Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

Quote[/b] ]But I think our best move would be to wait for OFP2

Unless VBS 1 drops in summer sale to 40 Euro I agree  biggrin_o.gif

More information can be found in my review. Part 1 will appear exclusively on OGN tonight.

There will also soon be a developer interview where many of your questions may be answered.

And of course more screenshots and good stuff to come.

HAil !!!

I have i simple question !

I have an small internet point (just only 8 pc +1 server) (it's enough for my town) i want to buy VBS but i need to know if i must buy 9 vbs (ugh!!) or just 1 is enough ?? (like the corporate of Windows)

Hail !!!

Behoram

p.s.

i already bught 9 Ofp and 9 Res ! (Damn single user license!!)

Hi,

I will get the Basic Pack and one or two of the addons.

Hell, what else do I have to go five days a week to the office for?

Jens

I have 3 things to say:

1. neat

2. pleased to see voice comms in there (among other things)

3. _very_ good pricing for the military

So I guess anyone can purchase a copy now if they have enough cash money? Yeah..

is this the bas blackhawk in the trailer tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Wow, looks really impressive! I showed this to one of my friends, whom I bought a copy of OFP GOTY (he never played much with it though) for. He was really amazed by the textures on the units and the model quality, and started to count the money in his wallet immediatley.

I am seriously thinking about buying this "game", especially after seeing a snake in that trailer! Very impressive indeed, but that was just one of the things that really made me amazed. The textures on the units are unbeleivable, and the textures on the landscape and vehicles aren't that bad either. But in the end, when I am sitting here with VBS1 and three addon discs I will most probably feel like I wasted my money.

It's really sad that BIS won't consider releasing a "civilian version" of VBS1 with some of the improvements to the game engine, a select few of the new addon-packs but for a saner price.

But I guess OFP2 will be just as good sweet, if not sweeter smile_o.gif

There is one thing that speak strongly for VBS 1 when you compere it to community addons, compatibility. This is always the biggest downside issue with community addons. They tend to model/code the reality in diffrent ways which make for problems, especially in multiplayer.

The Hardware specs are at:

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com/specifications.html

But bear in mind Flashpoint Recommended specs where only a 600 Mhz CPU, and alot of us run 3 Ghz rigs now and still think it could perform better in many aspects (alough we have pushed 1.96 engine to its limits), and as I said on page 4, the servers need more MPS support.

As for not being able to buy I in the states, dunno, I know some members of WOLF, ACT, Australia have already ordered VBS1 at the "non US / Canada site" and expect to have it within the week.

I am quite sure if us downunder can get it, then the states should be able to aswell.

(Woot, Now I can train my private militia, the DarkPeace Assault Marines)

If your looking for more read my post on page 4

or check out: http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=16832 - the forums of OGN, clan WOLF, will have some decent stuff in the next few weeks smile_o.gif

Plenty of similar vids at www.es.com

or if your bored(?) grab: ftp://downloads.codemasters.com/Video/lifeless.exe

And remember the gold old days

- VBS1 is a low cost simulation system based on Operation Flashpoint engine.

- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment.

So in VBS1, if I press the "I" key, I won't see my "score" ?

It's really sad that BIS won't consider releasing a "civilian version" of VBS1 with some of the improvements to the game engine, a select few of the new addon-packs but for a saner price.

Hmm, think about it. How much would they include in the "scaled down" civilian version? A small USMC mod with one or two engine tweaks and three custom islands? Would you pay for that when these packs are released every week? And if they sold this civilian crap version with no value for your money, the REAL version with just 2x more content and fixes would cost at least 5x more.

i'll have to pass just becasue of the price, thats friken ridiculous. Oh yeah and it says Geforece 4 only (or 2) and i have a radeon, what bullshit why would you make something for just one videocard (HL2 comes into mind) Oh well thats how the cookie crumbles, maybe someone can part some of these addons over to ofp, then again they would probably get sued so i guess i can wait for of2 which i bet it a 50 dollar version of this 150 dollar "virtual battlefield system" pfffff money.

Is it comming to stores in Netherlands if it comes to stores I buy it 100% but buying over internet I dont buy anything over the net mad_o.gif

rock.gif Why would you not buy it over the internet? It's not a fruit or vegetable, it will be the same product whether you buy it at a store or at an internet store. Sounds like a fear of technology? tounge_o.gif

Key features:

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training.

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

So this mean it's editable? if yes we can just buy the standard version without addons and create them for it

Come on Maruk, you own us a little Editorupgrade here. we're fighting your war every day without any sold. lets say just some animals like a poisonsnake for bushcampers, some camels for a desertCTI, some of those notshaved face.jpg, becoz we're getting old here and etc. etc.

Greetings from anotha marek

Of course, the little warez kiddies on OFP.INFO are already asking for warez copies crazy_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]There is one thing that speak strongly for VBS 1 when you compere it to community addons, compatibility.

Also, the stuff comes in nice little sets, instead of slowly coming in from addon-makers. Just get the Marine pack and you get troops, helos, and ground vehicles. Get the ADF pack and get Aussie troops, helos, and ground vehicles. Quick and efficient, though pricey tounge_o.gif .

The system requirements and other details on the VirtualBattleSystems site are not all accurate for this version of VBS1.

It is beautiful on a Radeon.

Damn after i watched the trailer i want to buy this for sure.......but 150dollars without the addons.........ummm lot of money........still very tempting......have to think about it

Also, the stuff comes in nice little sets, instead of slowly coming in from addon-makers. Just get the Marine pack and you get troops, helos, and ground vehicles. Get the ADF pack and get Aussie troops, helos, and ground vehicles. Quick and efficient, though pricey tounge_o.gif .

Like with FDF and CSLA mods for free?

I really hope OFP2 wont cost THAT much sad_o.gif

Why would it, it's supposed to be bought by private civilians and not government organizations remember? wink_o.gif

I have a question. Is there any thing new in VBS, that we dont have already in OF? I dont see any sense in paying 500 dollars for something that i already have.....