Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gta san andreas

I never liked the GTA series. I always thought that shooting was too easy. I hate auto aim and I don't like being a criminal. I liked True Crime much more.

I never liked the GTA series. I always thought that shooting was too easy. I hate auto aim and I don't like being a criminal. I liked True Crime much more.

Autoaim was on in the console versions, the pc one used mouse to aim.

If you go on Emule you can see about 50 "GTA San Andreas" games for download, I feel sorry for the poor idiots that believe that.

*cough* don't talk about that!  crazy_o.gif  *cough*

i liked the game, but once you've seen it all, you've seen it ALL! i didn't liked the car damage , i didn't liked the way the AI was , i didn't liked anything of it! but still... it was fun? biggrin_o.gif

Autoaim was on in the console versions, the pc one used mouse to aim.

The autoaim sucks balls big time... I want to be able to aim like in the Hitman games but nooooo they use some stupid auto aiming thing. It sucks big time if you ask me... This is THE thing that irritates me the most while playing vice city...

The autoaim sucks balls big time... I want to be able to aim like in the Hitman games but nooooo they use some stupid auto aiming thing. It sucks big time if you ask me... This is THE thing that irritates me the most while playing vice city...

Eh?

I loved literally mowing down 20 cops/feds behind me, 20 headshots with a full M4 clip.

Even on console you could go to first person and *not* have autoaim, if you like getting your brains blown out while you fiddle with the analog sticks. (even though my friend was almost as deadly with those fiddlesome thingies as I was with keyboard and mouse)

Looking forward to this. smile_o.gif

DONT PLAY CONSOLE VERSIONS THEN

I play it on my ps2 because computers always seem to have errors and that crap... And i have no idea if the game would work on this computer... AAAAAND my console is in my room so i can play on it whenever i want, this isn't my computer so i don't have a lot of time to use it. (well i do have time now but that's because my dad is working in Paris at the moment, hooorraaaaay almost home alone tounge_o.gif ...almost... sad_o.gif )

Oh well smile_o.gif

I prefer consoles, especially considering the fact that aiming well with the analoge sticks IS possible... Too bad some games just fuck it up, oh well...

I'll probably buy the game anyway... I love cruising around smile_o.gif

I prefer consoles, especially considering the fact that aiming well with the analoge sticks IS possible... Too bad some games just fuck it up, oh well...

I'll probably buy the game anyway... I love cruising around smile_o.gif

Consoles are never as good as PCs for FPS. The analog sticks on PS2, and equivalent on other consoles, are simply not as fast or accurate as a mouse. Fact.

I prefer consoles, especially considering the fact that aiming well with the analoge sticks IS possible...  Too bad some games just fuck it up, oh well...

I'll probably buy the game anyway...  I love cruising around smile_o.gif

Consoles are never as good as PCs for FPS.  The analog sticks on PS2, and equivalent on other consoles, are simply not as fast or accurate as a mouse.  Fact.

Do you have any idea how irritating it is when you put fact behind a sentence like you did? smile_o.gif Well i think it IS irritating! FACT!

hehe

yeah i know, i prefer mouse and keyboard too, well at least for FPS... it is a lot more accurate and easier too...

But i still prefer consoles because there's less bullshit with consoles... fact! tounge_o.gif

and console games look crap compared to pc! fact!

and console games look crap compared to pc! fact!

consoles are cheaper, fact.

If you go on Emule you can see about 50 "GTA San Andreas" games for download, I feel sorry for the poor idiots that believe that.

*cough* don't talk about that!  crazy_o.gif  *cough*

i liked the game, but once you've seen it all, you've seen it ALL!  i didn't liked the car damage , i didn't liked the way the AI was , i didn't liked anything of it!  but still... it was fun?  biggrin_o.gif

I'm looking forward to the new ragdoll physics tounge_o.gif

consoles can do a hell of a lot less than computers, fact

Game looks pretty cool though I may consider the PC version if my comp can take it ......fact

(Keep it coming with the facts)

actually the Xbox verion of Vice City had textures just as good, and the models were better.

Xbox Version

vice_screen009.jpg

PC Version

city_screen001.jpg

and the ability to d/l content for your games is no longer unique to the PC. the Xbox has a hard drive that will let you do just that. the PS2 also has released a hard drive of their own as well.

actually the Xbox verion of Vice City had textures just as good, and the models were better.

Do you not see the blurred-ness?

It's a 733Mhz CPU, it doesn't even use another architecture, it _is_ basically a pc in a box.

It looks like crap compared to the comp version, hell, it looked better on _my_ computer.

I love my consoles, but even almighty Xbox cannot keep up with computer graphics, and there are no arguments to support that, since in pc terms, the Xbox's been outdated for how long now?

What is the view output device for a console?

A tv set?

That would explain the crapness of the console. I know only one brand of Tv set that can match (in some ways) the picture output from a PC screen (I am not talking about a Plasma-shit here). Anyways what is the highest res for a TV? And how many people can efford it? And a gamepad. Precise aiming devise - a GAMEPAD.

Meh, they should make seperate versions for PC and consoles, GTAvc looked horrible on my comp, especialy the cars crazy_o.gif , a game of similar genre but one hundred times better was Mafia and i mean more than graphics wise, GTA is poor gameplay wise, no plot, uninteristing characters and weird missions/tasks. Comparing GTA and Mafia is like comparing a console with a PC, and the PS2 conversion of Mafia turned out to be very bad comparing it to the PC version, i wonder why? wink_o.gif .

This and Pro Evolution football 4 are my two must have games for the PS2, can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that they come out at virtually the same time (mid Oct?) smile_o.gif

the latest PC Gamer had a 7 or so page review on this puppy... i had a woody just reading it... my lord this game sounds amazing... this is one game to be remembered when it comes out smile_o.gif like GTA was when it first came out...

Meh, they should make seperate versions for PC and consoles, GTAvc looked horrible on my comp, especialy the cars crazy_o.gif , a game of similar genre but one hundred times better was Mafia and i mean more than graphics wise, GTA is poor gameplay wise, no plot, uninteristing characters and weird missions/tasks. Comparing GTA and Mafia is like comparing a console with a PC, and the PS2 conversion of Mafia turned out to be very bad comparing it to the PC version, i wonder why? wink_o.gif .

Mafia didn't win any design awards... GTA VC won plenty... although i do love Mafia smile_o.gif

Sir, Are you blind?

That might look better in braile but in everyone elses vision the XBox one does not look as good.

meh, i knew somebody would get upset over my comment. mention anything remotly negative about their sacred PC's and everybody cries "BLASPHEMY!" maybe its just me, but why spend 500 or 600 on a high end graphics card dollars just so that i could stop gameplay to admire how nicely done somebody textured a wall? im mostly too busy playing the game to care or notice about such small details. its a good thing OFP is comming to Xbox... i bet that burns many asses of the PC fanboys here doesn't it fella's? tounge_o.gif

and no, i don't hate PC games, its just a shame that they have to be on a platform thats just a giant inconvenience.

Mafia didn't win any design awards... GTA VC won plenty... although i do love Mafia  smile_o.gif

Awards dont mean much to me, and imo Mafia was underated, it had a fantastic plot and cinematic feel, great music, neat graphics and textures, very interesting "jobs" and missions, very good characters and voice acting, etc...it was also very well put together and it really shows that alot of hard work had been put into it, i remember some of its great firefights and being chased by dogs or how we could take the train to move around the city, its a game that left me good memories smile_o.gif . GTA is within the same genre but on a more simple minded, relaxed and fun perspective. It lacks atention to detail and overall quality and it got boring fast, it didnt come close to my expectations and the PC conversion is also a very poor one has it didnt took advantage of PC's full potential, they could/should have improved its textures and models or found a way of getting rid of all those frequent respawning people and stuff. I just dont have high expectations for GTA San Andreas smile_o.gif .

Gta didnt deserve any design awards seeing how poor achievement it is compared to Mafia...

meh, i knew somebody would get upset over my comment. mention anything remotly negative about their sacred PC's and everybody cries "BLASPHEMY!" maybe its just me, but why spend 500 or 600 on a high end graphics card dollars just so that i could stop gameplay to admire how nicely done somebody textured a wall? im mostly too busy playing the game to care or notice about such small details. its a good thing OFP is comming to Xbox... i bet that burns many asses of the PC fanboys here doesn't it fella's?   tounge_o.gif

and no, i don't hate PC games, its just a shame that they have to be on a platform thats just a giant inconvenience.

Actually cheap, old, limited consoles are a good thing for all of us gamers, with its limited possibilities it forces the devs to optimise and improve rendering techniques assuring that PC gamers dont really need a high end graphics card to run most games with good detail and quality, it just pisses them of that they have to pay more for 640x420 resolutions of low rez texturing and blue fogged 100 meters view distances on their sony games tounge_o.gif .

meh, i knew somebody would get upset over my comment. mention anything remotly negative about their sacred PC's and everybody cries "BLASPHEMY!"

No, you said the Xbox version looks better. Which was, basically, talking out of your hoop. Some games work better on consoles. Games like capcom vs SNK, soulcalibur (II), streetfighter series etc all work perfectly well on console and wouldn't suit a PC conversion.

FPS games, on the other hand, are just better on PC. And pointing that out to deluded console fanboys isn't 'getting upset' - its pointing out a basic fact.