Sign in to follow this  
T J

Flashpoint 2004

Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make at E3 in a couple of days time....

Before you read - this is not an official information and it is not based on any official information

Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX, which has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, along with full Join in Progress Multiplayer gaming options via XBOX Live! Four new Large (Nogova Sized) Islands will be used as the basis for a 40 mission campaign following the general lines of the original 1985 campaign and the Resistance campaign.

Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!

Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and higher poly models all add to the atmosphere.

As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern equipment at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)

Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is enhanced for 56K users.

The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.

NOTE: All the above is pure conjecture on my part, and may be totally unjustified. It is based upon personal observations only, and I have no ties or interests to either BIS or codemasters. I also have a rather large hat marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.

We'll soon see!

TJ

Well, I hope you're right, but I'm affraid not. If they would release a stand alone game this summer, you'd expect they will have something to show of it this E3. As codemasters will only have a stand for OFP X-box, this is out of the question.

btw, there is a perfectly suitable thread where this could be added to the ongoing discussion aboout ofp2 and Codemasters on E3 wink_o.gif

I also have a rather large hat marinading in garlic, just in case I have to eat it.

Tin foil. Just roast and serve. smile_o.gif

... and Derek Smart will release a bug-free game, Valve will announce that TF2 has gone gold, peace will prevail in the world, and the BIS off-topic forum will see no strife for 1000 years.

hehe. one thing I've figured out from being around software geeks. The chatter you hear is the _most_ the product will be; more likely, you'll be seeing a lot less.

and why are your examples of "modern equipment" all SF variants of US helos?

and how do you marinate in garlic? where I come from, we need at least some sort of acid to break down the proteins.

Also, what kind of hat? If you've got a fresh stetson, marinating for more than 2 hours will make it chewy. On the other hand, a good sombrero can last for couple days in a marinade.

Well he could be on to something. The pics from flashpoint thread in the Flashpoint 2 genral show Delta looking troops and Jungles and Winter. And it did look a little OFP 1ish so he could be right smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well anyway. Lets just wait and see.

Well here goes, my guesstimate of the announcement Codemasters will make at E3 in a couple of days time....

Codemasters are pleased to release Operation Flashpoint for the XBOX, which has massive graphical improvement over the original PC version, ...

First time wrong, so to say  wink_o.gif

OFP XBox E3

Quote[/b] ]Well anyway. Lets just wait and see.

Do we have other options?

Well judging from some rumour from "insiders" I would say that this scenario seems to be possible...

Well judging from some rumour from "insiders" I would say that this scenario seems to be possible...

I know you care about your professionality and stuff, but could you please be so kind to reveal your scources? wink_o.gif

I wonder what part(s) did Suma edited in T J's post; my guess is the bold parts.

Flashpoint 2004... Whatever, whenever.

I wonder what part(s) did Suma edited in T J's post; my guess is the bold parts.

Flashpoint 2004... Whatever, whenever.

lol.... true... maybe he verged tooo close to the truth and scared Suma tounge_o.gif

Yep we do. Its called "Farcry" biggrin_o.gif

FarCry has the worst jumping physics! Other than that it's fine.

Yeah. We attack BI studieos in The Cehzch repulic and interrigate Suma and Maruk and all the workers. tounge_o.gif

Or if that dont work. We attack Codemaster HQ (London i thinks???) and interrigate the owner. tounge_o.gif

Anyway. My plans have a lot of attacking. tounge_o.gif:p

Batdog, you should go and take your medicines... NOW!!!!!!! crazy_o.gif

Medicene rock.gif I havnt been to a doctor in 6 years. smile_o.gif (that is sad sad_o.gif )

Codemasters are also delighted to announce the release of a new standalone (or possibly expansion) game, called Flashpoint 2004!

Improvements in the game engine and enhancements taken from the XBOX conversion have made possible a much improved graphics engine, which makes the most of up to date hardware. Pixel shading, dynamic lighting and higher poly models all add to the atmosphere.

As for the gameplay, you take the part of Special Forces (Delta?) deployed worldwide to counter specific threats. You may find yourself fighting in tropical jungles and snowy mountain sides, with a wealth of modern equipment at your disposal. ( Expect MH47E, Littlebirds, MH60's etc etc)

Codemasters are also delighted to annouce that this expansion to the original game will have full Join In Progress ability where the mission maker allows for that, as well as full backwards compatibility with the existing addon base. Tweaked MP coding will allow for VOIP in game, and is enhanced for 56K users.

The expected release date of Flashpoint 2004 is Summer 2004.

Wouldn't this be great, if it is true  biggrin_o.gif

Codemasters has been quite tightlipped so far with E3 coverage, but with only one day E3 left and no Flashpoint news I'd make sure you've got your Tabasco ready and hat well marinaded tounge_o.gif

But you'll never know - maybe they've got ace in their sleeve and are just waiting for a last day of E3 and maximum press coverage now that HL2 news and stuff are already winding down...

the idea of an extra expansion for ofp1 (ofp 2004) seems higly improbable to me because

- independence lost was already postponed until after ofp2

- there is simply not enough space between 1.96 and 2.0 to release extra patches for that expansion wink_o.gif

unless of course they start counting like 1.971, 1.972 ter, 1.973 bis etc.  tounge_o.gif

but I am very patient. the more time they get for a complete overhaul of the engine (more GPU, less CPU), the better

well i guess it´s either today (last day of E3) or no time soon that BIS will release infos about OFP´s future development. smile_o.gif

Well CM promised "surprises" regarding OFP before E3 started, in ADDITION to the XBOX news.

My only surprise so far is that XBOX OFP is delayed further until autumn 2004.

I better put my false teeth in...............

biggrin_o.gif

TJ

and how do you marinate in garlic? where I come from, we need at least some sort of acid to break down the proteins.

Garlic can work fine for a marinade if you mix it in with some cooking oil and soy sauce. Leave the meat in for 4-6 hours and you'll get some very soft and well tasting meat.

Well CM promised "surprises" regarding OFP before E3 started, in ADDITION to the XBOX news.

My only surprise so far is that XBOX OFP is delayed further until autumn 2004.

I better put my false teeth in...............

biggrin_o.gif

TJ

You could try to put the thing it in a blender first. Add some milk and butter to make swallowing a bit easier.

Don't forget to send us the photos, ok?

smile_o.gif

Yeah. We attack BI studieos in The Cehzch repulic and interrigate Suma and Maruk and all the workers. tounge_o.gif

Or if that dont work. We attack Codemaster HQ (London i thinks???) and interrigate the owner. tounge_o.gif

Anyway. My plans have a lot of attacking. tounge_o.gif:p

The Cehzch repulic and the UK just whent in to a RED ALERT

well then it's not marinating in garlic, is it? I mean, sure I use garlic in marinades, but I don't marinade in garlic.

(P.S. add some rice wine vinegar, and vary the marinade time according to the cut of meat).