Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

Key features:

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training.

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

So this mean it's editable? if yes we can just buy the standard version without addons and create them for it

Its the same as OFPR, of course it's editable. It uses the same tools like O2 and visitor. Why is there this idea that it's this new, great different game? This is ridiculous. First of all VBS is no better then OFPR, it is based on the same engine although it is tweaked out a bit. Looks like they took stuff from alot of mods, why would I buy this to use BAS units, or a LAV25 from the ADF pack that could even be ours when I could DL them for free? The price is outrageous for one, and what are you getting extra? Some addons, that's about it. Mods could match this work or better it, as I see it most the ideas came from the mods anyway. This is a last ditch cash grab, that's all it is, to compensate for the not selling as many copies to the goverments as they hoped on. Furthermore I am dissapointed to see that the OFP2 screens they released are actually from VBS1. If they would have been smart about this they would have packaged it as a massive upgrade to OFPR and sold it for $50, call it OFPR 2.00 or whatever. They would have sold a shitload more copies.

Well, love it, especially with the engine update. However why people in United States can not buy it, why the rest of the world can.

Oh I see, they dont want to train terrorist, hmm... terrorist dont fight in a conventional war. They are bunch of sissies, who like to hit and run wink_o.gif

Will missions made for OFP work/can be edited to work in VBS1?

Wouldn't it suck if you buy this and there's no public missions to use biggrin_o.gif

Key features:

So this mean it's editable? if yes we can just buy the standard version without addons and create them for it

Its the same as OFPR, of course it's editable. It uses the same tools like O2 and visitor. Why is there this idea that it's this new, great different game? This is ridiculous. First of all VBS is no better then OFPR, it is based on the same engine although it is tweaked out a bit. Looks like they took stuff from alot of mods, why would I buy this to use BAS units, or a LAV25 from the ADF pack that could even be ours when I could DL them for free? The price is outrageous for one, and what are you getting extra? Some addons, that's about it. Mods could match this work or better it, as I see it most the ideas came from the mods anyway. This is a last ditch cash grab, that's all it is, to compensate for the not selling as many copies to the goverments as they hoped on. Furthermore I am dissapointed to see that the OFP2 screens they released are actually from VBS1. If they would have been smart about this they would have packaged it as a massive upgrade to OFPR and sold it for $50, call it OFPR 2.00 or whatever. They would have sold a shitload more copies.

the engine is not the same, it's improved, and i think it's better create something for VBS than for a limited engine

Can user made addons currently be converted to work with vbs?

if I buy it over the net how do I know it will ship to me rock.gif

And if they say that I must pay the price first and than that it will be shiped to me how long does it take how I know that it will be secure to order over the net.

Is there a option to order it and when it comes to your home you pay the money to the post bringer???

if i order when do i get it ?? no info on the site.... Is there a new AI that works whit the dogs ? smile_o.gif

Is there a option to order it and when it comes to your home you pay the money to the post bringer???

How can I pay it, it's not the problem that I don't have the money it's just that I don't have a creditcard and I don't know what the paymate method is rock.gif

Key features:

the engine is not the same, it's improved, and i think it's better create something for VBS than for a limited engine

Can you show me a full list of how it's improved exactly? I see there may be coding improvements yes, higher res textures, yes, but what is different for it?

- VBS1 uses modified Operation Flashpoint 1 engine.

Modified in what way?

Heh,as I suspected it was Flashpoint2004.The video is extraordinary,all that I wanted OF2 to be.

I am still trying to decide whether to buy it or not.First I am going to read the review and find out if OF1 addons would work with it.

And the most important thing of all.HOW IS THE AI IMPORVED?CAN IT FIGHT IN URBAN AREAS,ENTER BUILDINGS.etc?

One other thing,is BIS considering releasing a disk pack for it with voice acted campaigns?

In any case spending this kind of money is a very important decision for me,so I am still thinking...

Sorry, but from the video I couldnt see great improvements. All I could hope for is that the graphic card is now used in a greater way (DirectX). But besides that..well I can expect more for the money no? Better textures...? well hmm.... and paying 140 bucks for a nice Kangoroo? rock.gif

Hehehe. This ain't exactly E3, but certainly it's quite an announcement. Not sure if I will be rushing out to buy it, but good luck to BIS with the sales.

Hmmmm, on second thoughts maybe I will grab it soon. My private army needs some training wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

So from what I'm reading us Canucks and United state'ers can't get it?

Dammit!

My uncle works for a civilan branch of defence canada as a purchaser for supplies at the Edmonton garrison...

I wonder if I could convince him...

Nah. He thinks OFP is a crock of shit.

Dammit!

See. Where I would -not- pay for upgrading a new pc just to play regular ofp addons.

I'd but a brand spanking new machine and every single addon fucking cd I could.

The only proviso would be that I could play it via lan or something. I don't play on the internet anyhow. However without some kind of LAN capability it'd get boring.

Well I just read the 8 pages, and it seems like VBS is just OFP with hi res textures and cute animals..

Sure it has a carrier, but OFP does too.

It has a tomahawk, look what wizzy is doing and what CoC did.

It has hi-res textures.. You won't be worrying about that whilst playing.

The only thing that would even make me consider buying this would be

A) If I was rich tounge_o.gif

B) IF they had completley redone the urban combat, and made it so you can enter buildings and stuff

C)Fixed the bouncing things and running through walls.

But even then, why not wait till OFP2 and save 500+ dollars?

I moved this topic to BI General area as VBS1 is a different product than Operation Flashpoint.