn I need my virtual world of combat [smile_o.gif], damn 1.96 is only a tad faster on a HyperThreaded server [sad_o.gif]

Also hope the engine supports DX 9.0b+ features and looks better, as many of the addons in the movie on the OGN forums I already have (for free). AU$500+ is a bit steep for most players, although the Animal, and Terrain Pack 2 looked alright, and could prob be made to work in Resistance 1.96 RC)

Still, my main concern is performance of 4x CPU Servers.

If they want it to take off, contact Atomic mag Australia, get a removable insert, and include "VBS1Bench2005"* on the coverdisk, just so people can see what detail to expect on their personal system, and grade their 4x way servers which are no doubt lined up already.

*-Doesn't exist, use your imagination, Benchmarks are the most cost effective method of 'advertising' cuz everyone compares their score, who knows could be the next big thing to replace 3D Mark 2003, and auto optimize the game for decent frame-rate out of the box (unlike FlashpointPrefrences.Exe, which was more basic)

Also another vid for people:

But this one is Harmony II engine based:

http://www.es.com/resources/itsec+h2.wmv

Also browse:

http://www.es.com - to dig up more stuff

I suspect OFP2 may look better than that, and have similar size 'battlespaces' as I guess people will start calling them smile_o.gif

Competition = good for everybody, and I don't mean to distract the VBS1 feel, just thought the E&S vids might interest some people.