Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gta san andreas

Quote[/b] ]I don't know, hundreds of people exchanging sniper fire through the streets will quickly create a Stalingrad-class situation. And imagine what would happen if some of the CS community migrated into a GTA environment.

a subscription fee will probaly keep all the little CS freaks away. as for rampages, well just beef up the wanted level so that if you really cause a shit storm, hundreds of cops, SWAT teams, and Feds will come chase after you w/ extreme prejudice and w/ god-like aim and mad driving skills. maybe even let some of the players choose to be police instead of criminals. if you get caught by the police, you must pay a large fine, if you can't pay, than you go to jail where you must wait for either a buddy to come bail you out, or you must find a way to bail yourself out which should be no doubt difficult. that should limit the number of rampages.

edit: speaking of police, i wonder if the cops in SA will behave much like the cops in Mafia. like when they chase after you if you are speeding, run a red light bump into another car, and then you could either pull over and pay a fine, or try to out run them.

Looks great. I just hope they add more detail to the characters and add better shadows or even better, add dynamic lighting.

hope they release some new trailers showing the congested streets, and the new combat system. kinda looks like they are merging Manhunts system into Gta

I'm really looking forward to the new combat system. Which was, IMHO the only good thing about Manhunt.

Mmmm.... The trailer was very nice. The only thing I don't like, and haven't liked since GTA3 is the syncronized "get in the car" which all NPC's seem to have going.

Not a particularly imaginative "spoof" really smile_o.gif

Whats the difference between the WMP trailer and the Quicktime trailer, theres 100mb difference.

.mov file are less compressed than .wmv files so retain a higher pixel resolution, making for a better quality image.

.mov file are less compressed than .wmv files so retain a higher pixel resolution, making for a better quality image.

ok kool.

that was a nice read looks like a new classic coming up

can't wait for it to release in october

crazy_o.gif

I have found 4 movies of the game, which might be hard to find for some of you. Click on flash, then Los Santos. Then there are four small squares, click on them then to the left click on the size of file eg 2.5mb

There is one gigantic problem with this game... it is being built for console and PC version will be a port sad_o.gif . Thats why the cars dont look so good amongst other things problably.

They should build it for PC first with all the good stuff and then do it like Mafia and dumb it down with blue fog and bad textures and inferior anims so it can run on consoles.

We PC players would definetly get a better product and consolers would get the same game they will anyway...

Actually, the PC versions of Vice City and the the original GTA3 have been greatly improved over their console versions. I still beleive that Rockstar studios hearts lie with the PC market, which they started out on.

Actually, the PC versions of Vice City and the the original GTA3 have been greatly improved over their console versions. I still beleive that Rockstar studios hearts lie with the PC market, which they started out on.

I wasnt able to compare, but i felt that the cars could should have looked better and the same for visible respawning stuff and many other things, game didnt feel optimised to take advantage of PC platform.

About Rockstar hearts... well they lie where the money is just like all other publishers rock.gif .

I just dont trust multiplatform games, there should be independant teams developing the games simultaniously for both console and PC's, just to be sure it is worth upgrading hardware from time to time smile_o.gif .

There is one gigantic problem with this game... it is being built for console and PC version will be a port sad_o.gif . Thats why the cars dont look so good amongst other things problably.

They should build it for PC first with all the good stuff and then do it like Mafia and dumb it down with blue fog and bad textures and inferior anims so it can run on consoles.

We PC players would definetly get a better product and consolers would get the same game they will anyway...

that will never happen. the GTA franchise gets the bulk of their money from the sales on the counsils. the PC players will have to take a back seat. if they did the same what was done w/ Mafia, their would be quite a few angery consumers.

About Rockstar hearts... well they lie where the money is just like all other publishers rock.gif .

I just dont trust multiplatform games, there should be independant teams developing the games simultaniously for both console and PC's, just to be sure it is worth upgrading hardware from time to time smile_o.gif .

Well, they do put out good PC products since I do beleive they still feel strongly about the PC market.

Other game studios that make PC ports, don't even put an ounce of effort to make the game playable on a PC. Whereas Rockstar atleast makes the game playable and puts out excellent PC products. Even if they don't take 100% advantage of the modern PC's hardware. And IIRC Rockstar doesn't publish the games, but Take 2 games do...

True, MP2 was a quality game for the PC smile_o.gif . But the console market should take the "back seat" instead of PC one, afterall they would still get the same product while we have the necessary tech to have something superior. It does worry me sometimes that we dont get all we could have because of so many companies aiming their products at the console market.

Just imagine GTA with Mafia's overall quality and refined gameplay, would be quite a treat and surely consolers should acept the fact that we spend alot more € keeping our machines up to date, i sure hope they push the PC version of the game a bit more smile_o.gif .

I hope they make the console version the "better" version. I dont really want to buy on the pc and i have never bought GTA on the pc.

Both GTA3 and VC were both released on the Console first.

edit: go on GTA:SA Official site and click on buy now, only show PS2's cover.

Quote[/b] ]Both GTA3 and VC were both released on the Console first.

That decision was obviously made by Sony. Having it released exclusively to ps2 is very good for them.

The original classic gta games were all released on PC. Things have changed; it’s as simple as that. I can't think of one person that I know who legally bought GTA 3 / VC on pc. Many got it for ps2 though (practically every one that owned that console

smile_o.gif