Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Eurovision 2004

Well folks it's that magical time of the year again, the Eurovision is showing tonight in the UK at 20:00 on BBC1. Now I know your excited but your gonna have to wait another 1 1/2 hours.

Terry Wogan will once again be doing the commentary - very humourous if you are a regular radio 2 listener or just over 50.

Nul Point never again!

And once again I'm happy NOT to have a tv! Although Germany seems to send something better than a clown this year (a real novelty I'd say). Anyways, to all who watch it tonight: Suffer!!!

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

In France, we noticed that if our contestant win, we will have to spend a lot of money to host the Eurovision the following year instead of using this money to a better goal.

To prevent such an idiotic situation to happen ,we had planned a special tactic that proved to be successfull since a lot of years.

We choose someone that has absolutely no chance to win, and to help our plan , we give him a song that is absolutely not pleasant to the ears of any judges.

I do not know who we have choosen this year (i must add that i do not really care) , but i am confident that our plan will be successfull again.

In France we are the master of losing for a reason : our cunning plans.

Every year someone makes a thread about this, and every year Placebo closes it because he and everyone who doesn't live in Western Europe could care less.

edit: of course, that being said, good luck to Britain

@ May 15 2004,20:16)]Every year someone makes a thread about this, and every year Placebo closes it because he and everyone who doesn't live in Western Europe could care less.

edit: of course, that being said, good luck to Britain

I live here and I still don't care. That's the part of the year I'm sure I will shut down my tv.

Due to communitary reason's ,In Belgium Waloons and Flemmish take turn in sending a contestant to eurovision every year.

Wallonia is actually pretty good at it ,they usually send relative quality groups (to eurovision standards) ,last years the walloon group was 2nd ,and the only eurovision win for Belgium was by a Walloon. (sandra Kim)

In Flanders on the other hand the contestants are picked on wich manager throws most money after it ,so the Flemmish contestants are usually put there by manager's and usually is highly commercial and crappy music.2 Years ago the Flanders send Sergio (a local moron ,can't see his face ,bet many Belgiums will agree with me here) and he got almost last. (yes!) this year Flanders sends "Sandee" who is managed by the same Sergio (goddamned) ,so i hope se really really REALLY LOOOSSES HARD!

Just would be fun to see Sergio crying again that some country's give point's to other country's who they see as good friends just from political rather than musical reasons...

Yes ,maybe i just shouldn't care ,problem is that the local media are really stuffing this music and eurovision shit into our ears ,just turn on the radio here and you have to listen to Sandee every fooking half an hour.

I would authorize the use of nuclear weapons against the Eurovision song contents crazy_o.gif

It's embarrassing. Going from producing composers like Bach, Mozart and Beethoven to this kind of crap is just embarrassing.

the only thing i know about our "star" mäxchen is his name. i never saw him on tv or so... tounge_o.gif

Well arguably in the 70's Eurosong was better than it is now.Winners of that time are pretty well known and some song's were really good. (like Waterloo from Abba somewhere in the late 70's or 80's)

In those times spread of media and music was far less than it is now ,so good artists were actually quite interrested to join the contest to promote their music abroad as it was less know out there.these times howaver with channels like Mtv just to name one music is so widespread and universal that Eurovision isn't that interresting anymore as medium for promotion ,definatly not for groups that already have succes over the globe ,usually it's all pretty unknown groups that compete now as Eurovision can be seen as promotion for them.

From a financial point of view i doubt that Belgium really wants to organize it to ,just like france (or probably Irealnd neither biggrin_o.gif )

But for country's in east Europe it can be good country promotion ,like the baltic country's or ukraine for ex can really benifit from hosting such an event.

Quote[/b] ]It's embarrassing. Going from producing composers like Bach, Mozart and Beethoven to this kind of crap is just embarrassing.

Chill, buddy. We still produce great composers. Like, uhm, Abba, Per Gessle and E-Type ;P

Björk was Swedish to right? That wasn't to bad. wink_o.gif

Too..... much........ euro....... pop......must reach.......remote....contro............l

Aghhhhh dead batteries crazy_o.gif

Björk is Icelandic smile_o.gif

IMO, al qaida should take an interest on what goes on in Eurovision, as its the root of all godless evil

Too..... much........ euro....... pop......must reach.......remote....contro............l  

Aghhhhh dead batteries crazy_o.gif

get that lazy ass off that chair and stand up to press the button that is on the tv tounge_o.gif

Ok after by accident hearing the Serbian contester i'm so ready for hari kiri.

Edit ,Macedonian ,wtf.

The only positive thought that eurosong can give me is a certain old Father ted episode and an epic song called "my lovely horse".

I'm out for a drink ,huzaah!

Ok after by accident hearing the Serbian contester i'm so ready for hari kiri.

u would do a world a favour, do it now ghostface.gif

Cannot.....reach....button on......Tv...... I think i might hire a monkey next time on Eurovision night so he can turn me tv off if my batteries are dead in me remote next time. Anyone got a spare monkey that can stand the evil torture or eurovision to reach the power button?

Cannot.....reach....button on......Tv...... I think i might hire a monkey next time on Eurovision night so he can turn me tv off if my batteries are dead in me remote next time.  Anyone got a spare monkey that can stand the evil torture or eurovision to reach the power button?

why do you watch  than :;)  you will never reach that remote nor tv cos you like it  :;)

@Apollo *you save your self in last min*  tounge_o.gif

I sorta left the tv on while i continued on with my Project, but then realised that it was this time of year again for utter tosh. Tell ya what tho you europeans should all be dead happy with yourselfs as us stupid british people for some stupid reason pay a thing called tv licience (another stealth tax) so we can have the pleasure of watching crap for about 20 hours a day on the very nice "PAY US OR WE WILL SEND YOU TO COURT AND LOCK YA UP WITH THE RAPISTS AND OTHER CRIMINALS" BBC crazy_o.gif

The voting is a bit fun though as it's 10% about the music, 30% about sucking up to the host country and 60% about politics. Simply put it's a fun way of seeing which countries like each other.

For instance the British nil points last year was a clear consequence of the prelude to the Iraq war. The music was awful too, but that is more a rule, not an exception when it comes to the Eurovision.

Interesting this year is the obvious warming up of the relations between the ex-Yugoslav countries. Also it would seem that UK is still in the dog house. Not surprising though considering the EU developments as well as the Iraq war.

Interesting this year is the obvious warming up of the relations between the ex-Yugoslav countries. Also it would seem that UK is still in the dog house. Not surprising though considering the EU developments as well as the Iraq war.

They are distributing their points around them.

Yugoslavia votes Yugoslavia

Cyprus -> 12 points Greece

Greece -> 12 points Cyprus

Monaco -> 12 points France

rock.gif

What a crap...

Go, Max, go!

I refuse to watch this, the music, set-up and hosts don't appeal to me.